Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd February 2002, 15:47   #1  |  Link
cid

american pie 2 help

im having a problem with ap2, it will play on my pc but not my settop or my ps2,
this is how i ripped it
i ripped the whole movie to my hd then i reencoded the main movie with rempeg to a lower bitrate then i remuxed it back with the orginal movie and striped out unwanted lang. with ifoedit, corrected all the vobu pointers made it region free, made sure all the files were in CAPS then used windvd to test and works perfect, i used record now max to burn it burned ok, after burned it works perfect on my pc, in my ps2 it boots up gets to the fbi warning and says unable to read disc, on my standalone it boots up and skips the menu and goes straight to the movie and plays about 10sec. and the freezs,
i know that this is the problem it shouldnt skip my menu, it doesnt on my pc, any help would be appreciated
thanks
cid
i know this is my first post so give me some slack
cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2002, 13:34   #2  |  Link
cid

anyone
cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2002, 16:12   #3  |  Link
Derrow

I've heard many people now having problems with AP2.

Many strange things happen on backing up this movie.
But since I don't have it, I don't have a clue how to solve all the problems.
We have to wait until it will be released as Region 2 version, then I can get it, and will have a look at it.
Derrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2002, 20:20   #4  |  Link
Roveer

Why did you re-encode it?

I was able to RIP AP2 with SmartRipper, strip everthing but the main movie and AC3 soundtrack and it was under 4.33gb. I used IfoEdit to fix it up and burned it to DVD-R. Plays just fine in my settop player. Took me all of an hour. Do you really want all that 'extra' junk that bad? I looked at it and it was crap. The 'gag reel' was such poor quality (lower bitrate), it was almost unwatchable, and who the heck needs to see the trailer? Get the movie, strip it, ifoedit it and burn it then WATCH IT!

Roveer
Roveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2002, 19:29   #5  |  Link
talman

What Roveer said!

No problems here with backing up just the movie--dvddecrypter to hard drive, ifoedit, done!
talman is offline   Reply With Quote