Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th March 2005, 13:47   #1  |  Link
imaginaire

How to frameserve growing avi and wav muxed

My problem seems simple on the outset.
But a brief outline is required.

The system:
Pinnacle systems take a live feed from satellite and archive it to file real-time at 25Mbs DV1. They then create a proxy version at 1.5Mbs mpeg. Video files are saved as .avi while the there are 1-4 seperate audio files in .wav.

I need to attach meta-data to the feed in real time using a seperate product. This product uses Windows Media Player and encoder (v.7) to re-encode in 300Kbs.

What works:
When a Pinnacle feed is complete I have no problems using AviSynth to handle the muxing and serve the files to Media Player. This has been tested and works brilliantly. I use "DirectShowSource" for both audio and video.

The problem:
Doing the above bit while Pinnacle is busy creating the files.

Attempted solution:
Pinnacle has a directshow "File source" filter that is capable of serving the file to me while its growing.
If I use graphEdit to string together filters I can play the growing file in GraphEdit with no problems.

My AviSynth script:
DirectShowSource("D:\work_KF\Supersport_pinnacle\Pinnacle Project\LowRes\PinnacleFilterGraphNoRender.GRF",fps=25,seek=false)

Since AviSynth can serve .grf files the solution seems clear. Again no problem with completed files.
But when I try to serve a file using the Pinnacle File Source I get the following error:

"""
DirectShowSource: Could not open as video or audio.

Video returned: "DirectShowSource: Unable to determine the duration of the video."

Audio returned:"DirectShowSource: The Filter Graph Manager won't talk to me."
("D:\incoming\test2.avs")
"""

This seems rather obvious as the avi file has no index table at the end while growing and the duration is not known.
I HAVE to use the Pinnacle file source filter.
Is it possible to play this file in AviSynth?
If so, will AviSynth be able to mux the files without knowing their duration?
If not, I need to get the files into Media Player Classic muxed using my own Filter Graph. Is this possible?

A note:
I saw that when I use source filters in GraphEdit that most have an "output" next to the output pin of the source filter, but the Pinnacle source filter has a "Stream 1".

Zoom Player can play the complete (including render filter) .grf file for video. I have not attempted muxing yet.

Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
imaginaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2005, 14:13   #2  |  Link
imaginaire

Just some further info:
Using Zoom Players filter utility this is what the final filter just before the rendering filter looks like:

MPEG Video Decoder

Class ID : {FEB50740-7BEF-11CE-9BD9-0000E202599C}
Library : C:\WINNT\system32\quartz.dll
Input Pins
Input
Connected to : Pin "XForm Out" on Filter "AVI_PASS"
Major Type: Video - Sub Type: MPEG1Payload Format: MPEGVideo RGB 320X240, 0 bits

Output Pins
Output
Connected to : Pin "Input" on Filter "Video Renderer"
Major Type: Video - Sub Type: RGB24 Format: VideoInfo RGB 320X240, 24 bits

This is where AviSynth should plug in and dies.
I was wondering if something could be wrong with the output video format?
imaginaire is offline   Reply With Quote