Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 26th April 2009, 10:42   #2441  |  Link
phate89

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I can't do anything. If you upload a sample somewhere - I'll download it and will take a look.
i send the link with a part (33 sec) of my video in a pvt message..let me know something
phate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 13:20   #2442  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

CalcIT author dhmk (Dimitris Klaras) updated the core library (calclib.dll) this morning to address the issue with Windows DEP protection.

Download the updated DLL here (600kb) and replace it in all your tools (multiAVCHD, popBD, uncropMKV).

It will be included in all full downloads.
Old 26th April 2009, 22:57   #2443  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Has anyone had luck in saving down Apple HD movie trailers in the MOV files and then using multiAVCHD to convert these to something playable on standalones like the Panasonic BD players?

I know that some of those trailers are in odd resolutions (i.e. 1280x544) and maybe it requires use of uncropMKV before inputing into multiAVCHD. But with a 544 resolution it looks like the widescreen black borders have been cropped so do they need to get added back and what tool?

I ask now because I have always wanted to watch these trailers on a big screen TV rather than a computer and with mutliAVCHD now offering AAC to AC3 conversion, this should work, I think. But, when I try with the MOV file I have as is, it fails to create any stream file and the multiAVCHD log gives me warnings that tsmuxer probably failed due to bad input file.

Are there any special settings needed to be checked in multiAVCHD to get it to work or some pre-processing to the MOV file?
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 23:01   #2444  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Try to rename your .mov file to .mp4 and try again.
Old 26th April 2009, 23:11   #2445  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Quote:
Try to rename your .mov file to .mp4 and try again.
Okay, that worked in producing a stream, but the stream is still 1280x544 so it probably won't work in the BD player since its a non-compliant resolution, but I will give it a go.

Also, eac3to in logs said did not succeed in converting the audio track so it moved onto using ffmpeg. Odd because I have multiAVCHD pointed to the lastest eac3to directory and the Nero AAC command-line files are in the eac3to directory also. Maybe its my Comodo HIPs getting in the way.
Old 26th April 2009, 23:18   #2446  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Hi all, Dean just accomplished getting Panasonic SDHC support working this weekend in multiAVCHD. The feature set is everything we would need, but there are some extras he can still add, but if these are something that you want then you should donate and give him some incentive to work on them as not everyone will want these. I have already donated in appreciation for this support of SDHC features, but I am only one of 5 donators in the 20 he really wanted so that he could purchase a BD player for easier testing. So if you want some features like this here that I requested, then make sure to donate.

Great work Dean on the SDHC support and many Thanks!
Old 26th April 2009, 23:34   #2447  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post
Okay, that worked in producing a stream, but the stream is still 1280x544 so it probably won't work in the BD player..

Also, eac3to in logs said did not succeed in converting the audio track so it moved onto using ffmpeg.
Give it a try... NC resolutions will either work or not at all... Nothing can be done unless they're reencoded.

About eac3to... it happens to fail with mov files, that's why I triple-backed it with mplayer and ffmpeg. One of them 3 should do the work
Old 27th April 2009, 00:21   #2448  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

I notice when creating AVCHD for DVD its not creating the CERTIFICATE folder anymore. I believe my Panasonic BD30 requires it and it was always produced before.

Quote:
UPDATE:
Without this CERTIFICATE folder AVCHD DVDs are no longer playable on the Panasonic BD30, says disk is incompatible, Dean?

Last edited by jfcarbel; 27th April 2009 at 00:47.
Old 27th April 2009, 00:51   #2449  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

There is an option in Settings - [x] Stricter AVCHD folder mode... you need to uncheck it.

And it is good to read the guide/tutorial sometimes, too

Probably your settings got reset by some of the previous builds when this Panasonic message would pop-up on loading.

Last edited by deank; 27th April 2009 at 00:59.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 00:58   #2450  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Quote:
Give it a try... NC resolutions will either work or not at all... Nothing can be done unless they're reencoded.

About eac3to... it happens to fail with mov files, that's why I triple-backed it with mplayer and ffmpeg. One of them 3 should do the work
Nope, tried it on the SDHC card and all it played was the audio and video was blank. I was able to reencode using the below and it looks great and works great on an SDHC card.

Try this to get Apple trailer clips to work an standalones:

Requires QuickTime Pro:

If the video resolution shown at the bottom of the dialog box is EXACTLY 1920x1080 or 1280x720, then all is great, and you can skip steps but most have odd resolutions like 1280x544 or 1920x804

1. Select Export... menu
- Choose "Movie to MPEG-4"
- then click "Options..." button and see steps 2 and 3 below

2. Under Video Format,
- leave File Format as "MP4"
- change Video format to "H.264"
- Image Size select either 1920x1080 or 1280x720
- check "preserve aspect ratio" and make sure "Letterbox" is selected.
- Under framerate, select "current"
- change bitrate to something more appropriate for HD video anywhere - from 8000-10000

3. Under Audio Format,
- choose pass through

4. click Ok, then Save and wait, then you will have a proper input file for multiAVCHD

NOTE: Your video won't be scaled but the video will have to be reencoded to add the black letterbox bars to create an HD resolution image. If you want to do a multipass reencode for higher quality at the cost of additional encoding time, select the "Video options" button, and change the encoding mode to "Best Quality (Multi-pass)"

If you try this let me know how it works, I have only tried this on about 4 trailers but all worked great.

Last edited by jfcarbel; 27th April 2009 at 01:04.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:02   #2451  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Quote:
There is an option in Settings - [x] Stricter AVCHD folder mode... you need to uncheck it.

And it is good to read the guide/tutorial sometimes, too
Sorry, I read the tutorial and made all the settings awhile ago. So it works and I forget what I had set everything too. What happens is when there is a full update, settings get lost. Memory is not as good as what it used to be

I tried once saving my ini file and always putting it back after a full install but it would sometimes reject it.

I will create a notes.txt file and keep it in the root so I don't forget next time.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:04   #2452  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Full updates (any updates) should not affect the settings (unless you're 20 builds behind). But a problem with a build betwen 540 and 543 made them reset unintentionally...

Build 547:

Mixed 4:3 / 16:9 MKV files are properly processed based on mkvinfo Display width/height info.
Panasonic SDHC option will not be unchecked on loading.
Warning pop-up for Panasonic is also gone.
Editor tab is now always visible. (Menu Tab will only show when you select an option to create a menu, thou)

And I'll call it a day... More to come

Last edited by deank; 27th April 2009 at 01:12.
Old 27th April 2009, 02:04   #2453  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Quote:
About eac3to... it happens to fail with mov files, that's why I triple-backed it with mplayer and ffmpeg.
Dean, on my machine I get like 6 annoying popups about disk write errors when it tries to use eac3to. Not sure if its just related to MOV files only since I don't have much else to test it against. But wondering, if you can add a checkbox - "Always use other audio encode options, not eac3to" or something like that and with that checked it will use the other tools instead.

Unfortunately if I leave eac3to unchecked, for MOV file processing it will not default to the backup mplayer and ffmpeg and no stream gets created. Maybe a better solution is if MOV file is being processed and eac3to is not checked then just go ahead and use the others for AAC to AC3 conversion.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:15   #2454  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Unbelievable. Hats off to deank !
547 builds and 1540 posts in 116days.
I am so impressed, here comes my 50 € donation.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 11:17   #2455  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Thanks!
Old 27th April 2009, 13:01   #2456  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 548:

A serious bug with subtitles/video height/width when processing MKV files is fixed (introduced in build 545-546 - sorry).

[AVCHD for USB/SDHC/MS] and [AVCHD for DVD-R] buttons will now produce AVCHD compliant INDEX/CLPI/MPLS files - all will include the required Extended Data (IDEX/CLEX/PLEX).

Please someone with Panasonic/Samsung test if your players will play:

[AVCHD for DVD-R] output with [x] Stricter AVCHD folder mode checked (i.e. without CERTIFICATE/AUXDATA and all other non-AVCHD folders).

Dean

NB!: Be advised that using BDedit with multiAVCHD index/playlist files will BREAK them and may render output unusable!

A lot of build updates this afternoon... sorry. Latest is 549.

Last edited by deank; 27th April 2009 at 14:31.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:12   #2457  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 550:

For Panasonic SDHC mode:

You can now import previous AVCHD folders:

* normal multiAVCHD compilations
* Panasonic SDHC output type compilations
* Blu-ray BDMV folders, or
* Camcoder AVCHD structures.

Old 28th April 2009, 13:02   #2458  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 552:

* When importing AVCHD folders they will be identified by MAKER:
-- Sony
-- Panasonic
-- Canon
-- JVC
-- Nero
-- multiAVCHD
-- multiAVCHD for Panasonic TV
-- Blu-ray disc
-- or unknown (software product).
... and message is shown in the log tab.

* Fixed CPI/CLPI processing when importing AVCHD from camcoder (wrongly set resolution value).

* Reports show that [AVCHD for DVD-R] output from multiAVCHD
can be written to a DVD disc and played in BD players without the need
to put unneeded extra folders CERTIFICATE/AUXDATA/etc. which were used
to trick the player. Always use [x] Stricter AVCHD folder mode in Settings tab!

* I receive a lot of emails confirming that Panasonic SDHC output plays fine
in various models of SDHC-equipped Blu-ray players.
Panasonic TVs seem to refuse to play via SDHC at the moment.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 29th April 2009 at 11:59.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:10   #2459  |  Link
jsffm

Hi,

first of all, an excelent program!

Following problem I had in the beginning of working with this program:

If I add a video with mp2-audio for automatic transcoding to ac3 and there are more than 1 audio-tracks inside, only the first audio-track is ok, all others are missing. Workaround for me: transcoding to ac3 before adding.
I didnīt see any changes for this issue in the changelog, so I guess the problem still exist.

One wish for the future:

Feeding the program with elementary streams. This is already impelemented for ac3-files, what I miss are m2v-files (video-only) and mp2-files.

Congratulations for this program.
jsffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 14:22   #2460  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Does mediainfo provide correct information when processing m2v? multiAVCHD already supports .264 elementary stream and I can easily add .m2v. MP2 audio probably will not be added.

I added m2v support. Just run multiUPDATE.exe and try with *.m2v and *.ac3 to see what will happen.

Last edited by deank; 28th April 2009 at 14:27.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author