Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 3rd August 2010, 10:20   #12201  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Are you using libmpeg2 or libavcodec in ffdshow?
Whichever you are using, try the other one.
Hi.
Already tryed - no diference.

EDIT
I think if there is problem in FFDshow it is in output not in decoder...

How to start with Bitcoin

Last edited by hoborg; 3rd August 2010 at 11:29.
hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:45   #12202  |  Link
littleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoborg View Post
Hi.
Already tryed - no diference.

EDIT
I think if there is problem in FFDshow it is in output not in decoder...
Does video is deinterlaced using Cyberlink? If so, ffdshow could use gpu too. Try specific colorspace along with "set interlace flag in output media type".
littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:55   #12203  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Does video is deinterlaced using Cyberlink? If so, ffdshow could use gpu too. Try specific colorspace along with "set interlace flag in output media type".
Yes, Cyberlink deinterlace always, but very badly (blury) if DXVA is off - like on second picture:

Both Cyberlink and FFDshow using YUY2 output. YUY2 needs to be used, becouse picture is not deinterlaced at all if other colospaces are in use, NV12 is not supported by Intel GPU i have here (Graphstudio will crash).

Old 3rd August 2010, 12:01   #12204  |  Link
littleD

Then drivers may be the cause. Does your chipset support VA deinterlacing at all? Try dxvachecker and show processor device tab.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:09   #12205  |  Link
hoborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Then drivers may be the cause. Does your chipset support VA deinterlacing at all? Try dxvachecker and show processor device tab.

I investigate the source of droped frames becouse acording some info i have, nvidia 9400 have similar problem - droped frames when playback FullHD MPEG-2 recordings/LiveTV.

There is no such problems on ATI 4550, 5450 or 5770.

Old 3rd August 2010, 12:17   #12206  |  Link
littleD

You see now. Crappy intel cant any advanced deinterlacing for 1080. Some pixeladaptive, but only for DVD's. Not VA at all. Still have some hidden info under yuy2, but i wouldnt have any hope.
Ati 4550 is just enough For HDTV. I would recommend that card. 9400 has too low memory bandwidth for Full HD deinterlacing. You need at least 10 GB/s.

Edit. Hmm actually pixel adaptive may refer to vector adaptive, but if at all, its only for dvd resolution anyway.

Last edited by littleD; 3rd August 2010 at 14:14.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:10   #12207  |  Link
Porsche_fan

Is there a current known issue with ffdshow resize crashing in Windows 7 x64? I tried my best to search the thread but there doesn’t seem to be a report of such.

I recently bought a HP with Windows 7 x64, i7 860 processor and nVidia 315 graphics card. I am using it as a HTPC connected to a plasma TV through a 1.4 compliant HDMI cable.

I have a 3 week trial period which ends today and during the last 3 weeks I have been struggling trying to resolve an infrequently occurring playback issue where the computer suddenly will display a black screen and stop responding.

It usually happens when I take some kind of action like display the time remaining on the autohide control bar but will often happen without anything being touched. Because it is so sporadic, it is hard to narrow down but I believe it may be related to the ffdshow resize filter.

I am using 32 bit MPC-HC in EVR-Custom with the following filters…Resize->Sharpen->Noise. I am also outputting RGB32 although I see the same error with YV12.

I have tried every combination I can think of including different renderers EVR, EVR-C and madVR. I have also tried a variety of ffdshow versions, including some rather old to the latest in both generic and icl10. It occurs both when ffdshow is decoding and in raw video only. Additionally, I have tried the 64 bit versions of MPC-HC and ffdshow.

Also tried installing nVidia’s drivers off their site but it failed to recognize the card. Finally, I have disabled all startup programs other than Windows services to rule out conflicts with other programs.

I’ve basically exhausted every option I can think of and as mentioned need to decide today if I want to return it. So any information or suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
Porsche_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:38   #12208  |  Link
ranpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche_fan View Post
Is there a current known issue with ffdshow resize crashing in Windows 7 x64? I tried my best to search the thread but there doesn’t seem to be a report of such.
Start MPC-HC in Windows XP SP2 (not SP3) compatibility mode and see if your crashing problems can be reduced or not.
ranpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 05:19   #12209  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

I guess there really isn't any solution to the automatic profile problem when using 5.1 AC3 files tagged as stereo? It never loads the 5.1 profile, duh.

here's a sample: http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...ostcount=11208

I could also use AC3Filter, but the "number of channel" condition doesn't work w/ it(duh again): http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...41&atid=867360

ah well, I can always force it manually...it's just annoying.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 20:32   #12210  |  Link
Octo-puss

What do I do to make subtitles muxed into a .mkv show up? I started experimenting with madVR renderer which doesn's support subtitles yet. Using MPC-HC as a player. Thanks for tips.
(in video decoder settings, checking subtitles didn't do anything)
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 10:13   #12211  |  Link
fastplayer

@Stargazer

Regarding rev 3523:
Can you make the audio codec names for the tool tip uppercase?
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 12:34   #12212  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastplayer View Post
@Stargazer

Regarding rev 3523:
Can you make the audio codec names for the tool tip uppercase?
What tooltip?
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 13:04   #12213  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
What tooltip?
Then one you see when you move the mouse over the ffdshow audio tray icon. In rev 3523 you've made changes to the appearance of it, didn't you?

Last edited by fastplayer; 5th August 2010 at 13:06. Reason: Typo.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:25   #12214  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

talking about UI, I'd like to do bicubic 0.0 chroma resizing...but it simply isn't possible atm:

if I set "resizeBicubicChromaParam" to "0", it falls back to default...is the default "0.0"?

and when I suggested to add AR presets to Haruhiko, I should have said 2.39 instead of 2.40 for unmolested cinemascope movies. It would also be nice if it were possible to maybe keep the right mouse button pushed when setting a custom AR to make it much slower and being able to reach ANY figure, w/o resorting to typing them in.

Last edited by leeperry; 5th August 2010 at 13:39.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:38   #12215  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Then one you see when you move the mouse over the ffdshow audio tray icon. In rev 3523 you've made changes to the appearance of it, didn't you?
When you see it lowercase, are you using liba52 or libdts? If that's the case don't worry, I forgot about them. Will change them in my next commit.

And yup, but that string appears in the Info&CPU tab and in the context menu of ffdshow audio, plus I don't use the tray icon, so I wasn't sure about what you meant with tooltip

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
if I set "resizeBicubicChromaParam" to "0", it falls back to default...is the default "0.0"?
Yup, so if you want to use 0.0 just set default.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 5th August 2010 at 13:58.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:48   #12216  |  Link
fastplayer

Quote:
When you see it lowercase, are you using liba52 or libdts? If that's the case don't worry, I forgot about them. Will change them in my next commit.

And yup, but that string appears in the Info&CPU tab and in the context menu of ffdshow audio, plus I don't use the tray icon, so I wasn't sure about what you meant with tooltip
Exactly. For example, for 5.1 AC-3 audio the tooltip looks like this:
Input: ac3, 5.1, 48000 Hz, 448 kbps (liba52)
Same applies to "dts".

Old 5th August 2010, 14:58   #12217  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Quote:
Exactly. For example, for 5.1 AC-3 audio the tooltip looks like this:
Input: ac3, 5.1, 48000 Hz, 448 kbps (liba52)
Same applies to "dts".

Done
Old 6th August 2010, 03:36   #12218  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Yup, so if you want to use 0.0 just set default.
ok, thanks for the confirmation. BTW, I've kinda gotten used to the audio infos(don't have much choice anyway, as you guys refuse to allow disabling it ):

It comes in handy as my current skin doesn't tell the audio format....but as mark0077 said, why does it also show up in ffdshow video?
I understand it seems to be a ditto of the HMS infos:

but what's the point to tell about audio streams in ffdshow video?

and sometimes it's pretty pointless:

it also doesn't show up on AVI I think.

Last edited by leeperry; 6th August 2010 at 13:15.
Old 6th August 2010, 08:16   #12219  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

ffdshow video seems to forward the IAMStreamSelect interface thats being provided by the splitter, except it hides the video streams. Why it does that, i don't know. Having it on the splitter seems good enough for me. Maybe one of the ffdshow devs can provide the reasoning for this?
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 11:42   #12220  |  Link
STaRGaZeR

Do not bring the same thing over and over again. albain was very clear about this, read his posts. And a very important step, understand them.

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl