Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 17th March 2006, 00:59   #1  |  Link
Kostarum Rex Persia
Banned

Reccomend me good program for making DVD-Video disc from MPEG2 files

?????
Kostarum Rex Persia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 01:23   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) If not already DVD-compliant, use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the MPEG to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this (This step may not be necessary, if your MPEG-2 files are already in DVD compliant format)

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)
You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
(As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 11:27   #3  |  Link
AVIL

Hi,

Although they are commercial programs "all with 1 click", I use free software and, in general, procedure involve far more than "1 click".

I use different methods according to DVD's complexity.

For DVD with menus i use DVDstyler. For that you need DVD compliant MPEG files. If your files dont' are such files you must enforce compliance. First separate audio and video streams (demultiplex), for example with TMPGEnc (function available in free editions) or DGindex. Changing framerate, frame size, colorspace generally involves recoding video (TMPGEnc, HCenc, etc...). Changing samplerate of audio involve recoding audio (headhc3e, besweet, ...). After you must remux the streams (TMPGEnc, BBfmpeg,...) in a DVD compliant manner.

DVDstyler generates an image ISO. You can burn it with IMGburn.

If DVD haven´t menús I use muxman. It needs separate streams DVD compliants (framerate, colorspace, frame size, audio samplerate...). Result of muxman are standard DVD files for VIDEO_TS folder. You can generate an ISO image with Folder2iso or imgtools and burn with IMGburn.

They are excelent guides here in doom9 and in www.videohelp.com (and in Google also)

Good luck.
AVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 12:42   #4  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

It depends on how complex you need your DVD's to be!

As AVIL mentioned, if you want to create DVD's VOB sets (with single or multiple audio and subtitle streams and chapters) without menus, mpucoder's MuxMan is without compare....

I use it all the time - thanks mpucoder
Old 17th March 2006, 15:19   #5  |  Link
Kostarum Rex Persia
Banned

Thanks guys. My MPEG2 files isn't DVD compliant format. I record one TV program from WinDVR 3.0 with these settings:

Video Configuration window:
Quote:
Video Format: PAL
Width & Height: 720x576
Bit Rate: 7200 kbit/s

Advanced vindow in Video Configuration panel:
Frame Rate: 25
Aspect Ratio: 4:3

GOP Info

GOP: 15
Sub GOP: 3

Motion Vector
Horizontal:32
Vertical:32

Audio is 160 kbit/s MP2 Stereo
My question is: I won't to recompress my MPEG2 file, can I make DVD without recompress it?
Kostarum Rex Persia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 19:40   #6  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
My MPEG2 files isn't DVD compliant format.
Although .MP2 is technically not DVD-compliant, it IS acceptable (48,000Hz) for input by "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (and, likely, other authoring programs) and IS recognized by the majority of DVD players.

The video settings appear to be (PAL) DVD-compliant, so you should be able to go directly to "TMPGEnc DVD Author"...

Last edited by setarip_old; 17th March 2006 at 19:43.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 20:37   #7  |  Link
mpucoder

Your files are completely compliant for PAL, provided the audio sampling rate is 48K, and will be accepted by any good authoring program as is.
It is only NTSC that requires the audio be AC3 or LPCM. PAL requires one track of AC3, LPCM, or mpeg (layer 2 with or without multichannel (aka mpeg-2) extension)

Last edited by mpucoder; 17th March 2006 at 20:42.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote