Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 21st July 2018, 17:21   #241  |  Link
lollo2

I thinks he thanks you because your plugin makes his face looking similar to my reference ;-)

lollo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2018, 11:31   #242  |  Link
lollo2

In addition to color match, there is another reason why I prefer GamMatch.

As told, I have bad frames that I have to replace with previous good frame (video_ref_seq_ria_sos)

HistogramAdjust and MatchHistogram match the color of the reference (in the left portion, the color of the face tend to be similar to the color of
the hair); it is ok, but it does not work in my case.

GamMatch, with its different approach, shows better results in my case.

I hope this could be of some utility for somebody else...

lollo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 04:53   #243  |  Link
JoeSuper8

Thanks StainlessS for looking into those color bar issues.

Fred in the meantime, are there any additional instructions on how to use a detect clip with gammac?

I could not successfully follow your post from last year on the detect clip: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...28#post1803528
JoeSuper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 16:16   #244  |  Link
videoFred

Location: Terneuzen, Zeeland, the Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Milky Way,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSuper8 View Post
I could not successfully follow your post from last year on the detect clip: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...28#post1803528
??? What could you not follow?

Fred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4QBsWXKuV8
More Example clips:
http://www.vimeo.com/user678523/videos/sort:newest
videoFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 13:10   #245  |  Link
Zetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
This should hopefully be of use.
All it does is pass on args to respective plugins.
Some of the AutoLevels args are not passed where it makes no sense, eg the gamma related ones.

Code:
Function AutoLevelsGamMac(clip c,
    \ Bool  "DoAutoLevels", bool  "DoGamMac",
    \ int   "filterRadius",int "sceneChgThresh",String "frameOverrides",
    \ int   "input_low",int "input_high",int "output_low",int "output_high",float "ignore",float "ignore_low",float "ignore_high",
    \ int   "border",int "border_l",int "border_r",int "border_t",int "border_b",bool "debug",
    \ int   "LockChan",Float "LockVal",Float "RedMul",Float "GrnMul", Float "BluMul",
    \ Float "MinLim",Float "MaxLim",float "GamLo",Float "GamHi",Bool "Show",int "Verbosity") {
    c
    DoAutoLevels=Default(DoAutoLevels,True)   DoGamMac=Default(DoGamMac,True)
    (DoAutoLevels)
        \ ? Autolevels(filterRadius=filterRadius,sceneChgThresh=sceneChgThresh,frameOverrides=frameOverrides,
        \ input_low=input_low,input_high=input_high,output_low=output_low,output_high=output_high,
        \ ignore=ignore,ignore_low=ignore_low,ignore_high=ignore_high,
        \ border=border,border_l=border_l,border_r=border_r,border_t=border_t,border_b=border_b,
        \ debug=debug)
        \ : NOP
    (DoGamMac)
        \ ? GamMac(LockChan=LockChan,LockVal=LockVal,RedMul=RedMul,GrnMul=GrnMul,BluMul=BluMul,
        \   MinLim=MinLim,MaxLim=MaxLim,GamLo=GamLo,GamHi=GamHi,
        \   Show=Show,Verbosity=Verbosity)
        \ : NOP
    Return Last
}

#Imagesource("test_RGB_Doom.jpg",end=0) Crop(0,0,width/2,height/2) Crop(0,0,width/4*4,height/4*4)

Imagesource("G1.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Lollipop lady minus RHS and histograms
#Imagesource("G2.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Plant lady minus RHS and histograms
#Imagesource("G3.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Avenue minus RHS and histograms
#Imagesource("G4.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Walkers minus RHS and histograms
#Imagesource("G5.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Parot minus RHS and histograms
#Imagesource("G6.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Deer minus RHS and histograms
#Imagesource("G7.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Taj Mahal minus RHS and histograms
#Imagesource("G8.bmp",end=0) crop(0,0,0,-48) Spline36Resize(480,360)     # Puppy minus RHS and histograms

#Avisource("1937 Lund Utah 16mm Film [Low, 360p].mp4.avi")
#Avisource("1941 Flint Michigan Parade [Low, 360p].mp4.AVI")
#Avisource("v.avi")
#A=Trim(0,99)
#B=A.BlankClip(length=1)                         # Test Black Frame @ 100
#C=A.BlankClip(length=1,Color=$FFFFFF)           # Test White Frame @ 101
#D=Trim(100,0)
#A++B++C++D

ConvertToRGB24
ORG=Last
LockChan = 1            # Chan for lock to Ave, 0=R, 1=G, 2=B
                        #    -1 = Use LockVal below.
                        #    -2 = LockVal=(RedAve+GrnAve+BluAve)/3.0 for LockVal.
                        #    -3 = LockVal=Median(RedAve,GrnAve,BluAve)
LockVal  = 128          # Only valid if LockChan == -1
GamHi    = 4.0          # Extreme values for guess gamma (starting guess range and limit)
GamLo    = 0.25         # Extreme values for guess gamma (starting guess range and limit)
RedMul   = 1.00         # Required Ave multiplier for Red Channel, applied when requesting GuessGamma(reqAve*RedMul), Even applied when LockChan=-1.
GrnMul   = 1.00         #    Same for Green channel. GrnMul even applies when LockChan is Green Channel, etc for chans.
BluMul   = 1.0          #    Same for Blue channel.  Allows tinkering/fine tuning.
MinLim   = 32.0         # If Original channel Ave lesser then DO NOT FIX.
MaxLim   = 255.0-32.0   # If Original channel Ave greater then DO NOT FIX.
Show     = true         # Subtitles
Verbosity= 1           # 0=Only Upper metrics, 1(default)=Upper + important ones. 2=All metrics.

A= AutoLevelsGamMac(DoGamMac=False)
B= AutoLevelsGamMac(DoAutoLevels=false,LockChan=LockChan,LockVal=LockVal,RedMul=RedMul,GrnMul=GrnMul,BluMul=BluMul,Show=Show,Verbosity=Verbosity)
C= AutoLevelsGamMac(LockChan=LockChan,LockVal=LockVal,RedMul=RedMul,GrnMul=GrnMul,BluMul=BluMul,Show=Show,Verbosity=Verbosity)
TOP=StackHorizontal(ORG,A)
BOT=StackHorizontal(B,C)
StackVertical(TOP,BOT)
return Last
EDIT:

That IanB quote was from the AutoLevels thread, I assume that Frustum corrected it in later versions of AutoLevels
to match what IanB said.
Is this the only setting AutoLevelsGamMac() or is there more settings i can't see??
Zetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 13:17   #246  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

That was prior to Scale=2 setting, try GamMac(Scale=2).

EDIT: Was implemented in this post:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...75#post1774775

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 5th August 2018 at 13:25.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 13:32   #247  |  Link
Zetti

Thanks for info.

I will try it.
Old 5th August 2018, 15:34   #248  |  Link
Zetti

I like the result with GamMac(Scale=2)

But i hope i have understand it right, that i can limit the colors with RedMul, GrnMul and BluMul

Like this way GamMac(Scale=2, BluMul=0.9,Show=false)
Old 5th August 2018, 16:02   #249  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

You can reduce blue content as in your example, but maybe Scale=2 is not the right one for the job, try Scale=1.

Scale = 2 is a little ferocious, and modifies each channel separately (each chan min and max), whereas Scale = 1,
finds minimum_of_any_Channel(min) and maximum_of_any_Channel(max), and uses those.

Scale=1 is safest, but sometimes dont look as good.

EDIT: Scale=0, uses 0 and 255 for all input mins/maxs.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 5th August 2018, 16:17   #250  |  Link
Zetti

Thanks now can i see the last details for now, that's good.

GamMac is a good new toy.
Old 20th August 2018, 01:40   #251  |  Link
johnmeyer

I finally got around to upgrading my film script to include GamMac & FredAverage. I pre-grade my film in Vegas by roughly correcting colors and gamma on each section of film, but my goal is to the let GamMac do the final adjustments, scene-by-scene, on both color and gamma.

Here is one frame showing the results. I know what the colors should be because I grew up there fifty years ago, and the colors of the wall and green coach are now absolutely perfect. Also note the color corrections on the white trim on the door in the background and the white wrapping paper he is holding. Very nice, StainlessS & VideoFred:

I've copied below the variables I've used, along with the relevant sections of the script showing how I'm calling GamMac and FredAverage.

With that as background, I have one question:

How to I globally increase the gamma (brightness) a little? The only way I see to do this is to increase the three RGB "Mul" values from 1.0 to a higher value, and to avoid adding a color shift, make sure that all three have the same value. Is there a better way than this to get GamMac to make the result slightly brighter in the midtones without changing the darkest or brightest pixels, and without upsetting the color correction?

Here are the relevant GamMac and FredAverage parameters that I'm using:

Code:
#GamMac Parameters
LockChan   = 1                                     #(0=red channel)
LockVal    = 128.0                                 #default 128 -- Used when LockChan = -1 (for flicker)
Scale      = 2                                     #Fred recommended 2 instead of 1
RedMul     = 1.1
GrnMul     = 1.1
BluMul     = 1.1
Th         = 0.1
GMx        = 0
GMy        = 0
GMw        = 0
GMh        = 0
LOTH = 0.20
HITH = 0.20
OMIN =   5                                         #limiting the output a little bit makes it a little 'softer' to look at
OMAX = 250
Al2  =  20
autolev_bord1 = 50
borderV=10 borderH=10
And here are the lines where I call each function:

Code:
Baseclip = PreBorderFrame.crop(borderV,borderH,-borderV,-borderH,align=true).bicubicresize(W,H)
blank_black = Blankclip(baseclip, width=autolev_bord1,height=autolev_bord1)
blank_white=  Blankclip(baseclip, width=autolev_bord1,height=autolev_bord1, color=$FFFFFF)
Average= baseclip.FredAverage().invert()
over1 = overlay(baseclip,blank_black, x=40,y=300) 
over2 = overlay (over1,blank_white, x=160, y=300) \
        .bicubicresize(width(baseclip)-(al2)*2,height(baseclip)-(al2)*2)
Detect = (al2 >1) ? overlay (Average, over2,x=al2,y=al2) \
         .converttoRGB24(matrix="rec709") : over2.converttoRGB24(matrix="rec709")

result1= PreBorderFrame.ConvertToRGB24.GamMac(verbosity=4,DC=Detect,Show=True, \
         LockChan=LockChan, Th=Th, LockVal=LockVal, Scale=Scale, RedMul=RedMul,\
         GrnMul=GrnMul, BluMul=BluMul, loTh=LOTH,hiTh=HITH,oMin=OMIN,oMax=OMAX,\
         x=GMx,y=GMy,w=GMw,h=GMh).converttoYV12().deflicker().addborders(X,0,0,0,$FFFFFF) \
         .addborders(0,0,X2,0,$000000).autolevels(filterRadius=2).crop(X,0,-X2,-0) \
         .addborders(bord_left+in_bord_left, bord_top+in_bord_top, \
         bord_right+in_bord_right, bord_bot+in_bord_bot)
Attached Images

johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 05:28   #252  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

You have done it exactly the way I would have suggested.
(I guess that you could add your own stub function with float JohnGamma arg, and adjust all three channels as per that arg).
The Reason that I added the multiplier (redmul etc) args was to counteract some unintended colorshift.

Code:
    for(i=0;i<3;++i) {
        reqAve[i]= lockval*rgbMul[i];
    }
Above, GuessGamma() would try find gamma function that produces equivalent to reqAve[] (required channel average), where
lockval is either a fixed setting of gotten from average of one of the channels (or eg median of all three) .
Perhaps there should have been an additive setting instead of (or as well as) the multiplicative ones.

Old 20th August 2018, 05:56   #253  |  Link
johnmeyer

StainlessS,

No need to change anything or add more variables. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some obvious setting.
Old 20th August 2018, 17:38   #254  |  Link
johnmeyer

Well, I still need an answer to my original question. It turns out that the three "Mul" settings don't actually change gamma, at least not how I have always defined that term. A gamma curve should change the luma of the pixels in the middle of the luma range while leaving the really bright and really dark pixels relatively unchanged. However, by changing the usual 1.0 settings to 1.1, as follows:

RedMul = 1.1
GrnMul = 1.1
BluMul = 1.1

I ended up with my blacks getting washed out, with the floor going from about 5 to 10 (on a 0-100 scale). You can see the effect in my NLE, along with the waveform display of the result:

Before

After

So, I'm still looking to find a way for the "Gam" in GamMac to work like a real gamma function. For the time being, I have it working just fine by returning the three values above to 1.0. Even if I can't use it to control gamma, it is still amazingly useful as an automated color corrector.

Last edited by johnmeyer; 21st August 2018 at 04:51. Reason: changed "histogram" to "waveform"
Old 6th January 2019, 00:50   #255  |  Link
Danette

Would like to try this but, can't get past an initial error from the avsi file.

It reports a script error on line 1, column 9.

I'm sure it's something basic/simple. Of course, a dll would solve so many application errors such as this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Trying to apply it from AvsPmod.
Danette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2019, 01:30   #256  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Which script (Post it) and what error message ?

EDIT: This is current script in GamMac v1.10 (and it aint an avsi, DONT PUT IN Plugins)
Code:
Imagesource("GreenChurch.png",end=0)
#Imagesource("Puppy.png",end=0)
#Imagesource("lennaRed.png",end=0)

ConvertToRGB24.KillAudio
#Spline36Resize(512,384)
O=Last
DC=Last

#DC=DC.Blur(1.0)                # Detection Clip (uses source clip if dc not supplied, Denoised or whatever)
#DC=DC.BilinearResize(320,240)  # Test DC not same size as source

LockChan = 1            # Chan for lock to Ave, 0=R, 1=G, 2=B
                        #    -1 = Use LockVal below.
                        #    -2 = LockVal=(RedAve+GrnAve+BluAve)/3.0 for LockVal.
                        #    -3 = LockVal=Median(RedAve,GrnAve,BluAve)
Scale=1
RedMul    = 1.0         # Required Ave multiplier for Red Channel, applied when requesting GuessGamma(reqAve*RedMul), Even applied when LockChan=-1.
GrnMul    = 1.0         #    Same for Green channel. GrnMul even applies when LockChan is Green Channel, etc for chans.
BluMul    = 1.0         #    Same for Blue channel.  Allows tinkering/fine tuning.
Th        = 0.0
LockVal   = 128.0       # Only valid if LockChan == -1
RngLim    = 11
GamMax    = 10.0
Show      = True        # Metrics
Verb      = 5           # Verbocity FULL
SHOWCOORDS= True        # Show Original with Coords
DITHER=FALSE
x =5                    # Coords (for dc Detection Clip)
y =5
w=-5
h=-5

omin=5                  # Output channels minimum (footroom for manual editing).
omax=250                # Output channels maximum (headroom for manual editing).

#Return GamMac(DC,x=x,y=y,w=w,h=h,Coords=True)    # Show Coords only

Scale=0
A_TEXT = RT_String("Scale=%d rMul=%.2f gMul=%.2f bMul=%.2f",Scale,RedMul,GrnMul,BluMul)
A=GamMac(LockChan=LockChan,SCALE=SCALE,RedMul=RedMul,GrnMul=GrnMul,BluMul=BluMul,
    \ Th=Th,LockVal=LockVal,RngLim=RngLim,GamMax=GamMax,
    \ dc=DC,
    \ x=x,y=y,w=w,h=h,
    \ omin=omin,omax=omax,
    \ Show=Show,Verbosity=Verb,dither=DITHER)

Scale=1 BluMul=1.05
B_TEXT = RT_String("Scale=%d rMul=%.2f gMul=%.2f bMul=%.2f",Scale,RedMul,GrnMul,BluMul)
B=GamMac(LockChan=LockChan,SCALE=SCALE,RedMul=RedMul,GrnMul=GrnMul,BluMul=BluMul,
    \ dc=DC,
    \ x=x,y=y,w=w,h=h,
    \ omin=omin,omax=omax,

Scale=2 BluMul=0.95
C_TEXT = RT_String("Scale=%d rMul=%.2f gMul=%.2f bMul=%.2f",Scale,RedMul,GrnMul,BluMul)
C=GamMac(LockChan=LockChan,SCALE=SCALE,RedMul=RedMul,GrnMul=GrnMul,BluMul=BluMul,
    \ dc=DC,
    \ x=x,y=y,w=w,h=h,
    \ omin=omin,omax=omax,

COORDS=O.GamMac(dc=DC,x=x,y=y,w=w,h=h,Coords=True)
ODC=((SHOWCOORDS)?COORDS.Spline36Resize(width,Height):O)                    # Resize COORDS (Not necessarily the same sizse as source clip)
ODC_TEXT=(SHOWCOORDS)?"Detect Clip with Coords":"Original"
TOP=StackHorizontal(TSub(ODC,ODC_TEXT,true),TSub(A,A_TEXT))
BOT=StackHorizontal(TSub(B,B_TEXT),TSub(C,C_TEXT))
StackVertical(TOP,BOT)
return Last

# Stack Overhead Subtitle Text, with optional FrameNumber shown.
Function TSub(clip c,string Tit,Bool "ShowFrameNo"){
    c.BlankClip(height=20)
    (Default(ShowFrameNo,False))?ScriptClip("""Subtitle(String(current_frame,"%.f] """+Tit+""""))"""):Subtitle(Tit)
    Return StackVertical(c).AudioDubEx(c)
}
NOTE, for some reason W7 (probably later too) dont work properley without a path, so try change
Imagesource("GreenChurch.png",end=0)
To
Imagesource(".\GreenChurch.png",end=0) # Current directory
or
Imagesource("D:\SomeFolder\GreenChurch.png",end=0)

Last edited by StainlessS; 6th January 2019 at 02:56.
Old 8th January 2019, 02:13   #257  |  Link
Danette

Quote:
Which script (Post it) and what error message ?

EDIT: This is current script in GamMac v1.10 (and it aint an avsi, DONT PUT IN Plugins)
Oh, I thought it was an avsi script. I'll give it a try. So, I just place it under my other script? Where do I get the image files?
Old 8th January 2019, 02:57   #258  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I posted this:- http://www.mediafire.com/file/rdk5du...cSubs.zip/file
somewhere in the thread.

EDIT: Was posted here:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...94#post1825394
Above also links to JohnMeyer parade clip.

Last edited by StainlessS; 8th January 2019 at 03:05.
Old 8th January 2019, 15:26   #259  |  Link
Danette

Quote:
I posted this:- http://www.mediafire.com/file/rdk5du...cSubs.zip/file
somewhere in the thread.

EDIT: Was posted here:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...94#post1825394
Above also links to JohnMeyer parade clip.
Thanks. I was almost there and then it stumbled on what I suspect is a compatibility issue. It wouldn't recognize GamMac or RT_String. Is this not compatible with Avisynth+?
Old 8th January 2019, 16:01   #260  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

RT_String is part of RT_Stats. (See meidafire in sig below this post)
Current GamMac has dll for avs/+ v2.60 x86 and x64. (loadPlugin or put in plugins dir)

EDIT: Also, GamMatch, is a different plugin to GamMac.

Tags
color cast, correction, fade, gamma