Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th December 2017, 21:45   #5841  |  Link
xara

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Why do you have Avisynth plugs in Vdub plugins folder ? (VD plugs have vdf extension).
Oh man... its a long history.
Those quoted are from 10 years ago when I still were working with VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod.
xara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2017, 13:21   #5842  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2800 [L-SMASH Indexer]      improved detection of LSMASH/LWLibav (regression of 2767). bug #899
2799 [OneClick]             fixed PCM handling. bug #900
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2017, 16:29   #5843  |  Link
Zetti

FFmpeg v3.4.1 is released.
Zetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 17:52   #5844  |  Link
Morku

LAME also have a new releasedate (two days ago).
Maybe your Antivirus is fine now with that version? http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php
Morku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 14:33   #5845  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetti View Post
FFmpeg v3.4.1 is released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morku View Post
LAME also have a new releasedate (two days ago).
Maybe your Antivirus is fine now with that version? http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php
Thanks, updated (no issues with AV anymore).
Old 17th December 2017, 16:25   #5846  |  Link
Carlo75

After I have buy some new equipment for playback, I started to encode in x265 some days ago. I record animated series for my kids almost every day and encode them to archive.

I noticed that in x265 tuning the settings are missing, that are in x265 included (see attached pictures). For me the setting "Animation" are important.
So the question is, do you will insert these settings in the x265 tuning? I would be very grateful to you for that.

Greets

Carlo
Attached Images

Carlo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 16:39   #5847  |  Link
tebasuna51

x265 don't have the same tunning than x264, like your image show only are allowed:

-t/--tune <string> Tune the settings for a particular type of source or situation:
psnr, ssim, grain, zerolatency, fastdecode
Old 18th December 2017, 02:33   #5848  |  Link
olmicx

Hi
I have PAL 25.000 FPS Interlaced source. I selected Megui-Source Type: Interlaced, Deinterlace:Yadif. And added this code.

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MeGUI.2767\tools\avisynth_plugin\yadifmod2.dll")
Yadifmod2(order=-1)

Yadifmod2 05.07.2016 version. Do you have a better Deinterlace filter or code for x264? I using AviSynth_260.
Video quality is important for me

Thanks

Last edited by olmicx; 18th December 2017 at 02:43.
olmicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 08:37   #5849  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Yadif is not the worst, are you not satisfied in a specific case? TDeint is not bad either, possibly a bit more elaborate. The top quality deinterlacer today is probably QTGMC, but it's not so easy to maintain all used plugins, and it's not provided via AVS Script Creator in MeGUI, you may have to write such an AviSynth script manually and open it as source.

But do not rely only on MediaInfo reporting an encoding mode flag. Some media is encoded in interlaced mode for different reasons, despite the video content being progressive. Or it may be a result of norm conversions with blending. In both cases, applying a deinterlacer would not be the optimal strategy (either superfluous, or not effective).

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 16:06   #5850  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
it's not provided via AVS Script Creator in MeGUI, you may have to write such an AviSynth script manually and open it as source.
You can write whatever script you want in the AVS Script Creator in the Script tab. IMO all the rest of that autoencode one click nonsense could be removed.
Gser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 16:15   #5851  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Of course, you can type there whatever you know, and even save a new AviSynth template for re-use.

I just mean that QTGMC is not available in the drop list selection of deinterlacers, code wise. You can't use QTGMC in MeGUI only by clicking with the mouse (yet?).

New German Gleitz board
Old 18th December 2017, 18:26   #5852  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmicx View Post
Hi
I have PAL 25.000 FPS Interlaced source. I selected Megui-Source Type: Interlaced, Deinterlace:Yadif. And added this code.

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MeGUI.2767\tools\avisynth_plugin\yadifmod2.dll")
Yadifmod2(order=-1)

Yadifmod2 05.07.2016 version. Do you have a better Deinterlace filter or code for x264? I using AviSynth_260.
Video quality is important for me

Thanks
For a PAL source I've always been pleased with the results using TIVTC's default settings for TFM. It's quite simple:

Code:
LoadPlugin("WhateverPath\TIVTC.dll")
TFM()
Drag your source onto MeGUI and index it. When the "Avisynth script creator" window opens click on the "Filters" tab, then under "Deinterlacing" click on "Analyse" (be sure to tick the box if the source is Anime), then select TIVTC from the drop-down menu.

After this apply any cropping, noise reduction, etc. in the following order (to the best of my knowledge):

Code:
<deinterlace>
<crop>
<denoise>
<resize>
<sharpen>
<deband>
<dither>

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 18th December 2017 at 18:43. Reason: Information... Information
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 18:49   #5853  |  Link
Barough

MKVToolNix v19.0.0 is released
https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/NEWS.md
https://mkvtoolnix.download/windows/releases/19.0.0/
Barough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 18:59   #5854  |  Link
LeMoi

It looks like there's a regression in latest build, when opening an m2ts file, I cannot choose a single m2ts anymore, the File Indexer automatically loads an mpls without even letting me choose, I cannot cancel and keep opening the m2ts file alone like I did in the previous builds
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 19:04   #5855  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
You can write whatever script you want in the AVS Script Creator in the Script tab. IMO all the rest of that autoencode one click nonsense could be removed.
I'm with you; I never could figure out the One Click Encoder . I've found having a couple dozen templates covering various types of video much simpler; choose the template for, for example, "DVD[NTSC(Hybrid=1)]", then open the script with Notepad++ (with the user defined language "AVISynth") and adjust any necessary cropping-resizing-denoising settings. Batch the videos, batch the audios, then batch them together with MKVToolNix.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 18th December 2017 at 19:20. Reason: Info
Old 18th December 2017, 19:30   #5856  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
Different users, different use cases. I myself use mainly OneClick as for me(!) it is the best way to process my files.
But in general good point, maybe it is worth to think about to remove AutoEncode in favor of OneClick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoi View Post
It looks like there's a regression in latest build, when opening an m2ts file, I cannot choose a single m2ts anymore, the File Indexer automatically loads an mpls without even letting me choose, I cannot cancel and keep opening the m2ts file alone like I did in the previous builds
It does work for me (using 2800). I select a M2TS file, playlist opens and I click on cancel - m2ts only selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
Thanks, downloading it right now.
Old 18th December 2017, 20:13   #5857  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
For a PAL source I've always been pleased with the results using TIVTC's default settings for TFM.
That surprises me a lot. What does TFM do on its own, beyond helping TIVTC finding the Telecine pattern? And PAL does not have a 3:2 Telecine at all, that's only valid for the NTSC/Film relation.

Would it also help reverting a 25:24 pulldown of a choppy half-second norm conversion? And does it have any meaning for a real PAL interlaced TV recording?
_

P.S.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
... then open the script with Notepad++ (with the user defined language "AVISynth") ...
VDubFilterMod has an integrated script editor too. Unfortunately the syntax highlighting appears to be rather basic, not analyzing the available function set of the AviSynth installation. Might be a valid Feature Request to make the highlighting more customizable?!

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 18th December 2017 at 20:23.
Old 18th December 2017, 22:44   #5858  |  Link
LeMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
It does work for me (using 2800). I select a M2TS file, playlist opens and I click on cancel - m2ts only selected.
I have 2800 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE SERVER.
I have a folder with full Blu-Ray Structure.
I launch the File indexer and choose the main m2ts file.

Then I have this screen

I can only wait, there's no choosing mpls file window, I can't do anything but wait, then the screen turns into this:

Without clicking on anything, it automatically opened the 00100 mpls file...
Did I do something wrong?
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 00:25   #5859  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
That surprises me a lot. What does TFM do on its own, beyond helping TIVTC finding the Telecine pattern? And PAL does not have a 3:2 Telecine at all, that's only valid for the NTSC/Film relation.

Would it also help reverting a 25:24 pulldown of a choppy half-second norm conversion? And does it have any meaning for a real PAL interlaced TV recording?
I live in NTSCland, so I've only ever encountered a couple PAL sources, always DVD's. These rare instances I've followed the TIVTC recommendations:

Code:
 PAL Cases:

1.) PAL, no decimation (just field matching)
         mpeg2source("c:\oursource.d2v")
         tfm(d2v="c:\oursource.d2v")
and the results have been fine. However, it seems perhaps these are simply instances where my ignorance has gone unpunished .

Quote:
VDubFilterMod has an integrated script editor too. Unfortunately the syntax highlighting appears to be rather basic, not analyzing the available function set of the AviSynth installation. Might be a valid Feature Request to make the highlighting more customizable?!
I find Notepad++ with the AVISynth user defined language very useful. Maybe you could borrow the syntax highlighting from it for VDubFilterMod?
Old 19th December 2017, 00:52   #5860  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Instead, I would prefer the AVSMeter method: Request a list of available functions from the used AviSynth.dll; but I am not one of its programmers.

New German Gleitz board