Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 22nd August 2006, 02:59   #1061  |  Link
Flexy

i have a very silly question encoding with megui.

Everytime when i load/want to encode a Video (XVid etc.) and then want to encode it asks me for the AUDIO input....but i dont HAVE one since the Audio (duh!) is included in the avi already.

Or do i have to demux manually and then import the audio ?
Why ? (Doesnt megui do that automatically somehow ?)

staxrip does that with vdubmod....but then staxrip seems to have a problem with encoding into AAC.

It just wont into my brain why megui wants some external audio file for default.

Edit: Also.."one click encoder":

i figured this would make things easier....but when i click on "input file" it comes up with "all supported dgindex files"
and i can NOT load any .avi there just vob and mpgs. (Not to mention i dont even know what dgindex is/does).

Last edited by Flexy; 22nd August 2006 at 03:06.
Old 22nd August 2006, 03:36   #1062  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

create an .avs for audio too and feed it to megui audio input.
Old 22nd August 2006, 04:01   #1063  |  Link
timekills

If you used the auto avs builder, it probably added an "Audio=False" comment into one of the first few lines. If you remove that, youc an use the same .avs for video and audio encoding.

Remember to test-play the .avs file prior to encoding to ensure you can hear the audio!
Old 22nd August 2006, 09:30   #1064  |  Link
WorBry

Convolution3D-YV12 in MEGUI

I've just started experimenting with MEGUI and note that Convolution3D-YV12 is included as one of the 'core filters'.

For many moons Convolution3D (the original YUY2 supported version) was my 'staple' denoiser for DV sources and I was very satisfied with the results (old, old old...I can hear some of you cry). When I changed to YV12 processing, I naturally adopted the YV12 supported version of Convolution3D, until it was pointed out to me by Boulder that the temporal influence parameter was never fully implemented, and is effectively disabled in this version (last revision v1.0.0.5)

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...5&postcount=22

This revelation prompted an exhaustive quest for a suitable alternative and after much testing, I finally settled on HQDN3D, although I've never quite been able to achieve the precision of Convolution3D.

I'm wondering if those developing and using MEGUI are aware of this deficiency in the Convolution3D-YV12 filter, unless, of course, someone has since fixed it?

Last edited by WorBry; 22nd August 2006 at 09:35.
Old 28th August 2006, 11:25   #1065  |  Link
AjnabiZ

anything new ?
Old 28th August 2006, 12:33   #1066  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

not yet. the refactor is still not complete.
Old 31st August 2006, 03:41   #1067  |  Link
agressiv
Registered Loser

Any way of getting the D2V Creator screen to accept multiple input files? I have tons of DVD's I've ripped to my hard drive already that have 1GB vob files, so most of my rips have 4-6 files.

Because of this, the D2V creator in MeGUI won't work for me, and I have to launch DGIndex manually do create the d2v index. (Its menu allows selecting multiple VOBs)

Yes, I know the Wiki says to use DVD Decrypter and have a single VOB file, but, well, I didn't do that.

Any change of allowing that one screen allow multiple VOBs, or be able to extrapolate what VOBs are needed by clicking on the IFO (similar to AutoGK) ?

If so ...
<Lumburgh> that would be greeeeaaat...</Lumburgh>

agressiv

Last edited by agressiv; 31st August 2006 at 03:45.
Old 31st August 2006, 08:08   #1068  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

oh my.. have you considered just giving it at shot? the commandline interface of dgindex, and thus megui, works in a fashion that requires you to only indicate the first vob file in a series. You didn't seriously think we'd left the d2v creator that broken for more than a year (I added it back in mid 2005), did you?
Select your VTS_xy_1.VOB and VTS_xy_2.VOB, VTS_xy_3.VOB, etc will be picked up automatically. If the wiki suggests to rip to a single VOB file, that's just not necessary.. while I have nothing but contempt for FAT32 (where you can't joing everything due to the 4GB limit), having separate VOB files has not been a problem ever since I first started learning about ripping DVDs (summer '99).
Old 31st August 2006, 12:30   #1069  |  Link
frodeste

Quote:
Originally Posted by agressiv
Any way of getting the D2V Creator screen to accept multiple input files? I have tons of DVD's I've ripped to my hard drive already that have 1GB vob files, so most of my rips have 4-6 files.

Because of this, the D2V creator in MeGUI won't work for me, and I have to launch DGIndex manually do create the d2v index. (Its menu allows selecting multiple VOBs)

Yes, I know the Wiki says to use DVD Decrypter and have a single VOB file, but, well, I didn't do that.

Any change of allowing that one screen allow multiple VOBs, or be able to extrapolate what VOBs are needed by clicking on the IFO (similar to AutoGK) ?

If so ...
<Lumburgh> that would be greeeeaaat...</Lumburgh>

agressiv

This is done by opening the first vob file when running the d2v, and has been disscussed many times before.

Edit: Look here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114330

--
http://www.stenstrom.no

Last edited by frodeste; 31st August 2006 at 12:34.
Old 5th September 2006, 14:50   #1070  |  Link
loretta80

Hi,
i made a d2v file of a 1088i Transport Stream mpeg2 with dgindex 1.4.8 without the cli because i wanted to crop the 8 lines directly with dgindex. Now megui tells me when i wanted to open the file the dgdecode.dll is not the same version as dgindex. but it is in the same directory and is of course the same version (update feature says the same). Tried to use the cli version, with the same effort. Avisynth is 2.56a. Is here something incampatible or can i fix it by hand?
thanx for this very useful tool
Old 5th September 2006, 14:53   #1071  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

if it says it's a different version then it's a different version.
try removing megui and reinstalling it from scratch (redo all the updates) and ensure you didnt use a beta version of dgindex 1.4.8.
Old 5th September 2006, 14:59   #1072  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

I'm adding all the common questions I can think of here: http://mewiki.project357.com/MeGUI_FAQ
Feel free to rattle off lists of common questions that have somehow eluded my memory
Old 6th September 2006, 07:21   #1073  |  Link
loretta80

hi,
now i reinstalled everything. i took avisynth2.55 instead of 2.56a and now i got this fatal error when i want to open the d2v file made with dgindex 1.4.8 (non beta):
Unable to cast object of type 'AvsVideoReader to type 'MeGui.d2vfile'.Source of exception: megui stacktrace at megui.avisynthwindow.openvideo etc.
What did i wrong???
Old 6th September 2006, 13:01   #1074  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

Re-create the d2v using the MeGUI d2v creator and see if it works.
Old 6th September 2006, 14:09   #1075  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

was just curious if MeGUI was going to support the Fraunhofer IIS mp3surround CLI http://www.all4mp3.com/tools/sw_fhg_cl.html looks like to same type of license as nero aac encoder

sorry if this is the wrong thread

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
Old 6th September 2006, 14:19   #1076  |  Link
check
phjbdpcrjlj2sb3h

we already have one barely used 5.1 audio codec - audX. is another really needed? :P
Old 6th September 2006, 17:45   #1077  |  Link
cc979
Curious BetaTester

Quote:
Originally Posted by check
we already have one barely used 5.1 audio codec - audX. is another really needed? :P
some might want it, if it works with divx standalone player

Tools: ProcessExplorer & ProcessMonitor - BatchCompressor

Guide: MinGW Compiling GCC
Old 6th September 2006, 18:11   #1078  |  Link
loretta80

@sharktooth
that was the first thing i have done after reinstalling everything. I get the same error message with d2v files created by dgindex gui and cli version.
Old 6th September 2006, 18:26   #1079  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

you get that error because the dgindex version in your avisynth plugin folder (usually c:\program files\avisynth 2.5\plugins) doesn't match the dgindex version you're using.. that's all there is to be said about that... megui's "installer" really is just a smart file copier.
Or, your avisynth script references another dgdecode.dll file that doesn't match the dgdecode.dll that comes with your dgindex version.
Old 7th September 2006, 14:45   #1080  |  Link
loretta80

oh, now i realized that i'm able to open the d2v file but if i try to use the preview the error message says :
Unable to cast object of type 'AvsVideoReader to type 'MeGui.d2vfile'.Source of exception: megui stacktrace at megui.avisynthwindow.openvideo etc.
so i can do most things blindly
Closed Thread