Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Closed Thread

Old 1st December 2005, 11:15   #1  |  Link
CLS
GaGaGuGu...

Audio stream correction!

Aloha!

Yeah, I'm a newbie to dvdrips. So now accoured a little problem, I'm doing my rips *thanks len0x* with AutoGK. I ripped a dvd, and autogk noticed a delay in the stream (-), so after autogk finished a launched the movie, and it wasn't correct, still some delay needed, so i tried with nandub first to delay the audo stream, but except the size of the file has changed, nothing else was *for me* noticable. Then a tried with VirtualDubMod, and also nothing.

Well, i guess why it's like that, because in the begining there is the ***** Home Entertainment logo without audio (3sec)...

Please someone could help, me or show me the link where i could fix this little-little problem. And yeah i'm a newbie, that mean i don't now so much about VirtualDub and all these stuff...

Thanks

Last edited by CLS; 1st December 2005 at 13:05.
Old 1st December 2005, 12:29   #2  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS
i tried with nandub first to delay the audo stream, but except the size of the file has changed, nothing else was *for me* noticable.
If you used NanDub to adjust audio skew and used Direct Stream Copy, the file size should not have changed. When I backed up Madagascar, I had about a second of audio synch advance that offsetting the audio by 1000ms made no difference at all, but with 2000ms it was delayed a tad. Trial and error finally gave me 1850ms.
Old 1st December 2005, 12:38   #3  |  Link
CLS
GaGaGuGu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR03
If you used NanDub to adjust audio skew and used Direct Stream Copy, the file size should not have changed. When I backed up Madagascar, I had about a second of audio synch advance that offsetting the audio by 1000ms made no difference at all, but with 2000ms it was delayed a tad. Trial and error finally gave me 1850ms.
Well if I understand your writing right....
I used 'Direct Stream Copy' too, and chaged: Audio > Interleaving... > Audio Skew Correction > 3sec. That's what i changed, the first time the size chaged of the avi, but the stream wasn't delays, then I tried with this once delayd avi, and delayed this one again with 3 sec. Now nothing changed again, neither audio neither size. *In my chase it was Sideways!*
Old 1st December 2005, 16:14   #4  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

Here is a method that you can use and it's pretty easy: open dvddecrypter with tour original dvd in the drive, than choose mode:ifo mode - stream processing - enable stream processing, after that click the audio stream you want to use and select demux for it (it must be checked and slected). Choose where to save it, etc. You'll have the original ac3 stream.
This one open it in BeLight and convert it to mp3 (there are guides for that right above). Usualy BeLight will choose automaticaly the delay (and if not just use the value from the name of the ac3). You end up with a mp3 stream. Open your encoded and unsynced avi file with avimux (right click and add), click generate data source from file, somewhere down a mp3 stream will appear - deselect it, add again and select your new good mp3 file and be sure it is checked. Hit save.
I tried to explain this for every level of knowledge since I don't know how much you know.
Old 1st December 2005, 16:22   #5  |  Link
CLS
GaGaGuGu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daodan
Here is a method that you can use and it's pretty easy: open dvddecrypter with tour original dvd in the drive, than choose mode:ifo mode - stream processing - enable stream processing, after that click the audio stream you want to use and select demux for it (it must be checked and slected). Choose where to save it, etc. You'll have the original ac3 stream.
This one open it in BeLight and convert it to mp3 (there are guides for that right above). Usualy BeLight will choose automaticaly the delay (and if not just use the value from the name of the ac3). You end up with a mp3 stream. Open your encoded and unsynced avi file with avimux (right click and add), click generate data source from file, somewhere down a mp3 stream will appear - deselect it, add again and select your new good mp3 file and be sure it is checked. Hit save.
I tried to explain this for every level of knowledge since I don't know how much you know.
Great description...thanks! I could do it...but I don't have the original dvd anymore. But i have the whole avi, and the stripped ac3 files. *because i use 2 streams too* So how could i do this delay without the original dvd, and with ac3??! Btw...I usually use dvddecrypters ISO read option, the then I mount this file and use it as source for AutoGK. is that not so efficient? yeah i read a couple of time some tutorial what you're saying.

*thanks again for the help...*
Old 1st December 2005, 16:39   #6  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

So you want ac3 in your encode? Or mp3? If it's mp3 you want than just follow the instructions after the part with the demuxing (you end up with ac3 after that). You also want dual audio? I hope tou use mkv or ogm in that case not avi. Iso mode in dvddecryter is not a crime. In my guide I used dvddecrypter because it's easyer for beginners but you can as well use DGindex for the demuxing of ac3 audio.
Old 1st December 2005, 16:51   #7  |  Link
CLS
GaGaGuGu...

Quote:
So you want ac3 in your encode? Or mp3? If it's mp3 you want than just follow the instructions after the part with the demuxing (you end up with ac3 after that). You also want dual audio? I hope tou use mkv or ogm in that case not avi. Iso mode in dvddecryter is not a crime. In my guide I used dvddecrypter because it's easyer for beginners but you can as well use DGindex for the demuxing of ac3 audio.
So then, here are my whole settings. I want simply and easily 2 AC3 audios streams in my avi *yeah next time i try mkv or ogm, but why are these better, is the result not the same?*, and I don't want to convert them to mp3.

Actually, i don't know how to use DGindex, but AutoGk does, and makes it pretty good, besides this time...
So you're saying I should demux the my .ac3 files, but why? *or i'm just missunderstanding something....my english bad! =P*
Old 1st December 2005, 17:02   #8  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

Well, the idea to demux the ac3 for mp3 transcoding was beacause after your first post there was no way I could know you wanted ac3. The ogm or mkv is better because of the not so stable splitter you need to get dual audio avi to play (I had some problems). In your case ogm is pretty much useless and I advise mkv because of the very small overhead. All in all ogm has only one advantage over mkv in my eyes: the very quick seek feature because it can search to the nearest keyframe. Otherwise mkv is the best container: very small overhead (really useful if you are making low bitrate encodes) and the fact that supports almost all know video, audio and subtitle streams. But in your choice of video and audio codecs the only reason I advise mkv is the unstable splitter and not so much the overhead since you probably have a high bitrate encode since you use dual ac3.
Old 1st December 2005, 17:10   #9  |  Link
CLS
GaGaGuGu...

Quote:
Well, the idea to demux the ac3 for mp3 transcoding was beacause after your first post there was no way I could know you wanted ac3. The ogm or mkv is better because of the not so stable splitter you need to get dual audio avi to play (I had some problems). In your case ogm is pretty much useless and I advise mkv because of the very small overhead. All in all ogm has only one advantage over mkv in my eyes: the very quick seek feature because it can search to the nearest keyframe. Otherwise mkv is the best container: very small overhead (really useful if you are making low bitrate encodes) and the fact that supports almost all know video, audio and subtitle streams. But in your choice of video and audio codecs the only reason I advise mkv is the unstable splitter and not so much the overhead since you probably have a high bitrate encode since you use dual ac3.
Yeah...sorry....obviously you couldn't know!
If you ask me..I had also a couple of problems somethimes with the dual streams in avi, but only once. *i don't have done a lot of rips yet!* Actually I know mkv, but AutoGK don't support it, and if a remember right GordianKnot support it, as i done one with it a rip.

Sorry.....but I still don't know how to delay that ac3 streams, obviously if I do that with NanDub it's not good, or? or did I do something wrong when a i delayed it....?

*still thanks for helping....*
Old 1st December 2005, 17:25   #10  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

Yes, I almost forgot about your delay prblem. I'll give you two methods that you can try: 1. use delaycut from jsoto (http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/audiotools.htm). Open the file, at delay check original length and in start put your value (ex. -104 ms). Hit process.
2.reencode using belight - open your file (the delay will probably be there automaticaly filed in as I said). Choose to encode to 5.1 ac3, choose the same bitrate as the original file (usually is 384). Uncheck dinamic compression or anything else and also in the advanced settings, so only delay is the only thing left checked. Start processing. I don't know yet if with this method there isn't quality loss but I don't think so.
Old 1st December 2005, 18:05   #11  |  Link
ammck55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS
..but I don't have the original dvd anymore.
Look to the Forum Rules and the Announcement on the Newbies page for information on what we can and cannot issue help.

Thread closed
Closed Thread