Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st February 2012, 21:11   #2361  |  Link
Poutnik
Useless idea generator

Do you consider easier launching of AVS cutter before Interlace analysis of AVS creator ?
( for avoiding Interlace analysis of not used video parts, what can lead to improper analyzer suggestion )
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:37   #2362  |  Link
Zathor

As I do not have much time for developing MeGUI I focus on fixing bugs/problems, implementing simple features and features which I need for my personal use (like OneClick). Your feature request does not fit in any of those categories and therefore it is unlikely that it will be implemented by me in the next time. But... of course I will commit a patch so feel free to create the required code on your own.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:04   #2363  |  Link
neveja

Hi all

1. Please, add the option "Quantizer for first pass" (select manually - 1...4) when 2-pass encoding XviD.
2. Show you how to properly use fourcc DX50 with two pass encoding Xvid? DX50 doesn't change.

Thanks in advance.. Sorry for my bad english
neveja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:24   #2364  |  Link
locotus

Don't know if I'm making something wrong, but when converting old
movies dvds to MKV with Megui, the ones with AR: 4:3, without any resize applied,
Megui changes AR to 3:2. No problem is source is 16:9, no matter if AR is 1.66, 1.85 or 2.35.
locotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:47   #2365  |  Link
kalehrl

Quote:
Instead of giving me around 125fps, MeGUI encodes in 56fps.

Could you please look into this and try to make MeGUI more friendly for users who want to encode using the latest xvid?
Latest xvid is much faster as you can see from the logs (126.24 compared with 83.25)
hi Zathor and sorry for the wrong information.
Latest 1.3.2 xvid_encraw is in fact 30% slower both when encoding via command line and with MeGUI.
The information about the speed of encoding via command line reported by 1.3.2 xvid_encraw is in fact wrong.
I compared the duration of encoding using a stopwatch and concluded that it is slower.
So there is actually nothing to change for you.
MeGUI reported real fps whereas 1.3.2 xvid_encraw reported wrong fps speed via command line.
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 06:19   #2366  |  Link
AMED

Hi Zathor,

I was hoping for a few little fixups\improvements for the HD-DVD/Blu-ray Stream extractor window.

* Add tick box to use input folder for output
* Allow the whole window to be resized and also remembered on close.
* Allow the Feature(s) and Stream(s) boxes to be manually resized vertically within the window and remembered once the window is closed.
* Allow the Features(s) box to be manually sorted by name and duration, it sorts be duration by default which make encoding episode blurays annoying.

Last edited by AMED; 5th February 2012 at 06:49.
AMED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 18:35   #2367  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by locotus View Post
Don't know if I'm making something wrong, but when converting old
movies dvds to MKV with Megui, the ones with AR: 4:3, without any resize applied,
Megui changes AR to 3:2. No problem is source is 16:9, no matter if AR is 1.66, 1.85 or 2.35.
Please post the full log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveja View Post
1. Please, add the option "Quantizer for first pass" (select manually - 1...4) when 2-pass encoding XviD.
2. Show you how to properly use fourcc DX50 with two pass encoding Xvid? DX50 doesn't change.
2) Correct. I checked the source code and the FourCC in the settings seems to be ignored in the processing.
1+2) I have no experience with XviD and no idea if this is the intended behavior.
Old 5th February 2012, 18:45   #2368  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2110 [x264] force --keyint-min 1 with Blu-ray (requires x264 revision 2149+)
            replaced vfw4x264 with avs4x264mod. Details:
            http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=162656
2109 [XviD] fixed saving of custom vbv values. Bug #3483985
2108 [AutoEncode] + [OneClick] fixed saving of custom file size values
     [File Size Selector] removed some default values
                          added a control in the settings to modify custom file size values
                          all other controls will not save anymore custom values
2107 [Job] delete intermediate files also during job deletion if specified in the settings
Old 6th February 2012, 04:14   #2369  |  Link
locotus

Attached the log file, included medianfo
report of the converted file.
Attached Files
File Type: rar logfile-12-02-05_19-37-04.rar (3.8 KB, 37 views)
locotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 12:19   #2370  |  Link
Shevek

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMED View Post
* Allow the Features(s) box to be manually sorted by name and duration, it sorts be duration by default which make encoding episode blurays annoying.
By length descending is the way that eac3to outputs and assigns the F1,F2,F3 etc to the features so that cannot be changed without changing eac3to code.

I agree that this does make episodes difficult to process however I can't see how sorting this will help as there is no guarantee any other sort will determine the correct order.

Most will be in playlist or mt2s order but I have seen some which appear random.

Where there is a single playlist for all episodes you can use the drop down list for that feature to determine the order of the single episode features otherwise always have to start each episode from the menu on a blu-ray player to determine the episode lengths and therefore the correct order. This is of course impossible if more than one episode have the same length!
Shevek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 02:44   #2371  |  Link
VincAlastor

hi Zathor,

i would like to ask you to integrate the qaac encoder in megui. nero aac is great, i know, but the last listening tests and many users in the hydrogenaudio forum recomment the windows command line quicktime aac encoder.

http://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/

it is working with eac3to and is not only an alternative to nero aac, but also to flac! because qaac ia an alac encoder, too. - i think, a must have for megui
VincAlastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2012, 06:28   #2372  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor View Post
hi Zathor,

i would like to ask you to integrate the qaac encoder in megui. nero aac is great, i know, but the last listening tests and many users in the hydrogenaudio forum recomment the windows command line quicktime aac encoder.

http://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/

it is working with eac3to and is not only an alternative to nero aac, but also to flac! because qaac ia an alac encoder, too. - i think, a must have for megui
Nice pickup will add this to EAC as it gives AAC alac flac and wavpsck encoding .

Sweet
flebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 21:28   #2373  |  Link
TECK

I would like to report a bug, confirmed by tebasuna51.
As request, is it possible to add MP4Box support in MeGUI to extract tracks from MP4/M4V containers?

Thank you.
TECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 04:21   #2374  |  Link
hello_hello

A feature request.....

Almost every time I use MeGUI to index a file, I find myself wishing I could just run the job, rather than have to add it to the job queue and then run it from there. Which got me thinking it'd be nice if the file indexer also had a "run it now" button, which then led me to wonder if it'd be a fun idea to be able to hold down the shift key (for example) while hovering the mouse over the "queue" button (anywhere a queue button can be found) which would change it's function from adding the job to the queue to just running it.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 17:05   #2375  |  Link
HeadlessCow

There is an Autostart Queue option in the settings that probably does what you want.
HeadlessCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 17:43   #2376  |  Link
hello_hello

I forgot it was there to be honest, but no that's not quite it.
I know it's only a minor thing, but it'd be nice to be able to autostart an indexing job, queue an encode, autostart the next indexing job.... that sort of thing. Being able to autostart by simply holding down the shift key when hitting the queue button (or something similar) would be a nice touch.... in my opinion.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 17:56   #2377  |  Link
Alex_080
User of X264

need help....today i try to index a mkv file....i got this error. MeGUI 2115.
Alex_080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 11:37   #2378  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_080 View Post
need help....today i try to index a mkv file....i got this error. MeGUI 2115.
Please post/upload the log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I know it's only a minor thing, but it'd be nice to be able to autostart an indexing job, queue an encode, autostart the next indexing job.... that sort of thing. Being able to autostart by simply holding down the shift key when hitting the queue button (or something similar) would be a nice touch.... in my opinion.
That's more or less the same functionality like running the job immediately in a temporary worker, isn't it?
Old 19th February 2012, 11:43   #2379  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by locotus View Post
Attached the log file, included medianfo
report of the converted file.
Thanks for the log. I tried to reproduce it but failed as I do not have a file with your specifications. Can you please upload a short part of the input file?
Old 19th February 2012, 12:17   #2380  |  Link
Alex_080
User of X264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please post/upload the log.
here logo,
Attached Files
File Type: rar logfile-12-02-19_16-36-55.rar (1.8 KB, 26 views)
Alex_080 is offline   Reply With Quote