Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 27th May 2005, 00:11   #1  |  Link
WingCommander

Problem while trying to build scenarist files

Greetings,

First of all let me congratulate the creators of DoItFast4U, ScenAid, BatchCCEWS and NuMenu4U for a magnificent work on those tools. Also, I've tried to locate the answer to this on forums but I have failed so far, so if this was already asked ans answered please accept my apologies for the double posting.

Now, regarding the problem itself. I am using, as you might have already guessed (not the versions ovbiously), DoItFast4U 1.4.7.0 beta, ScenAid 1.6.0.0 public release, BatchCCEWS 0.9.1.5 beta and NuMenu 2.0.10. Problem is that in several movies (not all, but I would say around a roughly 20% more or less) I get an error on Scenarist while trying to build the DVD files. Scenarist reports that some PGCs inside a single VTS have different palettes and therefore cannot continue building the files. Seems that changing BatchCCEWS for DoCCE4U does not solve this and only workaround I've found so far is to uncheck that certain VTS from DoItFast4U so its not processed by the encoder and just be copied as it is on the original DVD. However in some long duration movies (2h, 2h15) its not an option to have a Making Of feature of 45 more minutes untouched while keeping a decent main movie bitrate (CCE at around 2200 of bitrate is far from look nice really).

I would like to know if anyone has knowledge on how to make Batch/Do CCE use the same palete when enconding VTS with several PGCs (which I guess that is the problem) or any other solution?
WingCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 01:34   #2  |  Link
jel

hi WingCommander and welcome to the forum!

the error you are getting (that pgc's within a vts have different colour palette) is not related to your encoding of assets at all.

unfortunately it is glitch in the scenarist .scp file that scenaid creates for you. basically it is saying that you have two or more pgc's within a vts which have nominated a different subpicture colour palette from each other. unfortunately this is not allowed.

to be honest i thought d3s7 had fixed this problem ....
are you positive this is still happening with version 1.6.0?

hmmm ... i am sure that if this is the case, d3s7 will chip in on what files he needs to diagnose this problem.

in the meantime, however, it should be an easy fix.

find the vts on which this error occurs.
open each pgc for this vts in the 'track editor' of the scenarist window, go to 'settings > colour palette' and make sure that they all correspond.
ie if the main pgc is set to VTS_X_Palette, then change each of the additional PGC's to the same colour palette.
you may also need to check your 'dummy assets' folder to see if the problem lies with a dummied asset that is used in that vts.

hth
j
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 11:37   #3  |  Link
WingCommander

Thanks for the fast answer JEl. Yeah, right now I am using SecenAid 1.6 since a month ago more or less, previously I was using 1.0 and this error was quite oftenly found. When I updated to 1.6 seemed to disappear till I found it again while making a backup of Zatoichi DVDRegion 2 SPA version, so decided to ask about it. I will try with that one again and report how it went in a couple of days (my comp isnt extremly fast and I love to give 9 passes to everything lol)
Old 27th May 2005, 16:14   #4  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

I need to see the .SCP, scenaid.log and the original IFO for the VTS in question...

if it was to be a problem, you should have saw a note in the error/information window in scenaid
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2005, 00:22   #5  |  Link
WingCommander

Seems I found the possible problem, I have ScenAid 1.6.0.0 on this computer but 1.5.8 on the one I was using for this (doh). Trying it now and tomorrow I will be able to let you know if worked
Old 28th May 2005, 01:00   #6  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

remember that the later scenaid builds put the files in a Scenaid subdirectory off the root demux...
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2005, 19:06   #7  |  Link
WingCommander

Quote:
Originally posted by D3s7
remember that the later scenaid builds put the files in a Scenaid subdirectory off the root demux...
yep, I noticed

Seems Zatoichi worked this time, will try to work again on some titles I can remember that didnt work previously and let you know if any keeps to be troublesome. Thanks for the answers and keep up the good work