Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd May 2005, 01:41   #1  |  Link
neo36uk

Dvd Authored In Encore 1.5 Acting Strangely

Hello folks, can anyone help me with this one? i am also new to these forums so i hope this is the right place

I have just finished authoring a DVD in encore 1.5. I authored the DVD so that the first timeline could not be skipped no matter what button was pressed on the DVD remote control. The master DVD that was authored in Encore 1.5 is working properly, but when I copy that master disc with Nero 6 then the first play timeline can now be skipped for some strange reason, it is alos the same in clone DVD

What is the best software for making 1to1 backups of your DVD master?

WHAT DO YOU ALL USE?

Hope u can help with this one as I have now deleted the encore project, so I can’t produce anymore now from that

Cheers

Wayne…
neo36uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 10:05   #2  |  Link
kolak

Try Intervideo DVD Copy 3 or Gear Pro (the best software for DVD burning).

BTW... it's really strange problem or you're using DVDRegion Free

Last edited by kolak; 23rd May 2005 at 10:07.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 07:06   #3  |  Link
neo36uk

Hi kolak, thanks for responding to my post

I have just installed intervideo DVD Copy 3 and a trial of Gear Pro, I have tried burning the original DVD again but it is still not working properly. My first 2 timelines that are set up to not be skipped via the DVD remote are still being skipped when I press the main menu button or top menu button.

The original encore project is set up as seen in the picture; I will now have to try to set it to region 2 only with e being from the UK. What is confusing me still though is why there are no problems with the original DVD; surely if all setting for the original DVD is as in the jpeg then all copies should act the same.

This one is well weird

Wayne
Attached Images

Old 27th May 2005, 18:59   #4  |  Link
kolak

Gear Pro is used by many authoring studios and it make perfect 1:1 copy(acording to Tom Vaughan from Gear support).
I think that the problem is in Encore. Try other software like DVD Composer or Sony DVD Architect.
I had simmilar problem with CD-Audio disc and I can tell you that Nero it is not a good software for copying (it change disc structure).

Last edited by kolak; 27th May 2005 at 20:01.
Old 28th May 2005, 15:02   #5  |  Link
neo36uk

Hi kolak

Just an update…I have just updated the firmware on my Sony dru530a burner and it now works fine. I will have to try my pioneerA06 later but I think it will be fine.

It copied the original DVD a bit slower that all other programs but it now acts in exactly the same way as the original, the first two timelines can no longer be skipped just like in the original..

Thanks for your help on this one…I am going to stick to gear pro for all my burning now I think

Cheers

Wayne
Old 28th May 2005, 19:22   #6  |  Link
kolak

Who thought that it can be burner