Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st October 2003, 02:48   #21  |  Link

Tell me how you created the input to Decomb and also post your AVS script. Did you for example use DVD2AVI with force film enabled? Decomb should not cause a shortening of the movie length. Something is wrong with your process.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2003, 10:54   #22  |  Link
Crazyjoe
Elvis Imitator

After reading some posts about hybrid NTSC clips on the forum I first checked the clip with DVD2AVI. It was mainly FILM, about 88%. Therefore I did not check "Forced Film" and made the project file. I checked the video with virtual dub. It turned out to be telecined. So I wrote that Avisynth script according to the helpfile of Decomb:

Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\AVISynth 2.5\Decomb500.DLL")
LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\AVISynth 2.5\MPEGDecoder.DLL")
MPEGsource("F:\Ripps\THX - Wow.d2v")
ConvertToYUY2()
Telecide(guide=1,order=1)
Decimate(mode=3,threshold=1.0)
ConvertFPS(25)
BilinearResize(720,576)
The original clip has a running time of 08:06,00. After processing the script the PAL clip had a duration of 07:46,00. Because I couldn't get the audio to be synched, I tried some other ways.

I also tried TMPEG. Made inversed telecined (both ways: 24fps smoothness prioritized and 24fps motion prioritized) and with 25fps for the destination video. This time the PAL clip had the same duration as the NTSC original and the audio also fit, but the video was choppy which was extremely noticeable in fast motion scenes.

I also tried to do only decomb with avisynth and change the framerate afterwards with VirtualDub. That had also the effect, that the final PAL clip played absolutely smooth, but was 20 seconds shorter and I couldn't get audio in sync.
Crazyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2003, 12:52   #23  |  Link

Your problem is that you used the MPEGDecoder.dll. It does not handle RFF flags and is good only for PAL. You must use MPEG2DEC3.dll. This is documented in the requirements section of the Decomb manual.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2003, 20:22   #24  |  Link
Crazyjoe
Elvis Imitator

@ neuron2

You were right. It was the Plugin. Now the conversion worked perfect! Thanks a lot!
Crazyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2003, 11:30   #25  |  Link
Kika

Using ConvertFPS(25) instead of AssumeFPS(25) does not make sense (imho).
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote