Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 30th September 2007, 23:39   #961  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
If you call MPC with the "dub" parameter, you can check delay with the external FLAC file!!! No need to do *any* muxing for delay checking.
I know, but as I said that works only for sure for quite small delay values. can get tricky already >500 or sometimes >200 ms
Old 30th September 2007, 23:42   #962  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to v1.20 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* bugfix: some Blu-Ray TrueHD tracks were not accepted
* change: eac3to output text slightly improved
Old 30th September 2007, 23:42   #963  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
eac3to v1.20 released
*canceling current remuxing*

trying to do a "fresh" demuxing and conversion to flac again. maybe it helps

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 30th September 2007 at 23:47.
Old 30th September 2007, 23:49   #964  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
I know, but as I said that works only for sure for quite small delay values. can get tricky already >500 or sometimes >200 ms
I've no trouble with even e.g. 20 seconds of delay. With bigger delays it helps to write the delay into the "Audio Switcher" -> "Audio Time Shift" edit box and then to restart MPC. From there you can still do smaller delay changes with the keypad "+" and "-" keys. I never need more than a few minutes to find the right delay value - as long as only one static delay value is needed. Of course it takes much MUCH longer if sync keeps drifting away in the middle of the movie.
Old 30th September 2007, 23:58   #965  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

hm Ive always only done it via the audio switcher -> audio time shift box and it only works for shorter delays for me. otherwise everything just get sloooooouuwww. thats why I need remuxes sometimes.
but you mean you can actually change the delay with + and - keys WHILE watching?

edit: LMAO didnt know that! omg all the hours I spent with remuxing and manually tpying etc.:S

hm regarding the external flac, I have the flac file given the same filename as the .mkv file has (apart from the .flac ending), but I cant choose it as external audio tracks. does this only work when I put the flac into .mka container?

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 1st October 2007 at 00:22.
Old 1st October 2007, 07:44   #966  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
hm Ive always only done it via the audio switcher -> audio time shift box and it only works for shorter delays for me. otherwise everything just get sloooooouuwww. thats why I need remuxes sometimes.
but you mean you can actually change the delay with + and - keys WHILE watching?

edit: LMAO didnt know that! omg all the hours I spent with remuxing and manually tpying etc.:S

hm regarding the external flac, I have the flac file given the same filename as the .mkv file has (apart from the .flac ending), but I cant choose it as external audio tracks. does this only work when I put the flac into .mka container?
You need to call MPC with the "dub" command line parameter. Otherwise MPC doesn't pick the "flac" file extension up as an external audio track. Using that "dub" parameter you can even feed MPC TrueHD and DTS-HD EVO and M2TS files as external audio tracks!
Old 1st October 2007, 15:49   #967  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
I'm not sure. I think 1.18 should just complain about the dirty track, but try to continue. Maybe the audio decoder stopped? How does the full text output look like?

Anyway, you can avoid to have a corrupted audio file in the first place. EvoDemux has a bug with Perfume. I fear if you have rebuilt the DTS-HD tracks into a separate EVO file you might already have corrupted the audio files. Try demuxing the original EVO file by using drmpeg's EVO demuxer. Here's the download link:

http://www.w6rz.net/evob_demux.zip

Using that instead of EvoDemux for Perfume results in perfectly clean DTS-HD tracks. Unfortunately Perfume only has DTS-HD High Resolution tracks encoded from a 16bit master. So the Sonic audio decoder forcefully downconverts to 16bit. I'm not sure which is better: DTS-HD High Resolution downconverted to 16bit (Sonic) or just the core, but with full 24bit (Nero).

Ok....Problem is i dont have the evos anymore from Perfume
Both DTSHD was demuxed via SonicHDDemuxer in graphedit.

eac3to Text is simple :
DTS Hi-Res, 5.1 channels, 2:28:00, 16 bits, 2082kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
g:\

It stops without processing...all other dtshd tracks are working perfect

DTS HD 6.1 Discrete isnt supported at the Moment right ? On Xmen3 BluRay DTSHD 6.1 is get a unsupported Message from eac3to

Ah, and the dtscore from Perfum is 16 bit , not 24bit....

Last edited by ACrowley; 1st October 2007 at 15:54.
Old 1st October 2007, 17:45   #968  |  Link
Zelos

Hi all,

i have something strange.
i tried to encode dtshd source ( riddick ) and get this message.

J:\Test Riddick\eac3to119>eac3to feature.dtshd test.dts -768
DTS, 5.1 channels, 2:14:31, 24 bits, 1536kbit/s, 48khz
This is already a normal DTS file.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:30   #969  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
Ok....Problem is i dont have the evos anymore from Perfume
Both DTSHD was demuxed via SonicHDDemuxer in graphedit.

eac3to Text is simple :
DTS Hi-Res, 5.1 channels, 2:28:00, 16 bits, 2082kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -4dB
g:\

It stops without processing...all other dtshd tracks are working perfect
v1.21 will at least try to decode. Well, it does on my PC at least. However, the Sonic Audio Decoder crashes due to the corrupt file. So it doesn't really help. Most DTS tracks have no CRC, so the decoder can't check if a frame is valid or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
DTS HD 6.1 Discrete isnt supported at the Moment right ? On Xmen3 BluRay DTSHD 6.1 is get a unsupported Message from eac3to
Try v1.21.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:31   #970  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
i have something strange.
i tried to encode dtshd source ( riddick ) and get this message.

J:\Test Riddick\eac3to119>eac3to feature.dtshd test.dts -768
DTS, 5.1 channels, 2:14:31, 24 bits, 1536kbit/s, 48khz
This is already a normal DTS file.
That's not really all that strange. Some DTS tracks taken from HD DVD and Blu-Ray are simple conventional DTS tracks and not DTS-HD tracks. So there's nothing you need to do. The track you have is already a normal DTS track. No conversion necessary for this one.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:34   #971  |  Link
Zelos

ok thanks madshi i understand now.
but how to encode to 768k ?
Old 1st October 2007, 20:36   #972  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

This must be something like the twentiest release in the last few days. I will slow down soon, though. Just doing the necessary bugfixes and then I'll take a little break.

eac3to v1.21 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* bugfix: 2 channel DTS files were not accepted
* added: DTS-ES 6.1 support
* added: DTS-HD High Resolution Matrix 5.1 support
* added: DTS-HD Master Audio 6.1 support
The discrete 6.1 DTS formats only have one additional channel, opposed to LPCM tracks who have two channels (which are identical, though). To keep everything more or less similar, eac3to is doubling the 6th channel, so that 6.1 DTS tracks end up being 7.1. Of course you can use the "-down6" parameter to limit output to 5.1.

If you find any further DTS or DTS-HD tracks which eac3to is still not accepting, please send me a small sample.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:40   #973  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
ok thanks madshi i understand now.
but how to encode to 768k ?
Oh, I see! Currently eac3to doesn't understand what you want. You want to reencode DTS to DTS. eac3to didn't expect that because it always things that you want the max audio quality. However, you can work around that by doing "eac3to source.dts dst.wavs". This will give you 6 mono channels. You can then manually feed them to Surcode for encoding with 768kbps. It's a bit more work to do it this way, but the end result should be fine. You should run the final DTS track through delaycut, though, to remove the zero byte padding Surcode usually applies to DTS encodes.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:57   #974  |  Link
Zelos

Perfect madshi !
thanks for the help.
Old 1st October 2007, 23:47   #975  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
You need to call MPC with the "dub" command line parameter. Otherwise MPC doesn't pick the "flac" file extension up as an external audio track. Using that "dub" parameter you can even feed MPC TrueHD and DTS-HD EVO and M2TS files as external audio tracks!
hm have a lot of trouble with that. tried it now with additional commands "pathname:\filename.mkv /dub pathname:\filename.flac"
but coreflac kept crashing all the time right at the start of mpc. I set it to block, it still kept crashing. I removed it as external filter and set ffdshow audio decoder to active instead, but coreflacdecoder still was active and kept crashing. only when I unregistred the coreflacdecoder.ax file via regdrop it would accept ffdshow as audio renderer. but then it made those funny clicking noises all the time, no normal sound came at all and eventually also crashed.
guess I have to stick to the remuxed .mka file when I want to find out the delay :S
Old 2nd October 2007, 00:14   #976  |  Link
nautilus7

Hi, i tried to convert a 5.1 dts track to mono wavs using tranzcode and eac3to, but each program gave me different size files:

1. eac3to wav (center channel) 1.116.851.756 bytes
2. tranzcode wav (center channel) 1.489.135.660 bytes

Eac3to reports no DiagNorm in the dts and i used the disable DRC option in tranzcode (don't really know if there's any DRC though). Both wavs look identical in Audacity.
Old 2nd October 2007, 02:22   #977  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Hi, i tried to convert a 5.1 dts track to mono wavs using tranzcode and eac3to, but each program gave me different size files:

1. eac3to wav (center channel) 1.116.851.756 bytes
2. tranzcode wav (center channel) 1.489.135.660 bytes

Eac3to reports no DiagNorm in the dts and i used the disable DRC option in tranzcode (don't really know if there's any DRC though). Both wavs look identical in Audacity.
The default output for Tranzcode is 32 bits float per sample, but eac3to seems output 24 bit int. This is the difference in size.

With Tranzcode you can use the parameter /24 to obtain a equivalent output.
Old 2nd October 2007, 07:45   #978  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
hm have a lot of trouble with that. tried it now with additional commands "pathname:\filename.mkv /dub pathname:\filename.flac"
but coreflac kept crashing all the time right at the start of mpc. I set it to block, it still kept crashing. I removed it as external filter and set ffdshow audio decoder to active instead, but coreflacdecoder still was active and kept crashing. only when I unregistred the coreflacdecoder.ax file via regdrop it would accept ffdshow as audio renderer. but then it made those funny clicking noises all the time, no normal sound came at all and eventually also crashed.
guess I have to stick to the remuxed .mka file when I want to find out the delay :S
The CoreFlac filter never worked well for me. Try this one:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...rce_Filter.htm

It works very well. However, it has two problems:

(1) Output is always only 16bit.
(2) Seeking only works in the first 2GB of the FLAC file.

It's still good enough to do syncing, though. When you're done with syncing, you can still mux the final FLAC file into some container to work around the 2 bugs of this filter.
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:34   #979  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
The default output for Tranzcode is 32 bits float per sample, but eac3to seems output 24 bit int. This is the difference in size.

With Tranzcode you can use the parameter /24 to obtain a equivalent output.
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:09   #980  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
The CoreFlac filter never worked well for me. Try this one:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...rce_Filter.htm

It works very well. However, it has two problems:

(1) Output is always only 16bit.
(2) Seeking only works in the first 2GB of the FLAC file.

It's still good enough to do syncing, though. When you're done with syncing, you can still mux the final FLAC file into some container to work around the 2 bugs of this filter.
hm I need some of the last sections for fear & loathing for syncing, so it wont work for me at least for this movie. But I could just mux it into .mka additionally and then sync it from there and then apply the delay to the .flac file and delete the .mka. flac muxed in mka has still exactly the same delay as before, has it? or could there be some differences because of that putting into the container?
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to