Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 7th January 2009, 19:53   #5581  |  Link
Casimir666

I suppose a lot of people are waiting to test Beliyaal patch, so you can download a test build from thoses links (patch is not included in SVN yet)

32 bits :
http://www.zshare.net/download/538107912316050a/

64 bits :
http://www.zshare.net/download/53810877dc0daac4/

@Beliyaal
Good job for the ProcessHdmvLPCM fix, i have scratch my head a long time to fix the 24 bits bug without success (wasn't looking at the right place...)
Old 7th January 2009, 20:17   #5582  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
I suppose a lot of people are waiting to test Beliyaal patch, so you can download a test build from thoses links (patch is not included in SVN yet)

32 bits :

64 bits :

@Beliyaal
Good job for the ProcessHdmvLPCM fix, i have scratch my head a long time to fix the 24 bits bug without success (wasn't looking at the right place...)
With this build DVDs seem to work again using Haali's Renderer. Is this intended or just luck?

Last edited by sneaker_ger; 7th January 2009 at 20:21.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:25   #5583  |  Link
rack04

Are the Matroska and Ogg souce filters stable enough to use or should I continue to us Haali Media Splitter?

Also, what should the renderer under filters say when it's connected to Haali Renderer? Mine says "Video Renderer" and this is the filter properties:

Last edited by rack04; 7th January 2009 at 20:37.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:49   #5584  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

Casimir666,

Would it be a good idea if someone (non-programmer) took the role of project manager.
You would still have the end vote in everything, but this person could take care of making sure all the bug/feature request reports are added to the bug/feature trackers.

This same person would keep the bug/feature tracker clean and give everything priorities/groups/assignee's and so forth.

This way you can focus your time on the long term goals, reviewing code others submit and coding yourself.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:59   #5585  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:

32 bits :

64 bits :

@Beliyaal
What are the specific changes in this build? Can you explain the different graph lines in Display Stats, and why even the red one is different from the non patched build? 1080i50 and 1080i60 Blu-ray content stutters like hell with 75Hz refresh rate, it's like 2 times each second one already displayed frame is displayed again. Well it's more like 2 times each second a frame moves to the right, and the next one is back in place. Weird. Seeking is way slower than before. 24p content goes in little jumps, following the jumps of the graph lines, same with 30p. The only mode that works flawlessly is obviously 25p.

On a side note, if you're going to merge all those patches discussed in this thread I think it should be done one by one, with the proper testing of each one to see if there are problems.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 7th January 2009 at 21:39.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:21   #5586  |  Link
flanger216

Holy crap, it's smooth as silk for me. Great job! I've only found a couple issues:

When using ffdshow, seeking causes major problems... looks almost like everything is losing sync, so the video stutters like crazy and you get repeating frames. This also happens if you tic the 'Set Interlace Flag in Output Media Type' option under ffdshow's output settings.

Otherwise, perfect. I've had jitter/judder/smoothness problems on this machine since day one, and now they're finally all gone. Sweet.

Oh, and should we still be using the 'Lock Back-Buffer' feature in MPC-HC, or is that now unnecessary?
Old 7th January 2009, 21:23   #5587  |  Link
flanger216

And one request: since FLAC support has been added, is there any chance for WavPack support as well?
Old 7th January 2009, 21:53   #5588  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanger216 View Post
Holy crap, it's smooth as silk for me. Great job! I've only found a couple issues:

When using ffdshow, seeking causes major problems... looks almost like everything is losing sync, so the video stutters like crazy and you get repeating frames. This also happens if you tic the 'Set Interlace Flag in Output Media Type' option under ffdshow's output settings.

Otherwise, perfect. I've had jitter/judder/smoothness problems on this machine since day one, and now they're finally all gone. Sweet.

Oh, and should we still be using the 'Lock Back-Buffer' feature in MPC-HC, or is that now unnecessary?
Removing the 'Set Interlace Flag in Output Media Type' option fixes the stuttering indeed. Seeking slowness is still there. I'm now testin at 60Hz and with 24p content there is a little but obvious at the same time audio desync. Judder is as present as always.
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:54   #5589  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
now I'm getting some tearing on the very top of the screen in custom VMR9 on XP SP3, which I definitely don't get with your versions

also seeking a number of times with a 23.976 MKV in 48.000Hz doesn't give a stable 24.000fps like your versions....it's constantly oscillating between 23.99x & 24.00x :

anyhow I'm not sure these fixes were supposed to help support Reclock....and HR still works fine so nvm

I've given this build to duckyy from HCFR(who was constantly getting the seeking deadlock with Reclock+HR), we'll let you guys know if it's fixed for good
Old 7th January 2009, 22:02   #5590  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:

32 bits :

64 bits :

@Beliyaal
YES ! FINALLY VC-1 IN M2TS IT'S WORKING !

THANKS !
Old 7th January 2009, 22:02   #5591  |  Link
wOxxOm
Oz of the zOo

since this is a popular MPCHC thread...
Am I the only one who misses these in MPCHC like a cut hand:
  1. AUTO-RELOAD OF SUBTITLE UPON FILE-MODIFICATION is detected (like VobSub's checkbox)
  2. DEFAULT LANGUAGE FOR non-DVD SUBTITLES (e.g. exactly like Haali's: eng,rus)
  3. DEFAULT LANGUAGE FOR non-DVD AUDIO
  4. SHORTCUT for DefaultSubtitleStyle
  5. and btw, it's a about year since Ctrl-D (open DVD) is broken and does not automatically open the DVD if only one (drive/disc) is present. Instead it shows a filebox AND EVEN DOES NOT expand the first DVD drive in the system or MyComputer at the very least! (I know winapi's SHBrowseForFolder may be taught to do it by defining a simple callback, 1-5 lines of code).
thousands of subbers would be happy!

Last edited by wOxxOm; 7th January 2009 at 22:04. Reason: found a hokey for reloadsubtitle, I'm stupid bitch ^_^
Old 7th January 2009, 22:10   #5592  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Are the Matroska and Ogg souce filters stable enough to use or should I continue to us Haali Media Splitter?
Haali Media Splitter is still the best choice.
Quote:
And one request: since FLAC support has been added, is there any chance for WavPack support as well?
Use CoreWavPack. It is free and way better than anything MPC could offer (because WavPack support is incomplete in FFmpeg).
Old 7th January 2009, 22:38   #5593  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I already know what SPDIFER is, that was not my question. Don't output to SPDIF and you'll probably discover that things start working again. Why stream switching doesn't work with SPDIF? I don't know, I don't have a receiver myself.
At this point, would you say the problem is in MPC-HC or in Haali Splitter ? (The problem being that different filters are not loaded when the audio stream is changed in Haali Splitter.)
Old 7th January 2009, 22:41   #5594  |  Link
Rille

[QUOTE=Casimir666;1233718]I suppose a lot of people are waiting to test Beliyaal patch, so you can download a test build from thoses links (patch is not included in SVN yet)

32 bits :

64 bits :
QUOTE]

I'm using Reclock to speed up to 25fps as my TV's will only handle 50/60Hz correctly.

Using this version with Vista/EVR/DXVA i get alot more stutter in nonD3D. Using D3Dfullscreen it's just perfect I get a nice flat line in stats and it's smooth as silk. I do however get that same constant tear at the top of the screen as leeperry.

Edit: Using a Radeon HD3450 running on 2:nd monitor.

Last edited by Rille; 8th January 2009 at 13:59.
Old 7th January 2009, 22:51   #5595  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
At this point, would you say the problem is in MPC-HC or in Haali Splitter ? (The problem being that different filters are not loaded when the audio stream is changed in Haali Splitter.)
Hard to say. It is probably more a general DirectShow issue.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:00   #5596  |  Link
Casimir666

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
now I'm getting some tearing on the very top of the screen in custom VMR9 on XP SP3, which I definitely don't get with your versions
I have heavy tearing on XP too, but I think to know where it came from (will do some more tests on this subject next week end).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
What are the specific changes in this build? Can you explain the different graph lines in Display Stats, and why even the red one is different from the non patched build?
Look first Beliyaal post he explain all changes. Blue line represent audio jitter.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:23   #5597  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Mixed results with the new build for me. I'm playing back on a monitor that can only at 60Hz, and I'm not using Reclock.

As others have found, VC1 in M2TS containers is playing back perfectly (in previous builds it was massively jerky).

However, with M2TS containing H264, I'm finding that every five seconds or so, the movie goes into fast forward for roughly a quarter of a second. It's not a jump, just a speed up, as if the difference in movie and display framrates is being dealt with every few seconds instead of being spread over all the frames. This doesn't happen on the older builds.

BBBR
Old 8th January 2009, 00:30   #5598  |  Link
Jay Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
YES ! FINALLY VC-1 IN M2TS IT'S WORKING !

THANKS !
Is that interlaced VC-1? Or was there another problem?

EDIT: just tested, no, interlaced VC-1 still doesn't work.

Last edited by Jay Bee; 8th January 2009 at 00:34.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:33   #5599  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager

I tested the new build.

this is WinXP SP2 with VMR9 renderless fullscreen exclusive mode

Case 1:
Built in decoder, ffdshow for audio and haali splitter.
VC1 with E-AC3 mkv remux with SRT subs.

Seeking is instantanious, both video and audio play directly, just 1 garbled frame.
Subs lag for about 5 seconds before showing after seek, but this happens in the older build too.

although there are still random mini-looping frames and macroblocks the problem is much less than with the old build.

Case 2:
Built in decoder, ffdshow for audio (did not check the splitter).
Bluray m2ts file, main movie, h264.

Extreme macroblocking and mini looping, video is completely unwatchable (with the old build it happens from time to time during scene changes)
Heavy tearing in the top half of the screen even in fullscreen exclusive mode

These bugs also occur in the old build and the new build:
Subtitles where selectable but did not show at all.
If i try to change the audio stream the screen goes black and i have to exit and restart mplayerc (which means i cannot choose the other track).

---------------------------

The EXTREME difference in macroblocking behaviour for both VC1 and h264 seem to prove that we're going in the right direction with these fixes. We're just not there yet.
Old 8th January 2009, 01:25   #5600  |  Link
Jay Bee

Question: is there a way to get a standalone version of the "LPCM Audio Decoder"? I can't find any other DirectShow decoder that handles all LPCM lossless BDs but it doesn't seem to be included in the MPC standalone filers pack.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc