Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2006, 23:49   #801  |  Link
berrinam

@chipzoller: With a short test, I couldn't reproduce your bug. Can you try it again with VC#, but this time, before running it, go to Debug->Exceptions, and set Common Language Runtime Exceptions, Thrown, to checked. When you run it, you will get a few more exceptions, some of which would normally be caught, and one of which will be the right one. Hopefully you can tell the difference (for instance, there will be three exceptions when you start up -- just press continue/play/F5 when you get them, they don't matter).
Old 12th April 2006, 01:41   #802  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Berrinam:

Did what you said...

Get this: KeyNotFoundException ....the given key was not present in the dictionary.

Actually get 2. Not sure what you're looking for. Let me know what specifics and I'll post them.
Old 12th April 2006, 08:03   #803  |  Link
berrinam

Tell me where you got that exception. It should come up with that exception in a particular line. A screenshot would be good enough, in fact.
Old 13th April 2006, 02:55   #804  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Berrinam:

here

and

here

It didn't crash when I had this debug option turned on. Maybe these will help anyway.
Old 13th April 2006, 06:37   #805  |  Link
berrinam

Yep, they help. Looking at those exceptions you got, it would have crashed if Debug wasn't turned on. I think I know what is going on, so I'll look into it.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited by berrinam; 13th April 2006 at 22:13.
Old 13th April 2006, 17:14   #806  |  Link
greggerm

AutoEncode "Additional Options" Error

Folks,

Another bug for 'ya...
As seen in builds 2119 and 2123 (haven't used other builds)

Workflow:
Use Megui to create a dgindex job. Run and complete.
Use Megui to create an AVISynth script. Create and copy files to the input screen.
Use Megui to establish end credit location.
Use Megui input screen to define audio and select personalized audio profile. Enter audio config and exit to workaround bug.
Use MeGui AutoEncode option, and set appropriately.
Use AutoEncode "additional options"
Add chapter file, hit go, crash!

Details:

I experienced the audio/video bug described in this post, so I used the workaround of opening then closing the audio profile config before sending the job to the AutoEncoder. This got me past any audio/video type incompatable messages. For reference, the audio config is set to use AVISynth with Nero AAC, Force Directshow, and Keep Existing Channels.

I then set my options in the Automatic Encoding dialog (MP4 muxed, no target size/use video profile , add addtional content checkbox) and hit Queue.

I am then brought to the expected "Mux" dialog where I can add in the chapter file I need to. I add the chapter file, and hit "Go".

I am immediately greeted with the following error block:

MeGUI then bails to the input screen. No logs to post, as no jobs are run.

Any ideas?
Prior to the .net2 builds, this was my normal workflow for doing an encode. Occasionally, the one-click system doesn't extract the audio stream so I have to do a "manual" encode, which is where this bug was discovered.

Thanks for rooting it out!!!
-Greg Germ

(And thanks to all for continued work on the program - it really is a great utility!)

Last edited by greggerm; 13th April 2006 at 17:19.
Old 13th April 2006, 19:29   #807  |  Link
greggerm

OneClick - DGIndex Misses 0x81 Audio

Another OneClick error...
(Problem descriptions adjusted as more testing done)

Summary:
The DGIndex process launched by oneclick will miss a 5.1 AC3 audio stream if it is not 0x80.

(*The DGIndex process launched by oneclick will miss an audio stream if the first available stream is not a 0x80. )

Workflow:
Use MeGui One Click Profile Setup to insure everything is as it should be.
Use MeGui One Click, select the desired DVD Decrypter created IFO directory, and click on the vob to work with.
Use MeGui One Click and verify that the desired audio track (Eng 5.1) is selected for use.
Once done queuing movies, launch queue.

Results:
On movies which have the first audio stream at 0x80, DGIndex de-muxes everything properly - even if the first stream is not the desired track. On movies who start audio streams "higher" than 0x80, say at 0x81, there is NO de-muxed .AC3 audio file. The command line seems to look for track 1, but track 1 may be hard coded as 0x80 in DGIndex.

Logfile:
This is the DGIndex log for the movie Almost Famous.
Code:
Starting job job1 at 1:46:01 PM
Job is a dgindex job. dgindex commandline:
 "C:\x264\DGIndex\DGIndex.exe" -AIF=[C:\x264\- Encoding Only\ALMOST_FAMOUS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_1.VOB] -OF=[C:\x264\- Encoding Only\ALMOST_FAMOUS\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_1] -exit -OM=1 -TN=1
successfully set up dgindex
Processing ended at 1:50:01 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the stream info file from DVD Decrypter for the same...
Code:
0x20 - Subtitle - English / Normal Captions - [SubPicture 01: Wide] / LBA: 3 / PTS: 00:00:00.206 / Delay: 0ms
0x21 - Subtitle - English / Normal Captions - [SubPicture 01: Letterbox] / LBA: 4 / PTS: 00:00:00.206 / Delay: 0ms
0x81 - Audio - AC3 / 6ch / 48kHz / DRC / English / LBA: 99 / PTS: 00:00:00.206 / Delay: 0ms
0x82 - Audio - AC3 / 2ch / 48kHz / DRC / English / LBA: 100 / PTS: 00:00:00.206 / Delay: 0ms
0x88 - Audio - DTS / 6ch / 48kHz / DRC / English / LBA: 98 / PTS: 00:00:00.206 / Delay: 0ms
0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 / 720x480 (NTSC) / 16:9 / Letterboxed / LBA: 1 / PTS: 00:00:00.206 / Delay: 0ms
The results of this oneclick job is that there is no demuxed AC3 file for audio encoding.

In studying the command line, looks like DGIndex is being told to only demux track 1 (-TN=1) from the audio stream, even though track 1 (0x80) doesn't exist. Does MeGUI need some intelligence to read the stream .txt file and create the appropriate command line, or is this a DGIndex issue for not knowing that the first available audio track is in fact 0x81?
---------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Cheap-o workaround:

In an effort to get it to work, I created a new oneclick job based on the above Almost Famous DVD. Before starting the queue, I exited MeGUI in order to save out the .xml files for the job.

I then edited the job's xml file, and adjusted the -TN=1 to a TN=2, signifying I wanted track 2.

Restarted MeGUI and started the job - a moment later, there was a growing .AC3 file in the directory...

Looks like DGIndex uses 0x80 as (1), 0x81 as (2), and on from there. Perhaps there is a way for MeGUI to read the streams file and determine what stream address the desired track is on, so that it can formulate which track to feed to DGIndex.

I'll update if for some reason this workaround fails in the later stages, but it looks like it'll be OK.
-----------------------------------------------------------
At Berrinam below...
Sure - I may not be able to get it to you today or tomorrow, but certainly over the weekend. I'll fire you a private message with where I am placing it. Eagerly awaiting the build with the patches you made!

Last edited by greggerm; 14th April 2006 at 03:11.
Old 13th April 2006, 23:48   #808  |  Link
berrinam

@Greg: GREAT bug reports. Thank you very much.

I've fixed your first bug, as well as the 'audio input/output types are not configured' error message: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...236#post813236

Could you give me a small sample of one of the VOB files that causes problems for your second bug please?
Old 14th April 2006, 13:20   #809  |  Link
Bathrone
Curious Beta Tester

I think Chronocross' latest built has a corrupt archive.

http://www.chronocrossdev.com/apps/m...3.2125-Dev.rar
Old 14th April 2006, 13:37   #810  |  Link
greggerm

FWIW, I was just able to download and unpack the .RAR archive without issue. I also downloaded it yesterday afternoon without any problems too.

Try another download session? If you have any download managers, perhaps try turning it off temporarily? The archive looks good - I think maybe your download got corrupt.

-Greg
Old 14th April 2006, 13:58   #811  |  Link
Bathrone
Curious Beta Tester

Hmm thanks for that Greg. Per your suggestion tried it in Regest dlx instead of IE 7 beta and it worked
Old 15th April 2006, 20:38   #812  |  Link
HOLiC

Error message when using tivtc's mkv vfr

I'm trying to encode hybrid video, but I always get an error message if i try to open the script with megui. No problem in Virtualdub though.

I'm using MeGUI 0.2.3.2123 in x264-r498 install pack.
And output is MKV without audio, and here's the script:

Quote:

mpeg2source("C:\DVDrip\Zotome07\otome07.d2v")

TFM(d2v="C:\DVDrip\Zotome07\otome07.d2v")
tdecimate(mode=3,hybrid=2,vfrDec=1,mkvOut="mkv-timecodesfile.txt")

crop(2,2,716,476).BicubicResize(704,528)
I wanted to try Tivtc's vfr method, so just copied the method in the TIVTCv1RC2 Readme. Did I do something wrong? Any feedback would be great, Thanks!!
Old 15th April 2006, 22:46   #813  |  Link
goldencoin5

transport stream to xvid

i m a new bie n the prob is that how can i convert my DIGITAL VIDEO to AVI with MEGUI ?
with staxrip i m doing it very easily but wann'a try MEGUI ?
when i open a .ts file it says CHECK YR PIDZZZ
i open it with d2v creator
Old 16th April 2006, 00:39   #814  |  Link
berrinam

@Greg: I tried out the sample you gave me, and I do indeed get the same problem. I'm at a bit of a loss to it, though: all I can say is that MeGUI is getting the track numbering wrong, so that what it thinks is track 1 is actually track 2 in DGIndex. I asked neuron2 about this sort of thing a while ago: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=106266

He gave me a response that seems perfectly logical, but searching around gave me no indication of the numbering system that he spoke about. Specifically, I don't know the mapping from the stream IDs given in the stream info.txt file and the stream IDs that he talks about. Maybe someone else can help out on this, but until then, you're stuck with having to do it manually. Sorry.

@HOLiC: Well, I would say that's a TIVTC bug. The fact that it doesn't trigger in VirtualDub is probably just because, according to dimzon, MeGUI's AviSynth wrapper is written in C#, which is very specific about memory management, whereas a laxer language like C/C++, which VDub is written in, doesn't pick these errors up. Perhaps you want to report this to tritical?

@goldencoins: Don't doublepost.

Can you upload a small sample somewhere so I can look at it? Thanks.
Old 16th April 2006, 01:06   #815  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
according to dimzon, MeGUI's AviSynth wrapper is written in C#, which is very specific about memory management, whereas a laxer language like C/C++, which VDub is written in, doesn't pick these errors up. Perhaps you want to report this to tritical?
Memory corruptions happen also with MediaInfo, never happened to me but I've received a couple of bug reports.
Old 16th April 2006, 03:02   #816  |  Link
greggerm

@Berrinam:
Thank you kindly for looking into it, and I'm glad you were able to reproduce it.

Yeah - the first track of audio is usually 0x80, but sometimes it's 0x81. Looks like MeGUI is coded to look for the "first" track available, while DGIndex is coded to look at 0x80 absolute. When they conflict, the wires get crossed and problems arise.

Is it possible for MeGUI to use the hex codes rather than look for the "first available" track? (Is it possible without a huge rewrite of the code!) If the two programs use the same logic in seeking audio, maybe the problem can be averted.

It's not all that hard to do it manually - I'm ripping any oddball audio stream movies to a different directory for "special" processing. Otherwise, things are going nicely.

Thanks again for taking it into consideration!
-Greg
Old 16th April 2006, 03:05   #817  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

berrinam (@holic), it means it tried to seek, probably by trying to open the preview window (since it seeks to the middle frame) and mode 3 can't support seeking at all. So it's neither megui nor tivtc bug. Turning the auto-preview off should fix it.
Old 17th April 2006, 20:20   #818  |  Link
asdfsauce
VEIG Master

ChronoCross-

Bug report for your MeGUI Essentials Package installer:

I installed it to a directory other than the default "C:\Program Files\MeGUI", but it set all my dependency (x264, mp4box, etc.) paths in settings to that location anyway. So, installs to correct directory, but sets program paths in settings to default "C:\Program Files\MeGUI".

Besides that, I really like the installer. Thanks.
Old 17th April 2006, 21:45   #819  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

not really a bug. it's just a default settings file. I can't generate that using the installer. you have to edit those manually. Even by opening megui it'll generate something that has to be set immediately before use. it's not automatic so if you install it to an alternate location(which I do not recommend if your a newbie) you have to set the settings file.
Old 18th April 2006, 03:31   #820  |  Link
asdfsauce
VEIG Master

Ahh, ok, I didn't know if you were trying to do that or not. I don't really know a whole lot about install scripts. Anyway, maybe you could just set up the settings file with relative paths like this:

Code:
  <MencoderPath>tools\mencoder.exe</MencoderPath>
  <FaacPath>audio\faac.exe</FaacPath>
  <LamePath>audio\lame.exe</LamePath>
  <NerorawPath>audio\neroraw.exe</NerorawPath>
  <MkvmergePath>tools\MKVtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe</MkvmergePath>
  <BesweetPath>audio\BeSweet.exe</BesweetPath>
  <Mp4boxPath>tools\MP4Box.exe</Mp4boxPath>
  <X264Path>x264\x264.exe</X264Path>
  <DgIndexPath>tools\DGIndex\DGIndex.exe</DgIndexPath>
  <XviDEncrawPath>tools\xvid_encraw.exe</XviDEncrawPath>
That way it would be independent of where MeGUI is installed.

Another thing you could do is set the installer not to overwrite an existing settings file so people's settings aren't over-written every time.

Edit: It appears that there is a bug with relative paths in MeGUI. After you queue up an encode and try to start it, it will error with this –

Quote:
Job is a video job.calling setup failed with error Could not find x264\x264.exe in the path specified: x264\x264.exe Please specify the proper path in the settings
However, if you restart MeGUI and then start the job in the queue again, it will work just fine. Same goes for audio, a restart will fix it.
Closed Thread