Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 23rd September 2008, 14:20   #2041  |  Link
kaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
I've come across something strange, and i want to ask if somebody knows what's up ...

But now the strange thing: When i cancel the operation, and for example end up with a 2 GB M2TS and make that into a BD5, the resulting BD5 plays fine after burning. But when I let the whole operation finish and make the complete 4,35 GiB BD5 & burn that, my player says "unsupported".

I've come up with the idea that it might be that somehow only smaller M2TS-files with DTS-MA will work. So this evening i'll try and see if a BD5 with 2 * 2,175 GiB M2TS-files will work (hopefully the split-option on tsMuxeR works correctly on blu-ray; I've seen that it splits, and creates different M2TS in the STREAM-directory, but I havent tested it yet to see if it makes a working playlist).

Any ideas / suggestions, or is it a error in the players firmware ?
It might be a 64bit adressing thing, though theoretically this should not happen with a Transport Stream. I know the PS3 has that with MP4, it can't play MP4s beyond 4GB (though it does work with AVI, m2ts and probably VOB, too)...
kaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:23   #2042  |  Link
kaid

Anyone ever got tsmuxers BD mux option to work with 1080i?
I tried it with 3 different 1080is, all with 50fps (25fps non-interlaced), and I would always get the black screen of death (what's up with that anyway? PS3 needs to be power-cycled to get out of there? wtf?)
1080i@50 should be supported according to the spec!...

720p and 1080p AVCHDs play fine (as long as they don't have 25fps)...
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:27   #2043  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaid View Post
It might be a 64bit adressing thing, though theoretically this should not happen with a Transport Stream. I know the PS3 has that with MP4, it can't play MP4s beyond 4GB (though it does work with AVI, m2ts and probably VOB, too)...
Strange isn't it ? Especially because it only happens with DTS-MA files, on all other BD's i make there is no problem with filesize; Even if it is > 7 or 8 Gb (or much larger).

But i'm gonna investigate further !
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:55   #2044  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Strange isn't it ? Especially because it only happens with DTS-MA files, on all other BD's i make there is no problem with filesize; Even if it is > 7 or 8 Gb (or much larger).

But i'm gonna investigate further !
Found the solution; Somehow booktype setting of my DVD-RW's was off ... on DVD-RW. Booktype has to be set to DVD-ROM for it to work.

Havent got a clue what happened, might be that IMGBurn is the culprit; Si8nce i've upgraded i've had a few " hangs" after burning a DVD, but what happened/is the problem .. havent got a clue especially because there was no problem on smaller files. But my problem is solved now

Last edited by G_M_C; 23rd September 2008 at 17:57.
Old 24th September 2008, 11:57   #2045  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaid View Post
Anyone ever got tsmuxers BD mux option to work with 1080i?
I've burned 1080@30i MPEG-2 video on BD-R[E] and it plays just fine on PS3. But TsMuxer don't properly (for PS3 (and imho for other stand-alone blu-ray players)) mux interlaced MPEG-2 videos, as I reported in this thread many posts earlier. I successfully muxed it with sonic scenarist.
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 15:52   #2046  |  Link
rdk

http://www.smlabs.net/tsMuxer/tsMuxeR_1.8.8(b).zip
rdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 16:18   #2047  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

great!

does the readme contain a changelog? I don't speak russian
Old 26th September 2008, 16:52   #2048  |  Link
yonta

No changelog?

OK, one thing I can tell is that the bug with a True-HD track has not been fixed!
yonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 17:05   #2049  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
great!

does the readme contain a changelog? I don't speak russian

Google translation.

Quote:
Translation: Russian » English
How to use myukserom from the command line:

We need to create a file with the extension. Meta. This file lists the files you want to smyuksit in TS.

The first line of meta file can be specified additional parameters that apply to all tracks.

In this case the line should begin with the words MUXOPT.

The following line indicates a list of tracks and their parameters.

The format is as follows:

<Code Name "," title "," More options>

More options list separated by commas. For each parameter indicates the name and value.

Example META file:

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, D: \ media \ test \ stream.h264, fps = 25

A_AC3, D: \ media \ test \ stream.ac3, timeshift =- 10000ms

In this example, occurs myuksing one way audio format AC3 and one videodorogi format H264.

Additional parameters of audio and video tracks:

fps - to videodorozhek and tracks with sabtitrami can clearly define the importance fps (see example above). If fps is not specified, he nachityvaetsya of flux.

level - allows you to overwrite the field level in the flow of H264. For example, you can change the profile High@5.1 to High@4.1.

Note that only updates the title. H264 flow can not meet the requirements

a lower level.

insertSEI - parameter is used only for the video H.264. When activated, it prosihodit the following: if the original video does not contain

Information SEI picture timing and SEI buffering period, then the info is added to the stream. This option is recommended

for better compatibility with the device Sony Playstation 3.

contSPS - parameter is used only for the video H.264. When you switch the setting, if the original video contains no cyclical repetitive

elements SPS / PPS (with imports from MKV it can be recorded only once at the beginning of the file), the SPS / PPS will be further inserted into a stream

before each key personnel. We recommend that you always include this option.

Note: For x264 flows videopleyer Dune HD can not decode re-SPS component, perhaps this is an error in the current firmware player.

delPulldown - for videodorozhek. Harvesting of the track tag pulldown. Attention! When you switch the setting delPulldown usually require input

new value fps, different values than in the stream. For example, if the flow fps 29.97, after the inclusion delPulldown require

put fps = 23.976.

timeshift - For audio tracks, and tracks with sabtitrami supported setting timeshift, may be more or less than zero.

Value for timeshift set in milliseconds (at the end should be ms) or in seconds (at the end of the letter s). This option

allows audio track in time to move forward (positive value) or backward.

down-to-dts - available only to track DTS-HD. Makes conversion DTS-HD in the standard DTS.

down-to-ac3 - is only available for tracks TRUE-HD c AC3 inside the nucleus (usually written on the Blu-ray discs).

track - starting with version 0.9.96 an opportunity to refer to the track behind other containers. In this case, you must indicate

track number inside the container.

mplsFile - a reference to the MPLS file, which the media file is the current track. This information allows a more accurate

handle joints files in the performance of the operation (append). The option is only available for tracks that are

inside M2TS files. As a value indicates the number MPLS file. For example: mplsFile = 00048. The file is searched on

Media file folders in subdirectories. / .. / PLAYLIST and. / .. / BACKUP / PLAYLIST.

When you combine a large number of files with Blu-ray Disc (10 and over), recommended that

option. If you do not enable this option and the Blu-ray disc used playlist with connection_condition = 5, at every junction of

will accumulate desync audio / video sabtitrov about 17ms (from 0 to the length of the audio frame the current track).

This option is automatically filled in the GUI when you open a file MPLS.

Settings for text sabtitrov SRT:

video-width - the width of the video in pixels

video-height - the height of the video in pixels

fps - fps video

bottom-offset - depart from the lower edge while displaying text.

font-name - the name of the font used in quotes

font-color - font color, for example, 0x00FFFFFF. Color can be introduced in hexadecimal or decimal form.

font-size - the font size

font-italic - displaying text, with an inclination

font-bold - bold display text

font-underline - underlined text

font-strikeout - crossed the text

In sabtitrah SRT also supported by the following text tags, the syntax and parameters which coincide with HTML:

<b>, <i>, <u>, <strike>, <font>. The font size default 3 (size of font-size dpi).

For example:

<b> <font size=5 color="deepskyblue" name="Arial"> <u> Test </ u> <font size= 4 color="#806040"> colored </ font> text </ font> < / b>

Supported containers:

- TS/M2TS/MTS

- EVO / VOB / MPG

- MKV

- MPLS (Blu-ray media play list file)

For a track number, run: tsMuxer <container file name>.

To start myuksera need to open the windows terminal, far or other file manager and type:

tsMuxer <meta name of the file> <TS file name>

Names of codecs in the meta file:

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC - H264

V_MS/VFW/WVC1 - VC1

V_MPEG-2 - MPEG2

A_AC3 - DD (AC3) / DD (E-AC3) / True HD (True HD only tracks with AC3 core inside).

A_AAC - AAC

A_DTS - DTS / DTS-HD

A_MP3 - MPEG audio layer 1/2/3

A_LPCM - raw pcm data or PCM WAVE file

S_HDMV / PGS - sabtitry format Presentation Graphic Stream.

S_TEXT/UTF8 - sabtitry format SRT. The text file should be in unicode. Any formats: UTF-8, UTF-16 (little-endoan,

big-endian), UTF-32 (little-endian, big-endian).

More options myuksera in line MUXOPT.

The parameters of this group vliyat the entire flow as a whole, rather than on a separate track. Options are listed through the gap.

- pcr-on-video-pid - did not provide a separate PID for PCR, and use an existing video PID.

- new-audio-pes - use bytes 0xfd instead 0xbd to track AC3, True-HD, DTS and DTS-HD. This is in line with standard Blu-ray.

-vbr - to use variable bitrate

- minbitrate = xxxx - sets the lower limit vbr bitrate. If the stream is a smaller number of bytes will be inserted NULL packets

for avoiding flow to the correct lane.

- maxbitrate = xxxx - the upper limit vbr bitrate.

- cbr - myuksinga regime with a fixed bitrate. Options - vbr and - cbr should not be used together.

- vbv-len - the length of the virtual buffer in milliseconds. The default value is 500. Typically, this option is used in conjunction with - cbr.

The parameter is similar to the value of vbv-buffer-size coder in the x264, but is set not in kilobitah, and in milliseconds (with constant bitrate

they can be counted at each other). If you are self-encoded file in the x264 in constant bitrate, for more

smooth broadcasting file in the network are encouraged to make the same (or less) this setting than in the x264. When the virtual overflow

buffer in the log will withdraw the relevant error.

- bitrate = xxxx - bitrate for the regime myuksinga fixed bitrate.

Values - maxbitrate, - minbitrate and - bitrate indicated in kilobitah per second. You can not use the serial number separator

between the whole and fractional part of a character point. For example: - maxbitrate = 19423.432

- no-asyncio - not to create a separate thread to record output files. The inclusion of this regime is also repeals the flag FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING.

This somewhat reduces the speed record, but allows you to see the amount of output file as you work.

- auto-chapters = nn - insert a chapter every nn minutes. Only in the blu-ray muxing.

- custom-chapters = <line parameters> - insert a chapter in the field. Only in the blu-ray muxing.

A string of parameters is as follows: hh: mm: ss; hh: mm: ss, etc. A semicolon listed timestamps, which

must insert a new chapter. The line should not contain spaces.

- demux - in this mode selected audio and video tracks are stored as separate files. The processing paths are superimposed

All selected effects, such as change of level for h.264. When demux certain types of tracks is always podverayutsya changes in the

stored in a file:

- Subtitles in a Presentation graphic stream is converted into a format sup

- PCM audio are saved as WAV files. Also automatically splitting into several files,

If the size of WAV file exceed 4Gb.

- cut-start - Trim the beginning of the file. Value should be completed "ms" (the number of milliseconds), "s" (seconds) or "min" (the number of minutes)

- cut-end - Trim the end of the file. Value should be completed "ms" (the number of milliseconds), "s" (seconds) or "min" (the number of minutes)

- split-duration - cut off in time. The time specified in seconds. The length of each part will always be a little less than imposed values

because point gap file only on key frames (or on the Limits of audiofreymov if there is no video).

It is controlled that the next valid point gap should not exceed a specified value.

- split-size - to cut output file size. The length of each part will always be a little less than imposed values.

Value should be completed in one of the following prefixes:

Kb - meaning specified in kilobytes (1000 bytes).

Kib - the value specified in units of 2 ^ 10 bytes.

mb - the value specified in megabytes (1000000 bytes).

mib - the value specified in units of 2 ^ 20 bytes.

gb - the value stated in gigabytes (1000000000 bytes).

gib - the value specified in units of 2 ^ 30 bytes.

When tsMuxer does not use external filters (codecs).
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 18:18   #2050  |  Link
turbojet

does a linux version supporting srt exist yet?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 19:10   #2051  |  Link
Deckard2019

I need to delete end credits from a movie to make it fit into a BD-R 25.
But there's a small scene at the end : MOVIE -> CREDITS -> SCENE.
What would be the best way to do this ?
Thank you.
Deckard2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 20:34   #2052  |  Link
turbojet

I haven't tried but maybe cut out movie with the streams you want, output to m2ts, cut credits with the same streams you want, output to m2ts, load movie m2ts and append credits m2ts.
I've appeneded multiple files before and all was ok except for subtitles in the parts after the first file didn't work.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 00:58   #2053  |  Link
Butterfly666

I have a complete bdmv and certificate of a movie with menu. It plays fine on pc but I want to play this with menu on a extern hd on the
ps3.
So first I make a new AVCHD with TSmuxer to split the m2ts and rename the stream with AVCHD-me. Then I copy all the files CLIPINFO, BDJO, BACKUP etc of the orginal movie to the maps that Tsmuxer made. I renamed CLIPINFO, BDJO, BACKUP also with avchd me but when playing I get no video.
Has anyone done this before to play AVCHD with menu?
Please help me out!

Last edited by Butterfly666; 27th September 2008 at 18:29.
Butterfly666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 09:30   #2054  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
Google translation.
Quote:
[...]
A_AC3 - DD (AC3) / DD (E-AC3) / True HD (True HD only tracks with AC3 core inside).
[...]
Has anyone allready tested the TrueHD capabillities ? The earliers version didn't work correctly.

Sorry to say that i have no current samples to test.

However i have allready made a DB9 with DTS-MA, and can confirm it works (it plays like it should on my Pana bd30 at least). But i had to tweak some settings to get it right, so I'll have to do some more testing to be shure on the "how to".

Last edited by G_M_C; 29th September 2008 at 09:34.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:44   #2055  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Has anyone allready tested the TrueHD capabillities ? The earliers version didn't work correctly.

Sorry to say that i have no current samples to test.

However i have allready made a DB9 with DTS-MA, and can confirm it works (it plays like it should on my Pana bd30 at least). But i had to tweak some settings to get it right, so I'll have to do some more testing to be shure on the "how to".
The first question was the same for me and i gave it a go.
You still need a second pass with TSremux to get a working TrueHD BD.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 21:58   #2056  |  Link
russellhq

First off, great program! Has saved me a lot of bother.

Having a bit of trouble though. I get this error on some of the mkv files I've tried converting:

Quote:
Matroska parse error: Read error at pos: 57546323
This mkv is h264 with AC3 audio. Is there any way I can scan the mkv to check if it has any errors and fix them? Or is this a problem with tsMuxeR?
russellhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2008, 01:12   #2057  |  Link
kaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly666 View Post
I have a complete bdmv and certificate of a movie with menu. It plays fine on pc but I want to play this with menu on a extern hd on the
ps3.
So first I make a new AVCHD with TSmuxer to split the m2ts and rename the stream with AVCHD-me. Then I copy all the files CLIPINFO, BDJO, BACKUP etc of the orginal movie to the maps that Tsmuxer made. I renamed CLIPINFO, BDJO, BACKUP also with avchd me but when playing I get no video.
Has anyone done this before to play AVCHD with menu?
Please help me out!
This will most certainly not work. I do not know this program AVCHD me and what it does, but if you only replace .m2ts files it will not work, because .clpi files in CLIPINFO and .mpls files in PLAYLIST need to match the specs and length of the m2ts files exactly in order for the AVCHD to play, so you cannot use them with the m2ts' tsmuxer split.

Also, even if you get it to play, you will most likely get problems with the bitrate, since AVCHD only allows up to 16MBit streams, and BDs are usually a higher bitrate...

Try my script if you want an AVCHD with menu, though in your case it's probably not the kind of menu you're after... ;-)

P.S: New version out. Hooray! Only Windows again - boo! Linux version still b0rked in BD muxing...
Old 2nd October 2008, 01:18   #2058  |  Link
kaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellhq View Post
First off, great program! Has saved me a lot of bother.

Having a bit of trouble though. I get this error on some of the mkv files I've tried converting:

This mkv is h264 with AC3 audio. Is there any way I can scan the mkv to check if it has any errors and fix them? Or is this a problem with tsMuxeR?
Yeah, just use a hexeditor that can edit files of any size and go to the offset given (57546323 = 0x36E1653)..
I've found nice fat holes of zeroes right in the middle of some mkvs that both players and demuxers just quit upon reaching, beats me how these got there!

If yours is like this and the index is fine (=you can skip through it alright): don't delete those zeroes, or it will mess up your index! copypaste something over them from the rest of the mkv so that the byte length of the file remains unchanged. This will result in a few bad frames, but at least players and demuxers should be able to demux the whole stream!...
Old 3rd October 2008, 04:25   #2059  |  Link
SwissyJim

dumb question...

in a blu ray with multiple m2tsfiles as opposed to one (forgetting Sarah Marshall) to strip out all the BS and have just the movie/soundtrack, how do you do this? Append each file into the list? there's over 100! I tried just one file and it only did that one file... how do you select ALL files?
SwissyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 06:37   #2060  |  Link
jofarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
dumb question...

in a blu ray with multiple m2tsfiles as opposed to one (forgetting Sarah Marshall) to strip out all the BS and have just the movie/soundtrack, how do you do this? Append each file into the list? there's over 100! I tried just one file and it only did that one file... how do you select ALL files?
What you want to do is find out, which parts and in which order make up the movie (Usually 1-5, but never 100 - thats loads of spicials, making-ofs and the like), then take the first one and append the others in the correct order..
jofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer