Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th November 2011, 00:52   #11081  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

so I'm playing around w/ the queue settings:
-on non-CUVID stuff, mVR reports higher GPU RAM usage(216MB) than GPU-Z(158MB)
-on CUVID, it's the other way around...209MB in mVR, 269 in GPU-Z

I've got a 384MB 8800GS G92, so who should I trust?

Is there any point in filling the GPU RAM with cache? I guess not?

And is there any point in maxing out the CPU queue size? any ill effect such as increased CPU load? I've got it maxed out atm, and seeking seems snappier...maybe my imagination, though

Last edited by leeperry; 24th November 2011 at 00:57.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 16:31   #11082  |  Link
dansrfe

Yeah I really don't understand the gpu usage vs how much madVR states is actually there. And the automatic queue sizes just don't add up either.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 18:23   #11083  |  Link
sexus

so i just noticed after wanting to start a dvd movie aka .ifo that i get a macrovision fail in mpchc , anybody know what to do? ive been told this is well known with madvr by ranpha
sexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 20:17   #11084  |  Link
PhrostByte
Grand Fruitioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Is that a new problem with the latest madVR version? And madVR does not recover after a couple of seconds?
Don't know if it's new. madVR recovers when switching between multiple desktops, but not when enabling/disabling desktops. The whole screen flickers when you do this, so I assume dwm.exe or perhaps the video driver is being restarted. Resuming from sleep causes the same issue.
Old 24th November 2011, 21:16   #11085  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexus View Post
so i just noticed after wanting to start a dvd movie aka .ifo that i get a macrovision fail in mpchc , anybody know what to do? ive been told this is well known with madvr by ranpha
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=159492

or

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=153191&page=7

The first thread is Microsoft's Navigator...from Windows XP. The second link is a directshow wrapper to the open source libdvdnav navigation filter bwing developed by cb2000. It's not perfect but I find that it works better in some ways as compared to the Windows XP navigation filter...however it is less stable than Windows XP's filter.
Old 24th November 2011, 21:18   #11086  |  Link
dansrfe

Also madshi I think I brought this up earlier but switching from exclusive mode on one screen to exclusive mode on the other screen freezes the current frame and the other monitor does not go to exclusive mode for a long time.
Old 25th November 2011, 05:15   #11087  |  Link
sexus

thanks dansrfe so i downloaded the test.zip and put it into my madvr folder thou im not sure if thats the right folder since i havent noticed any difference still macrovsion fail -.-' , but tbh i really hope madshi integrates some type of fix for madvr that we wont get this macrovision fail anymore -.-'

Last edited by sexus; 25th November 2011 at 05:25.
Old 25th November 2011, 05:44   #11088  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
thanks dansrfe so i downloaded the test.zip and put it into my madvr folder thou im not sure if thats the right folder since i havent noticed any difference still macrovsion fail -.-' , but tbh i really hope madshi integrates some type of fix for madvr that we wont get this macrovision fail anymore -.-'
extract test.zip anywhere (doesn't have to be madVR folder) to a folder and then go into the win32 folder and run DVDNavigatorPathHack.exe then point it to dslibdvdnav.ax and then click "Hack" and close it. Now try the dvd.
Old 25th November 2011, 06:17   #11089  |  Link
sexus

thats all dandy but how bout a download link to the hack tool ? xD
Old 25th November 2011, 07:05   #11090  |  Link

You don't need any of that for DVD playback. Just use ffdshow for video decoding, and in its configuration, enable the "DVD Decoding" option for MPEG2 in the codecs section.

Some other filters may cause macrovision errors too, so you may have to selectively disable them until it works.
My filter list is LAV Filters, ffdshow video decoder (only applies to DVDs) and ffdshow audio processor. (downmixes audio for headphones)
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 07:38   #11091  |  Link
sexus

well but then my dvds display lesser quality then with madvr -.-' , so wheres the hack tool please

my list looks like this http://imouto.my/watching-h264-video...#comment-14414

after this faq ive setup my external filter list for the best of the best in quality
Old 25th November 2011, 12:49   #11092  |  Link

Quote:
well but then my dvds display lesser quality then with madvr
You're still using madVR as the renderer, ffdshow just does the MPEG2 decoding.

Many of the things listed in that guide are either redundant, or detrimental.

All 4:2:2, 4:4:4, and in most cases, all RGB formats should be disabled in ffdshow/LAV Video decoder's output options. (madVR needs the raw 4:2:0 data to work best)

Just make sure that ffdshow is lower priority than LAV Video decoder, it should only be loaded with DVDs.
Old 25th November 2011, 13:14   #11093  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
All 4:2:2, 4:4:4, and in most cases, all RGB formats should be disabled in ffdshow/LAV Video decoder's output options. (madVR needs the raw 4:2:0 data to work best)
I would recommend to not disable anything in LAV Video, it will always pick the best format for the file you're playing.

I should probably finish dvd playback, so we can remove ffdshow video from the equation.
Old 25th November 2011, 14:25   #11094  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I would recommend to not disable anything in LAV Video, it will always pick the best format for the file you're playing.
I should have known that LAV Video would be smart enough to choose the correct format rather than try upsamping videos.

Quote:
I should probably finish dvd playback, so we can remove ffdshow video from the equation.
Can't wait!
Old 25th November 2011, 15:24   #11095  |  Link
sexus

Quote:

then i guess i should wait?

p.s: thanks for the suggestions 6233638 but nevcairiel seems to have abit of experience id say and as said i used that guide to setup my external list and everything else too, since ranpha seems to be kinda pro too hmmm...

Last edited by sexus; 25th November 2011 at 15:26.
Old 25th November 2011, 15:27   #11096  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:

p.s: thanks for the suggestions 6233638 but nevcairiel seems to have abit of experience id say and as said i used that guide to setup my external list and everything else too, since ranpha seems to be kinda pro too hmmm...
'nevcairiel seems to have abit of experience'? LOL, I'd say he has. He's LAVfilters' developer
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 15:57   #11097  |  Link
sexus

exactly!!! xD
Old 25th November 2011, 17:19   #11098  |  Link
mindbomb

im wondering if anyone else has this:

I don't have a seekbar with madvr .79

I have it enabled in the options too.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 17:53   #11099  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
im wondering if anyone else has this:

I don't have a seekbar with madvr .79

I have it enabled in the options too.
Have you installed JRiver Media Center recently? When I installed it (and then removed it) I no longer had any OSD with madVR.

Try running uninstall.bat, and then install.bat in your madVR folder and see if that helps. Not sure if I also reset all settings. Fixed it for me.

Quote:

Suit yourself, but DVDs work just fine in madVR using this method without resorting to replacing system files.
Old 26th November 2011, 00:19   #11100  |  Link
sexus

yeah but if the lav author sez he is gona integrate support natively then id say wait for that since i can imagine better quality/performance coming from that and less filter clutter

Last edited by sexus; 26th November 2011 at 00:23.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling