Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 2nd December 2009, 14:44   #10681  |  Link
ashlar42

Any of the developers interested in lending a hand in incorporating parts of the MPC-HC tech into XBMC? Check here:

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61355 (support thread)

and here: http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59610 (development thread)

It would be great to see the greatest front-end (IMO) with the best media playing technology (again, IMO).
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:46   #10682  |  Link
DeepBeepMeep

Has anyone else noticed that the Mplayer Classic matroska splitter demux all the audio streams/tracks at the same time and doesn't let the user choose the audio track.

For instance if one wants to play a mkv file that contains an English track and an Italian track two audio decoders will be created in the same graph. This is not only a waste in CPU but this cause as well some stutter.

Am I doing something wrong or is this really a problem with the demuxer? If it is really a bug, thanks in advance for fixing it as this splitter is the onlu splitter on the market that is capable (for the moment) to demux a TrueHD contained in a mkv file.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:41   #10683  |  Link
clsid

@DeepBeepMeep
It is not a bug, it is more of a design choice that was made many years ago. None of the internal splitters have a stream switcher (like Haali does). That is because MPC contains a separate audio stream switcher. Files with multiple video tracks were pretty much non-existent back then.

Changing this would mean a whole lot of work. So I don't see it happening anytime soon. Currently there are far more important things to improve/fix in MPC.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:47   #10684  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
I think something is wrong with the GMA500 hardware/drivers.

Please report this problem to Intel.
Given the fact that several people have reported a variety of problems with 1312 wouldn't it be a good idea to (partially) revert this revision?
Hoping Intel will fix this crash (assuming it is their fault) is just being stubborn. Certainly when we know of a solution/workaround.
Development isn't always a straight line. Sometimes you need to go back a try again.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:56   #10685  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Given the fact that several people have reported a variety of problems with 1312 wouldn't it be a good idea to (partially) revert this revision?
Hoping Intel will fix this crash (assuming it is their fault) is just being stubborn. Certainly when we know of a solution/workaround.
Development isn't always a straight line. Sometimes you need to go back a try again.
this is the first report of it every working on GMA500 (other reports i got are of it never ever working)

so that does indeed point the finger back at MPC-HC.

we are currently trying to get usefull debug logging into MPC-HC.
There is no chance this kind of stuff is going to get fixed without that.
fixing one thing breaks another.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:54   #10686  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I have a problem with the "file"->"close" function. While indeed the file is closed and I can rename/move it the folder containing the file can not be modified until I exit MPC-HC.
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:45   #10687  |  Link
BatKnight

Presentation Graphics subtitles

I've noticed that when playing a full Bluray disc using MPC's internal TS splitter the subtitles (presentation graphics, I think) aren't recognized. It shows: no subtitles.
But when using Haali Media Splitter, it shows the subtitles.

Is support for presentation graphics subtitles in the to-do list of MPC-HC, or am I missing something?

Auto-answer: I was missing something, because now it show the subtitles... Sorry for this post.

2nd EDIT: Looks like some m2ts shows with internal filter but others don't, so my first statement is right

3rd EDIT: After all, the subtitles show, but they take long seconds before they do, and I was misleaded into believe they werent' showing

Thanks
Bat
LAV Filters

Last edited by BatKnight; 4th December 2009 at 20:26. Reason: self answered; 2nd edit
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:59   #10688  |  Link
Spec-Chum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bur View Post
The Goto command (Ctrl + G) seems to be broken in the x64 builds.

When I enter any time it gives the error: Error parsing entered time!

When I just edit the preset values it works. But as soon as I have used my own numbers even once it stops working.

It won't even work for the preset values from that point on.

Goto works just fine in the 32bit builds.

My system:
Windows 7 x64
8800GT

(the bug report section on sourceforge seems to have been closed? so I report it here)

Could anyone with a x64 build please check if this applies to others as well? Just open the Goto windows by pressing Ctrl + G and then enter something like 2.8.0 - it should go to 2 mins 8 secs 0 ms then.
I've fixed in rev 1378
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:32   #10689  |  Link
Snowknight26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatKnight View Post
I've noticed that when playing a full Bluray disc using MPC's internal TS splitter the subtitles (presentation graphics, I think) aren't recognized. It shows: no subtitles.
But when using Haali Media Splitter, it shows the subtitles.

Is support for presentation graphics subtitles in the to-do list of MPC-HC, or am I missing something?

Auto-answer: I was missing something, because now it show the subtitles... Sorry for this post.
I've already reported it several pages ago.
http://85.230.118.136/showthread.php...48#post1347648
Old 3rd December 2009, 08:20   #10690  |  Link
Leo100

Quote:
we are currently trying to get usefull debug logging into MPC-HC.
There is no chance this kind of stuff is going to get fixed without that.
How can I help identify the problem? What additional information can I provide?
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:40   #10691  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo100 View Post
How can I help identify the problem? What additional information can I provide?
Well if you are a programmer you could help getting the debug logging and exception handling feature into MPC-HC
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:54   #10692  |  Link
Leo100

Quote:
Well if you are a programmer you could help getting the debug logging and exception handling feature into MPC-HC
Sorry, I can help only by the user ...
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:41   #10693  |  Link
Steveo08

i have a big problem with some mkv movies.

i am using mpc-hc with win 7 x64 @1080p and 24p and most videos are represented correctly, but not all.

when i looked under display stats during playback i saw that the green line make waves and the red line goes down irregularly.
i also noticed a judder during the movie.

and what i also noticed unter display stats, that the video frame rate is not the same (it's under my refresh rate) as my refresh rate from my screen (24hz), but it should be the same, because both are 24p.

the other movies are working well, and i got the same values for refresh rate and frame rate.

but what is wrong with the other movies?

i could swear (but i am not sure) it wasen't for a week, but i don't change anything at my media-pc.

my graphic card is xfx gt 220 with hdmi 1.3, i also installed the latest nvidia driver.

Edit:

i found my mistake, some days ago i disabled the jitter option at ac3filter cause i thought, that my receiver will do it, but he dosen't.

Last edited by Steveo08; 3rd December 2009 at 19:56.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:51   #10694  |  Link
DeepBeepMeep

Quote:
@DeepBeepMeep
It is not a bug, it is more of a design choice that was made many years ago. None of the internal splitters have a stream switcher (like Haali does). That is because MPC contains a separate audio stream switcher. Files with multiple video tracks were pretty much non-existent back then.

Changing this would mean a whole lot of work. So I don't see it happening anytime soon. Currently there are far more important things to improve/fix in MPC.
Ok thanks for you clarification. However, it seems to me that the player mpeg2 transport stream splitter has its own stream switcher contrary to the matroska splitter.

I have tried the internal audio switcher however it seems to be incompatible with ffdshow audio: whenever ffdshow audio is in the chain several multiples internal switchers are spawned. I have finally used instead the internal switcher of ffdshow audio. This is a solution but not very straightforward, it would be great if at least the compatibility between these two great softwares could be fixed.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:48   #10695  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Some sort of random stuttering was introduced with 1312. It does not happen very often, if it does only pause/play helps.
I concur with your observation and would like to know what is being done about it. Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:10   #10696  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBeepMeep View Post
I have tried the internal audio switcher however it seems to be incompatible with ffdshow audio: whenever ffdshow audio is in the chain several multiples internal switchers are spawned. I have finally used instead the internal switcher of ffdshow audio. This is a solution but not very straightforward, it would be great if at least the compatibility between these two great softwares could be fixed.
You shouldn't be getting multiple switchers. I have never seen that happen before. That's a bug. Please provide more information so that the devs can try to reproduce it.

Last edited by clsid; 3rd December 2009 at 16:12.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:52   #10697  |  Link
Bumsfalara

Downloading subtitles with Revisions 1373 and 1378 is not possible, I always get some kind of "seek-error".

Switched back to 1369, which is working fine.

Last edited by Bumsfalara; 3rd December 2009 at 16:55.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:11   #10698  |  Link
clsid

I suspect 1372 is the cause.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:48   #10699  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that the Mplayer Classic matroska splitter demux all the audio streams/tracks at the same time and doesn't let the user choose the audio track.
Quote:
I have tried the internal audio switcher however it seems to be incompatible with ffdshow audio: whenever ffdshow audio is in the chain several multiples internal switchers are spawned.
Quote:
You shouldn't be getting multiple switchers. I have never seen that happen before. That's a bug. Please provide more information so that the devs can try to reproduce it.
DeepBeepMeep - The built in splitters will render all audio tracks, and has an Audio Switcher to switch between them. Make sure it is enabled under options; then while playing, right click and use the Audio submenu to change tracks.
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:21   #10700  |  Link
73ChargerFan

How can the trak wiki be edited? The URL in Part A #6 has a typo.
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mp...ompile_the_MPC

Part B #4c & #4d both reference the same environment variable. Should they be together, like path?

Part B #3, the path has an extra space in it?

Part B #2, Alexins's Cross-Mingw.GCC Core - There are two versions, static or shared pthreads. Does it matter which is used?

Part A #1 - I'd rather not pay $300 for Dev Studio 2008 / Vis C++ 2008. Can Express be retrofitted with ATL & MFC, by copying headers or libraries?

Last edited by 73ChargerFan; 3rd December 2009 at 19:08. Reason: More and more questions...
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc