Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th June 2005, 18:29   #1  |  Link
caffreys2k5

Removing audio tracks

When I remove the default audio track (such as the stereo track on Rush In Rio DVD), no sound is heard when I play the rebuilt DVD unless I select the other sound track on my player. Is it possible to make the remaining sound track the new default?
caffreys2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 18:37   #2  |  Link
jptheripper

not using rebuilder. You can change the defualt track using ifoedit.
jptheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2005, 02:11   #3  |  Link
hoozdapimp
lost in space

will this be fixed, or has it been already? I am using 1.00RC5 and this is still happening...why doesn't it get updated?
hoozdapimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2005, 04:14   #4  |  Link
jptheripper

this is not an error. It isnt fixed b/c you didnt fix it

you removed the default track, that is why nothing plays, if you want to "fix " it, you need to reauthor it. Dvd-rb works the way it should, leaving everything alone. If you want to move audio around there are a few tools that will let you do it, just search the forums
Old 17th September 2005, 04:47   #5  |  Link
hoozdapimp
lost in space

I know how to do it by myself, using IfoEdit...I'm just curious why, if the default audio is removed, the next audio track in line doesn't get assigned to the default? 99% of the time I don't have to touch anything, but there are certain dvd's where 2 ch audio is default and the 5.1 is second.

The biggest reason I would like this, is because I have DVD-RB burn my image after it is done encoding, so I basically just put a blank DVD in my DVD drive press Encode and when I wake up, it is ready to watch....when this is the case, I can't have it make or burn the image, and then I need to bust out good ol IfoEdit and change the IFO files.

I'm not trying to sound like a whiner, but in this case, it seems like it shouldn't be an unreasonable request.
Old 17th September 2005, 05:37   #6  |  Link
jptheripper

well, i hope i am not speaking out of turn, but jdobbs has, on multiple occassions, said he was wary about remapping streams b/c of the potential to break disk structure. As for simply changing the default, i guess its not that bad.

not that bad to just select audio from the menu or hit the audio key on a remote either
Old 18th September 2005, 07:37   #7  |  Link
hoozdapimp
lost in space

I agree, it's not that hard to change it either...but for other people that watch DVD's that I burn, they might not be so aware of what the problem is when there is no audio....I guess I can see both sides of the ball, but in this case, I wish it could at least be an _option_
Old 16th October 2005, 04:58   #8  |  Link
raquete

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffreys2k5
When I remove the default audio track (such as the stereo track on Rush In Rio DVD), no sound is heard when I play the rebuilt DVD unless I select the other sound track on my player. Is it possible to make the remaining sound track the new default?
make it simple.
first open your dvd in dvdshrink,remove(uncheck) the undesired audio track and backup without any compression.
if you need only the main movie, select re-author and adjust in 'set default stream' the desired audio track to be the default one or remove(uncheck) the undesired audio track.
use the result from dvdshrink
raquete is offline   Reply With Quote