Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 21st February 2007, 14:32   #541  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

qwerpoi,
thanks for update.
Some time ago I think about adding to Avisynth 2.6 some new syntax rules, in particular comment blocks.
Old 21st February 2007, 14:32   #542  |  Link
Henrikx

Update German Translation 1.3.6
Old 21st February 2007, 15:08   #543  |  Link
Alain2

Thanks for the new version qwerpoi! French translation updated
The enhanced video editing capabilities sound very nice! And the new way of saving all AvsP markers as comments in the script is really a simple yet very good idea!

About the color syntaxing bugs I mentionned, I still have some apparently.. I tried the fix you mentionned for the filters.dat, but didn't seem to work (?) as the file was not overwritten ; I made a mod in my filters definition so that the file gets overwritten. I don't think there is a problem with words recognition anymore. But for the color syntax behaviour itself I still have the same strange problem:
- Initial condition:
Default: font = standard, black
Internal function: font = bold, orange
- Start AvsP -> as defined above
- Change Default from standard to bold -> ok
- Change Default from bold to standard -> stay bold
- Reload AvsP -> ok (now standard, as per the initial condition)
- Change Internal function to standard -> ok (!)
- Change Internal function to bold -> ok
- Change Internal function to standard (again) -> ok
- Change Default to bold -> ok for Default, but Internal function is now bold as well!

This above shows you that there is some dependencies between the items in font and colors..

Also, for the Advance->Brace Highlight for instance, if I want to change the font size to say 20 instead of the default (10), it stays at 10, even if I reload AvsP
Alain2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 16:55   #544  |  Link
doxville

OMFG
This is getting so much cooler than ever expected! Thanx for all the work on AvsP, the trim-editor is really great!
doxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2007, 00:02   #545  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumi View Post
Omg... amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathTheSheep View Post
Holy...wow. This is one of the coolest video editing tools I've every used, period. Thanks so much for your hard work! It's already chugging along (or should I say flying along?) quite nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
qwerpoi... you totally rule, dude!
Seriously, I can't imagine my work on scripts without AvsP

[edit]
I just tried trim editor and I must say this... It's perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBangeR77 View Post
Holy... Sheep!
I can only second that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxville View Post
OMFG
This is getting so much cooler than ever expected! Thanx for all the work on AvsP, the trim-editor is really great!
Wow, that's a lot of positive feedback! I'm glad you guys like it. I put a lot of thought into the trim selection editor, particularly in how to make it easy to learn and use. Also, in order to implement the multiple selections and clickable bookmarks, I had to write my own slider class from scratch (anyone who does GUI programming hopefully knows how painful that is), so I'm glad that my hard work paid off (and that there aren't any major bugs so far ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick View Post
qwerpoi,
thanks for update.
Some time ago I think about adding to Avisynth 2.6 some new syntax rules, in particular comment blocks.
Not sure how much my opinion counts, but I don't think comment blocks are necessary. I'm biased, since I do most of my programming in Python, which also has no block comments. I find that so long as the IDE or text editor has a way to comment multiple lines (like SciTe for Python or AvsP for Avisynth ), then the extra syntax is unnecessary. Again, that's just my opinion, I'm sure c/c++ programmers would feel different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrikx View Post
Update German Translation 1.3.6
Thanks for the speedy translation update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain2 View Post
Thanks for the new version qwerpoi! French translation updated
The enhanced video editing capabilities sound very nice! And the new way of saving all AvsP markers as comments in the script is really a simple yet very good idea!
Thanks for the translation update! And I can't take full credit for the idea of saving AvsP markers, my brother came up with the basic idea, the implementation turned out to be quite graceful. Should make working with user sliders a lot easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain2 View Post
About the color syntaxing bugs I mentionned, I still have some apparently.. I tried the fix you mentionned for the filters.dat, but didn't seem to work (?) as the file was not overwritten ; I made a mod in my filters definition so that the file gets overwritten. I don't think there is a problem with words recognition anymore. But for the color syntax behaviour itself I still have the same strange problem:
- Initial condition:
Default: font = standard, black
Internal function: font = bold, orange
- Start AvsP -> as defined above
- Change Default from standard to bold -> ok
- Change Default from bold to standard -> stay bold
- Reload AvsP -> ok (now standard, as per the initial condition)
- Change Internal function to standard -> ok (!)
- Change Internal function to bold -> ok
- Change Internal function to standard (again) -> ok
- Change Default to bold -> ok for Default, but Internal function is now bold as well!

This above shows you that there is some dependencies between the items in font and colors..

Also, for the Advance->Brace Highlight for instance, if I want to change the font size to say 20 instead of the default (10), it stays at 10, even if I reload AvsP
I took a look over the code, and I'm finally beginning to understand what's really going on internally. To make a long story short, the making the default style bold should not make every other style bold, the fact that it currently does is a glitch (a bit of unclear programming on my part). The default style should only color the text that doesn't belong to any other category, it should not override any other styles at all. I'll have everything ironed out by the next release, sorry about the frustration.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2007, 01:35   #546  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

The funny thing is, I was going to ask for a vdub-style slider, and all th sudden here it is! Wow, telepathic feature requests do work. In all seriouness, excellent update, it's amazing how much work got put into it.

Is it possible to have a switch to release avisynth? That would help for some very memory-intensive scripts, at which point I could hopefully go back to working after an allocation failure without having to recycle avsp. (Or just to leave it for something else for a while.) Should I just modify the source myself for such a thing?
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2007, 03:24   #547  |  Link
qwerpoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
The funny thing is, I was going to ask for a vdub-style slider, and all th sudden here it is! Wow, telepathic feature requests do work. In all seriouness, excellent update, it's amazing how much work got put into it.
Yes, I am indeed telepathic. All future requests must be submitted telepathically (although I suppose posting here is an acceptable alternative ).

Quote:
Is it possible to have a switch to release avisynth? That would help for some very memory-intensive scripts, at which point I could hopefully go back to working after an allocation failure without having to recycle avsp. (Or just to leave it for something else for a while.) Should I just modify the source myself for such a thing?
It should be doable, I could add the feature to the "Video" menu ("Release all videos from memory" or something like that). I'm guessing what would be more handy is if the video was handled in a separate thread, something you mentioned in an earlier post. I don't have much experience with threading processes, but I'll give it some looking over as well.
qwerpoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 00:34   #548  |  Link
Dreassica

I saw a manual telecide option in menu, but it doesn't seem to work? It's supposed to not work or just a menu item left in by accident?
Dreassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 03:24   #549  |  Link
Veiga

qwerpoi, thanks for this new version

new tranlation update
Attached Files
File Type: zip Portugues_BR_v1.3.6__translation.zip (12.2 KB, 38 views)
Veiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2007, 04:35   #550  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreassica View Post
I saw a manual telecide option in menu, but it doesn't seem to work? It's supposed to not work or just a menu item left in by accident?
Open AsvP\macros\[3] Manual Telecide.py in a text editor, the top of the file explains what it does and how it works. (Similar to YATTA.)
Old 23rd February 2007, 10:46   #551  |  Link
Dreassica

I know that, but i get a "unknown mode"error when i select it in Macros menu.
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:06   #552  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

It's probably because you already have something open. You have to start from a completely clean slate, closing all files and having only a single empty tab open. It's a proof-of-concept thing, I guess, so it's not very robust.
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:28   #553  |  Link
Dreassica

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick. Only issue i have now is that its seems to have stretched the progress/slider bar vertically with teh 4 scripts open, so i can barely see any video preview, and no way to set it back to normal manually.
Old 23rd February 2007, 15:22   #554  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Feature Request: Support for *.dga files.

@qwerpoi, DG has released DGAVCDEC to enable AVC/H.264 indexing & decoding. Can AvsP be updated to load *.dga files as AVCSource(..) instead of DirectShowSource(..)?
Old 23rd February 2007, 15:53   #555  |  Link
krisq

Quote:
Originally Posted by unskinnyboy View Post
Feature Request: Support for *.dga files.

@qwerpoi, DG has released DGAVCDEC to enable AVC/H.264 indexing & decoding. Can AvsP be updated to load *.dga files as AVCSource(..) instead of DirectShowSource(..)?
You can already add it yourself. Look at 'Options/Extension templates...'
Old 23rd February 2007, 16:20   #556  |  Link
Dreassica

One usefull feature that would be nice to have is deletframe copyframe and freezeframe commands attached to a keystroke: ie. if u press d that it will delete the frame the slider is set on at that time and c to make a duplicate of the current frame.
Just don't have a clue if that's even feasible.
Old 23rd February 2007, 16:24   #557  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
You can already add it yourself. Look at 'Options/Extension templates...'
Perfect, works fine. Maybe in the next release, this can be added as default.
Old 23rd February 2007, 16:57   #558  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreassica View Post
One usefull feature that would be nice to have is deletframe copyframe and freezeframe commands attached to a keystroke: ie. if u press d that it will delete the frame the slider is set on at that time and c to make a duplicate of the current frame.
Just don't have a clue if that's even feasible.
This is possible with a few macros, hmm....

avsp.InsertText('DeleteFrame(' + avsp.GetFrameNumber() + ')')

Save as '[9] DeleteFrame.py' or so, restart AvsP and use Configure Shortcuts to assign it to whatever you like. A function key will probably be easiest. Repeat with the other variations.
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:31   #559  |  Link
Dreassica

Quote:
This is possible with a few macros, hmm....

avsp.InsertText('DeleteFrame(' + avsp.GetFrameNumber() + ')')

Save as '[9] DeleteFrame.py' or so, restart AvsP and use Configure Shortcuts to assign it to whatever you like. A function key will probably be easiest. Repeat with the other variations.

Tried it, get an error when I try the keycombo I set the macro to:
"Error in Macro: Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects"
Old 23rd February 2007, 17:52   #560  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

I was close, just forgot that it isn't that close to javascript. Try this, which I actually tested this time:

avsp.InsertText('\nDeleteFrame(%i)' % avsp.GetFrameNumber())