Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 9th November 2014, 07:18   #21761  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrykuntz View Post
Window explorer states the size 22.1 gb. I use Verbatim 6x BD disk and I burn them at 4x. No I don't have a PC program that will play BD videos. Again when I do full backup it works great.
You could try VLC for PC playback. It will play Bluray folders and it is free.
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 13:01   #21762  |  Link
worknstiff

@ CV91913; RE: You could try VLC for PC playback. It will play Bluray folders and it is free.

I can never get VLC to play back my Blue-rays from either disk or folder structure. Do they offer a "Pro" version that does or am I missing something?

Also I burn all my disks at 23.1 GB or 23.2 GB and never have a problem. I wonder if your rip had a hic-up right at the end or something. I watched my burned (23.1 GB) of "A Million Ways To Die", all the way through the end credits just to find out who's singing the title song. Must be great to be able to afford to get Alan Jackson to sing it for you, lol.

Last edited by worknstiff; 9th November 2014 at 13:01. Reason: oops
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 13:43   #21763  |  Link
RobertM

I've had issues like this before. In every case but one it was a bad rip. So first thing would be to rip it again, and view that part of the ripped file on your computer, very carefully, to see if you can detect any kind of glitch in the playback at the very spot it freezes.

But, in that one case I mentioned, it was something else...

I did a movie-only re-encode of 'The Counselor' and it was a multi-part stream. All of the parts re-encoded except for one, which kept the original video. When those several parts were stitched together into the final file, that section of the movie had frozen video while the audio was fine. All other parts, before and after, were fine.

This was a very strange situation, and I don't know if JD was able to track it down. A copy of your log file would be quite definitive in determining if this is the same type of problem.

Quote:
When I do movie only backup BD-25 of A Milllion Ways to Die in the West. When I play the movie back at the end of the movie the picture freezes on the last shot and BD timer stays at one position while the music to the credits plays on. You never see the credits, you just hear the music while the last video of the movie freezes.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 15:34   #21764  |  Link
zipizape

problem bluray peabody and sherman 3d xmen ...

the problem is solve. My writers are not 3d. I tried with writer 3d and all is ok thank you
zipizape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 16:19   #21765  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipizape View Post
the problem is solve. My writers are not 3d. I tried with writer 3d and all is ok thank you
???? writer 3D?
Old 9th November 2014, 16:31   #21766  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ CV91913; RE: You could try VLC for PC playback. It will play Bluray folders and it is free.

I can never get VLC to play back my Blue-rays from either disk or folder structure. Do they offer a "Pro" version that does or am I missing something?
I am currently using version 2.1.4 (there may be a newer one, they put them out all the time.) It plays BD folders and discs just fine. It is free but, much like BDRB, VideoLan takes donations. I don't believe there is a "pro" version. I don't recall doing anything special to make it play Bluray.
Old 9th November 2014, 19:05   #21767  |  Link
worknstiff

@ CV91913; RE: I knew it would allow playback of blue-rays but was talking about using the original menu. Sorry.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 20:51   #21768  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ CV91913; RE: I knew it would allow playback of blue-rays but was talking about using the original menu. Sorry.
No, I'm sorry for getting off topic. I only use VLC to check backups before burning to disc. I do movie only backups so I never noticed it didn't do menus.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:03   #21769  |  Link
zipizape

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
???? writer 3D?
hello my writer can not play 3d movies. then i got a samsung a external writer that cans play and write 3d
zipizape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 17:46   #21770  |  Link
terrykuntz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
I've had issues like this before. In every case but one it was a bad rip. So first thing would be to rip it again, and view that part of the ripped file on your computer, very carefully, to see if you can detect any kind of glitch in the playback at the very spot it freezes.

But, in that one case I mentioned, it was something else...

I did a movie-only re-encode of 'The Counselor' and it was a multi-part stream. All of the parts re-encoded except for one, which kept the original video. When those several parts were stitched together into the final file, that section of the movie had frozen video while the audio was fine. All other parts, before and after, were fine.

This was a very strange situation, and I don't know if JD was able to track it down. A copy of your log file would be quite definitive in determining if this is the same type of problem.
If I had a bad rip, why does the full movie backup show the credits while the movie only version does not? I did use the latest version of BD Rebuilder.
terrykuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 18:29   #21771  |  Link
RobertM

A bad rip means that there is garbage in the data stream, and this garbage can send the controlling program in undefined directions; your re-encode may appear fine (rare, but possible), or it may crash your computer (unlikely, but still possible), or something in between those 2 extremes. A full backup and movie-only backup might, in fact, behave differently based on that garbage.

But I agree with you that the fact that your full-backup seems to play fine is suggestive that something else is going on. The situation I described in the last half of my response is a possibility; it's happened to me before. It would be very easy to tell if you ran into the same problem, if you would simply post your log file.

Last edited by RobertM; 10th November 2014 at 18:49.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 18:54   #21772  |  Link
DoctorM

@terrykuntz - It might be better trying to view the AVISynth script generated by BD Rebuilder in a media player or something like VirtualDub rather than the ripped BD directly. That should reveal if bad data is being sent to the x264 encoder.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 19:02   #21773  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
If I had a bad rip, why does the full movie backup show the credits while the movie only version does not? I did use the latest version of BD Rebuilder.
There's a big difference between playback and reencoding. A glitch in playback is simply skipped over -- in reencoding it can stop the encoder in its tracks.

On that disc the movie is multi-part and the credits are contained in a single standalone M2TS. My guess is that somehow that last encode didn't occur for some reason (or was glitched/shortened). It's hard to tell without a log.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th November 2014 at 19:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 19:37   #21774  |  Link
mparade

Does anyone know if MULTIPROCESS option is available for x265 used with DGdecNV? With threads=auto I am around on 65% average processor utilization with my new Xeon.

A reply would be appreciated.

Last edited by mparade; 10th November 2014 at 22:15.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 21:17   #21775  |  Link
jdobbs

Not currently. I purposely disabled it for HEVC because I hadn't tested it (the monitoring of multiple processes) -- but I may be able to reenable it for the next release.
Old 10th November 2014, 22:02   #21776  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not currently. I purposely disabled it for HEVC because I hadn't tested it (the monitoring of multiple processes) -- but I may be able to reenable it for the next release.
It would be great and I would really appreciate it. Currently it seems, maybe due to the combination of a new processor and a Quadro video card from Nvidia used with DGdecNV that the default threads setting within x265 cannot utilize my processor maximally. Somehow, the decoding process cannot keep up with the performance of the processor. I haven't realized it previously with my AMD Firepro and older Xeon. That one was utilized maximally during the whole encoding process all the time when DirectShowSource/LAVF was used as the frameserver while using exactly the same x265 command line...

Last edited by mparade; 10th November 2014 at 22:14.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 08:20   #21777  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi jdobbs, hope youŽre well, i was thinking about if you can make some button just for do "clic" "Pause" and "Continue" some job on any Bd rebuiler process? An example, i currently ripping some bluray movie and i have to stop temporaly the job but i donŽt want to miss all the process, so, if there just could be a button to pause temporaly and later continue, that will perfect. IŽll wonder if you can do that button.

Dear jdobbs, can be this possible?

Anyway thank you for your time!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 08:35   #21778  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Wrong thread, feature request is over here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144046

You're in the DEBUG thread

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2014, 17:03   #21779  |  Link
Dandimite

audio settings

which audio settings should i use?
i want to do a full backup of the following disc:
main movie: DTS HD and PCM
extras: PCM
now i want to keep only the DTS HD for the main movie. and is there a way to convert the PCM (stereo) from the extras into AC3?

Thanks, Dandimite
Dandimite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 04:33   #21780  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Wrong thread, feature request is over here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144046

You're in the DEBUG thread

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Thanks buddy
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote