Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 1st November 2007, 21:46   #2341  |  Link
clsid

Like said before:

What you want can be accomplished by simply enabling the resize filter, crop is not needed. Set dividing borders to 100% for top and 0% for bottom.

Of course this has no effect on black borders that are added by the renderer. Those are the ones that you only see in fullscreen.
Old 1st November 2007, 23:36   #2342  |  Link
Fabool

ffdshow crashes when deinterlacing is switched on and deinterlacing method is either Kernel bob or Kernel deinterlacer. This with the newest clsid build 1589 (both generic and icl10), it works fine with the 1578 build. Happens with any video clip, tested with Zoom player and DVBviewer (digital tv broadcasts).
Fabool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:34   #2343  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabool View Post
ffdshow crashes when deinterlacing is switched on and deinterlacing method is either Kernel bob or Kernel deinterlacer. This with the newest clsid build 1589 (both generic and icl10), it works fine with the 1578 build. Happens with any video clip, tested with Zoom player and DVBviewer (digital tv broadcasts).
Thank you for report. fixed at rev 1590.
Old 3rd November 2007, 18:18   #2344  |  Link
cyberscott

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.
Thanks for all the hard work on ffdshow!

I have noticed that since the inclusion of 7.1 audio option, AC3 encoding no longer works via spdif using digital connection. It only outputs 2 channel PCM. This is regardless of of the speaker matrix chosen. Going back to builds prior to the 7.1 audio matrix addition, AC3 encoding works fine with digital out. Analog out works fine for the 7.1 matrix.
cyberscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 18:36   #2345  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberscott View Post

I have noticed that since the inclusion of 7.1 audio option, AC3 encoding no longer works via spdif using digital connection. It only outputs 2 channel PCM. This is regardless of of the speaker matrix chosen. Going back to builds prior to the 7.1 audio matrix addition, AC3 encoding works fine with digital out. Analog out works fine for the 7.1 matrix.
Yeh , i also have the same Problmes...

i
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2007, 22:05   #2346  |  Link
phunqe

Hi,

I've been trying to find some information on the "closed caption" subtitle feature. Is this supposed to be support for closed captions in DVB MPEG streams? If yes, is there any trick to enable it or is it not finished? Trying to get it to work with streams from a DVB-C card, but without any luck.

Cheers.

Last edited by phunqe; 3rd November 2007 at 22:09.
phunqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 11:10   #2347  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Question for the ffdshow maintainers: why lavf hasn't been included in ffmpeg package ?
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 12:05   #2348  |  Link
clsid

Because ffdshow is only a decoding filter, not a source filter.

The idea of creating a DirectShow source filter based on libavformat has been brought up a couple times in the past. It would be an excellent NEW project. Its too much work to be part of ffdshow.
Old 4th November 2007, 12:29   #2349  |  Link
Mc Onyx

Could someone compile a "test" version of ffdshow, containing the new Dolby E-AC3 and True-HD patches/decoders, from mplayer, like Kurtnoise13 did with his mplayer and ffmpeg builds? You can find the patches on his site. Thanks.

http://kurtnoise.free.fr/index.php?dir=misc/
Old 4th November 2007, 12:57   #2350  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberscott View Post

OK, I bought long optical digital cable to connect to the AV-amp in the next room. I'll test as soon as I finish current stuff (AviSynth multiple line script problems).
Old 4th November 2007, 17:03   #2351  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

@Clsid: ok, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Onyx View Post
Could someone compile a "test" version of ffdshow, containing the new Dolby E-AC3 and True-HD patches/decoders, from mplayer, like Kurtnoise13 did with his mplayer and ffmpeg builds?
not enough and can't be done for the moment...Clsid gave the answer just above.
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 17:23   #2352  |  Link
clsid

I could add the EAC3 decoder to libavcodec. That's easy. Actually using it is a whole different case.

The problem is making ffdshow able to recognize EAC3. It must be able to see the difference between normal AC3 audio and EAC3. It should do so based on the information given by the source filter in the graph. To be precise, ffdshow selects the decoder based on the FourCC/AudioTag. If someone can tell me which tag is used by EAC3, then maybe there is a small chance that I can make it work.
Old 4th November 2007, 18:15   #2353  |  Link
cyberscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko_yamagata View Post
OK, I bought long optical digital cable to connect to the AV-amp in the next room. I'll test as soon as I finish current stuff (AviSynth multiple line script problems).
cyberscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 18:56   #2354  |  Link
honai

Quote:
If someone can tell me which tag is used by EAC3, then maybe there is a small chance that I can make it work.
EAC3.
Old 6th November 2007, 08:26   #2355  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Hi,

I have brought a few modifications to the AC3 encoding in revision 1595 : there was an issue with some HT receivers having no sound when "Maximize SPDIF compatibility" is unchecked.

So to people who had this issue : could you retest rev 1595 and untick the option (in codec section / AC3) ?

Otherwise, the new 7.1 matrix works for me in 5.1 but only when I select 3/0/2 mixing
albain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 08:46   #2356  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
Raw video processing in WMP11 and Media Center is experimental and not very stable. Currently it does not work for me. I hope albain can fix it.
Hi haruhiko,

can you give me more details about your issue ?

Damien
Old 6th November 2007, 09:57   #2357  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
Hi haruhiko,

can you give me more details about your issue ?

Damien
I'm sorry. It was my mistake as I wrote here.
Old 6th November 2007, 14:26   #2358  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

Quote:
Originally Posted by albain View Post
Hi,

I have brought a few modifications to the AC3 encoding in revision 1595 : there was an issue with some HT receivers having no sound when "Maximize SPDIF compatibility" is unchecked.

So to people who had this issue : could you retest rev 1595 and untick the option (in codec section / AC3) ?

Otherwise, the new 7.1 matrix works for me in 5.1 but only when I select 3/0/2 mixing
I still need "Maximize SPDIF compatibility" checked. Otherwise no sound. Xp sp2.
Old 6th November 2007, 14:40   #2359  |  Link
haruhiko_yamagata

On Vista, if I choose Connect to: "DirectSound" and enable "Apply only to S/PDIF output", set Multichannel device: "SPDIF interface (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD)", the player (MPC homecinema) freezes.
I don't know if this is ffdshow's problem or driver's problem. Can anybody reproduce?
Old 6th November 2007, 15:19   #2360  |  Link
albain
Media Control author

Quote:
On Vista, if I choose Connect to: "DirectSound" and enable "Apply only to S/PDIF output", set Multichannel device: "SPDIF interface (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD)", the player (MPC homecinema) freezes.
I don't know if this is ffdshow's problem or driver's problem. Can anybody reproduce?
This is due to the "Multichannel device" option : I didn't have the time to dig this around, but this option also causes me freezes when the device is not set to default.

Please try agin with "Maximize SPDIF compatibility" unchecked and Multichannel device set to default device

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl