Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th April 2009, 16:02   #1  |  Link
sucker

hopefully simple Scenarist question (adding a 2nd m2ts)

hi guys

i want to put 2 different .m2ts on a Blu-ray, they have different video and audio specs and i want that they play one after the other, if it pauses a bit to jump to the 2nd .m2ts doesnīt matter

i tried doing this with tsmuxer but then it would only play the 1st and then freeze cause tsmuxer tries to join the 2 files and play it seamlessly, but that doesnīt work probably cause of the different video codecs

so i created a Blu-ray with tsmuxer with just the 1st file, then i demuxed it with BD Reauthor and imported that in Scenarist, what do i do to add the 2nd file?
itīs already ready to import, i just need to know what to do/create and how to link it inside Scenarist
sort of:
create new clip, create new playlist, add that playlist after the 1st Playlist or something like that
i donīt need a Menu, just 2 video files playing one after the other

thx in advance
sucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 02:49   #2  |  Link
rik1138

Create a new clip with the 2nd file.

Then, in the playlist of your first item, create a second PlayItem, and drop the second piece of video there. If you don't flag it as seamless (it's non-seamless by default), it should work fine (it will pause briefly).
This will only work in some cases (it'll give you an error if it can't). If your video clips are different codecs (AVC and VC1 for example), it won't work.

If it won't let you do that (the easy way), here's what you need to do:
Create a new PlayList, and add your second clip to it. (Assuming you already have a Playlist with your first clip...)
In the Scenario editor you should have a FirstPlay, TopMenu and Title (Title#1), each with MovieObjects (MO). (Right-click on each, select New then MovieObject if you don't see boxes with MO in them. Everything in the Scenario Editor should have them.).
Drop your first PlayList onto Title#1.
Create a new Title (and MO), drop your second PlayList on this title (you can't have two PlayLists in one Title).
One of the icons above the Scenario Editor window is called 'Connect', click that and select 'Jump'.
Drag a line from/to the following:
The 'cmd' box of FirstPlayback to the first Title (the box that says 'Title' in it)
The 'cmd' box of TopMenu to the first Title (same box)
The 'cmd' box of the first Title to the second Title.
If you want it to loop, drag the 'cmd' box of the 2nd Title back to the first Title.

Not sure what version of Scenarist you are using. If you create a Title, and only get one square, right-click on it and create a new Movie Object. Newer versions of Scenarist create the MO square automatically, I seem to recall older versions did not...

Let me know if it works...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 16:50   #3  |  Link
sucker

thx alot for the nfo
will check it out this weekend and report back
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:35   #4  |  Link
sucker

unfortunately it didnīt work for this project, but only because Scenarist has trouble with 1 stream not because of the workflow
thx again for the nfo, iīm sure it will come handy next time