Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 27th August 2007, 21:02   #501  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Can anybody with SVN access please upload a little patch for me? I've done the changes to Casimir's SVN, but I don't know SVN well enough to "upload" something.

http://madshi.net/dtsac3source.zip

Contained is a new version of DTSAC3Source.cpp (together with a new compiled dtsac3source.ax). There are 3 changes in the source code:

(1) m_AvgTimePerFrame calculation was incorrect for AC3.
(2) m_AvgTimePerFrame calculation was incorrect for DTS.
(3) Fix for problems with audio sync with Blu-Ray/HD DVD DTS files.

The problem with (3) is this: Usually 1536kbit/s DTS tracks have 2013 bytes per frame. But DTS tracks taken from HD DVD and Blu-Ray strangely only have 2012 bytes per frame. DTSAC3Source handled this mathematically correctly. But audio sync slowly drifted away from the video. We have to mathematically handle the 2012 frames as if they were 2013 bytes long to keep audio sync while seeking.
I would like to include this patch in my patched MPC build. I have looked at the code changes (compared to guliverkli SVN). Are you sure your patch doesn't break parsing of regular AC3/DTS stuff? Because framesize and bytesperframe values are much bigger now (multiplied by magic numbers).
Old 27th August 2007, 21:15   #502  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I would like to include this patch in my patched MPC build. I have looked at the code changes (compared to guliverkli SVN). Are you sure your patch doesn't break parsing of regular AC3/DTS stuff? Because framesize and bytesperframe values are much bigger now (multiplied by magic numbers).
Some of the changes you're talking about were originally done by orbitlee. The main change I've done is just a special handling for 2012 bytes DTS frames. I'm not sure where the "magic" multipliers are coming from. Maybe we should contact orbitlee and ask him about that. From the source code comments it seems that he did that to satisfy the Sonic audio decoder. Personally, I'm not sure if I like such strange multiplicators just to satisfy one decoder (which isn't even a good one). But I'm a bit afraid to change anything because right now the filter works just perfect for me. I've tested it with AC3, E-AC3, normal DTS files and DTS core streams extracted from DTS-HD.

P.S: Maybe you could try just taking over the 2012 special handling and the E-AC3 parsing and then check if everything works for you. Doing it that way shouldn't break regular stuff.
Old 29th August 2007, 11:35   #503  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

I've one little feature wish:

If I load an external audio file (e.g. with the "/dub" command line parameter) and if the external audio file name has "DELAY 100ms" or "DELAY -50ms" or something like that in the name, it would be great if the MPC audio switcher could automatically activate this delay taken from the file name of the external audio file.

Why is this important? Because delaycut doesn't work for E-AC3, TrueHD and DTS-HD tracks. Currently it's not easily possible to modify such tracks to realize a specific delay. Because of that it's important that there's a way to tell MPC to automatically realize a specific audio delay for a specific audio track.

Thanks!
Old 8th September 2007, 14:05   #504  |  Link
Ger

Found a problem with "Remember file position" and some live WM radio streams.

If "Remember file position" is checked, the second time I try to start this live stream it doesn't play.
Old 9th September 2007, 20:51   #505  |  Link
Setsunaaa

One suggestion..

Thx for your mpc version Casimir666, I made the switch just a month ago from the original latest gabest version, and I like it a lot.

A thing I once had: I always use the "save to .ini, keep registry clean", + remembering file positions (very nice option).
But the .ini got somewhat mixed up, wrong key binding, wild behaviour at using normal keys. Even when I corrected the bindings it did not work, I restored it from my backup, and was yet unable to reproduce the problem.

One feature request: If I have mutiple files in the playlist, all of the same format (i.e. one Anime series), I have to change the subtitle and language every time the next video gets played, it also resets the zoom I set to 100% (except when fullscreen).
So if the video size of the next file is the same it should keep the set zoom. And if the video file that comes next has the same audio-channels and subtitles and video size it should take the selected subtitle / audio channel and zoom over to the next in the playlist.

Second request: could the number "file to remember the last position" be made configurable, like from 0 to 9?

Set
Old 10th September 2007, 09:22   #506  |  Link
boyumeow

@Setsunaaa
About the zooming part, maybe U can try set it to auto-fit or un-tick it. Option-->Playback=>Output
Old 14th September 2007, 20:43   #507  |  Link
Setsunaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyumeow View Post
@Setsunaaa
About the zooming part, maybe U can try set it to auto-fit or un-tick it. Option-->Playback=>Output
Dumb me, I should have found it on my own!
It does keep the size I want over videos in the playlist..

BUT: mplayer starts all videos much too small then since it starts with it's default size!
It should have an option to set the zoom to 100% at start of the player, as I usually want it for videos when I start mplayer. But it should not reset to 100% upon advancing in the playlist. So I am back at the "Auto-zoom 100%" since it is less annoying that way.

A trick I also used: click and move the window while the player advances to the next video, then it keeps the set size.

But the subtitle/audio still have to me set manually after advancing.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:20   #508  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@Setsunaaa

if you use haali splitter you can configure how the subs and audio tracks are loaded. check the splitter settings if you use it.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:31   #509  |  Link
Casimir666

New version is now available on SourceForge, with thoses changes :

v1.0.10.0 - 15.Sep 2007
======================
CHANGED: Latest Clsid Patches (Bento4 0.9.3, faad2 2.6b, dtsdec 0.0.2, libmad 0.15.1b, zlib 1.2.3, mpeg decoder: progressive frames fix, mpeg decoder: dsutil interlaced fix v2)
CHANGED: libpng 1.2.20
NEW : Command Line Option "/d3dfs" to start MPC in D3D fullscreen mode
NEW : Logitech LCD support (e.g., G15 keyboard)
CHANGED: Remember File and DVD position works only when "Keep history" is active (preserve privacy issue)
CHANGED: Kick off Screen Saver from Power Options only while video is playing (Vista)
NEW : Build for x64 platforms (beta version, see limitations on my website)
NEW : Multilanguage support: english, french and german.
CHANGED: DirectX SDK updated to August 2007 (v35)
FIXED : Wrong Aspect Ratio with EVR-Custom (definitely i hope :-)
FIXED : Internal Mpeg2 Decoder was not working with ECR and ECR-Custom
FIXED : Audio async problems with Blu-Ray/HD DVD DTS files [wrong AvgTimePerFrame calculation for DTS and AC3 (madshi)]
FIXED : OSD was not working when D3DX9_... dll was not present (random pixels shown in top of video)
FIXED : Mouse now working in DVD menu with EVR-Custom (Vista)
FIXED : FLV Splitter when video does not start with keyframe
FIXED : Vulnerability CAL-20070912-1 in AVI Source Filter (arbitrary code execute with users privileges)
FIXED : Vulnerability in FLI internal source filter

Last edited by Casimir666; 14th September 2007 at 23:38.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:46   #510  |  Link
JarrettH

what happened to your website casimir
Old 14th September 2007, 23:53   #511  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
what happened to your website casimir
Eh? It's where it always was and works fine for me - so what exactly do you mean?

np: Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto - Aurora (Insen)
Old 15th September 2007, 00:18   #512  |  Link
lolent

thx Casimir666 for this new version
Old 15th September 2007, 01:00   #513  |  Link
MatMaul

thanks !!!

bug report about the translation :
I can load a different language only if I launch MPC from is directory. If I double-click on a video it seems to do not detect the french resource.
When I use the french translation the submenu Subtitles (Soustitres) don't work at all, no problem in english.
Old 15th September 2007, 01:30   #514  |  Link
JarrettH

I get a whole page of chinese characters when I open http://tibrium.neuf.fr/
Old 15th September 2007, 02:46   #515  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

Check your browser's default character encoding.

Casimir, awesome. =D
Old 15th September 2007, 02:50   #516  |  Link
raynor

@ casimir
Thank you for fixing the privacy issue I pointed out above.
Great work

Uh, and great other fixes and additions, too (amazing to be exact)

Last edited by raynor; 15th September 2007 at 03:01.
Old 15th September 2007, 07:49   #517  |  Link
JarrettH

thanks that fixed it foxy, which should i be using though? it was set to utf-16 when i checked
Old 15th September 2007, 08:49   #518  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
I get a whole page of chinese characters when I open http://tibrium.neuf.fr/

I have added an encoding meta tag, should not be chinese anymore now...
Old 15th September 2007, 08:51   #519  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Thnx for the new version!
Old 15th September 2007, 18:38   #520  |  Link
JarrettH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post

I have added an encoding meta tag, should not be chinese anymore now...
LOL wonderful
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc