Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 29th May 2010, 20:58   #8401  |  Link
jeffnoone

Problems with iPadHD option

So I am trying to convert one of those TV HD x264 shows to iPad version

As normal for these shows, they are in 720p 5.1 AC3 format mkv

So I used ClownBD 0.76 tt build into BluRay structure

Then i used BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.1 to rebuild into iPadHD using the web tutorial, that is linked on videohelp.com

However there is a problem at the final stage - I attach log

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Or any other options I can use togo from 720p x264 AC3 .mkv to 720p iPad .mp4, that is convenient to use?

Thanks for any suggestions
Jeff

-----------------------
[12:44:09] BD Rebuilder v0.34.01 (beta)
- Source: TEMP2
- Input BD size: 1.17 GB
- Approximate total content: [00:43:27.423]
- Target BD size: 9.03 GB
- Windows Version: 6.0 [6002]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- One Pass ABR Mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[12:44:12] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [12:44:12] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [12:44:29] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [12:44:29] Collecting video information
- [12:44:29] Keeping original video (no reencode)
- [12:44:29] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [12:46:04] Multiplexing M2TS
[12:46:04]PHASE ONE complete
[12:46:04]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [12:46:04] Rebuilding stream 00000 [1 of 1]
- [12:46:04] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
- ERROR in attempt to mux (MP4BOX)
[12:46:34] - Failed to REBUILD

INSPECT LOG:
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.1, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
jeffnoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 21:31   #8402  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have no doubt the bug is in the firmware of the player. The question is whether I can find a workaround.
Just tried U571 with BD-RBV03401, but the results are the same as Scorpion King.
The menu audio works fine, but just no main movie audio. I even kept the directors comments audio track too, but there is no way to change the audio tracks, and while the movie plays, if I press display on the remote, the player does not see an audio file at all!
Pressing the audio or subtitle button on the remote does not do anything either, no display and no change of tracks.
jdobbs, have either of these two movies made it to your test list?
I know these are rare types, and the Sony S360 usually plays almost anything, but I think if a discovery is found, it may uncover other compatilibity issues as well.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 21:31   #8403  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs Admirable as that may be, in light of the fact that new Universal releases appear NOT to any longer have this problem, I'd suggest that you hold off on doing that unless/until it's established that the problem(s) with earlier Universal releases show up again in future releases...
Good point. It could be that they were the problem and have corrected it.
Old 29th May 2010, 21:36   #8404  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnoone View Post
So I am trying to convert one of those TV HD x264 shows to iPad version

As normal for these shows, they are in 720p 5.1 AC3 format mkv

So I used ClownBD 0.76 tt build into BluRay structure

Then i used BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.1 to rebuild into iPadHD using the web tutorial, that is linked on videohelp.com

However there is a problem at the final stage - I attach log

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Or any other options I can use togo from 720p x264 AC3 .mkv to 720p iPad .mp4, that is convenient to use?

Thanks for any suggestions
Jeff

-----------------------
[12:44:09] BD Rebuilder v0.34.01 (beta)
- Source: TEMP2
- Input BD size: 1.17 GB
- Approximate total content: [00:43:27.423]
- Target BD size: 9.03 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- One Pass ABR Mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[12:44:12] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [12:44:12] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [12:44:29] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [12:44:29] Collecting video information
- [12:44:29] Keeping original video (no reencode)
- [12:44:29] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [12:46:04] Multiplexing M2TS
[12:46:04]PHASE ONE complete
[12:46:04]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [12:46:04] Rebuilding stream 00000 [1 of 1]
- [12:46:04] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
- ERROR in attempt to mux (MP4BOX)
[12:46:34] - Failed to REBUILD

INSPECT LOG:
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.1, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
It looks like it is keeping the original when it really shouldn't. I'll look at it.
Old 29th May 2010, 21:41   #8405  |  Link
jeffnoone

To jdobbs

Thanks for quick reply
BTW it does create the .aac file
THis is in the appropriate directory for muxing: AUD_00000_4352.AAC,
as well as 00000.track_4352.ac3
jeffnoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 21:55   #8406  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Good point. It could be that they were the problem and have corrected it.
This would be nice, but does it explain why the same backup burned to BD-RE works perfectly while the DVD media does not?
I am quite content with the current state of BD-RB, and was only trying to share my experience and results with these titles, and hoping that a positive result may have been found with the many changes and bug fixes that have been implemented with BD-RB and .x264 over the last several months.
If there is more interest I am willing to test more, or am equally content with the capabilities at the current state!
Old 29th May 2010, 22:04   #8407  |  Link
setarip_old

@Capsbackup
Quote:
This would be nice, but does it explain why the same backup burned to BD-RE works perfectly while the DVD media does not?
I believe you overlooked my statement that I've had successful results with two recent Universal releases (The Fourth Kind - I Made 3/16/10 and Love Happens - I Made 2/02/10) burned to DVD9s and played on the SONY BDP-S360...

Last edited by setarip_old; 29th May 2010 at 22:14.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 22:14   #8408  |  Link
DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaking View Post
The only thing I seem to have trouble with (and I've searched the forums and elsewhere for clues, without success) are movies with forced subs (Avatar, District 9, 2012, etc.).
I have done all mentioned titles and the forced subs are always present and will display fine, BUT... you will have to make sure in the settings/options of your BD player that you have set languages and subtiles to whatever your mother tongue is. Do not set it to automatic or any other language.

In case you'll change settings inside your BD player, please also turn the player off and on again -it may actually make a difference!

Furthermore do NOT select any subtitle stream with your remote control - subs should be set to OFF/NONE.

Changing language or subtitle streams with your remote may make the forced subs vanish.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 22:16   #8409  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

BTW - For future reference, the following link will provide you with a complete calendar of past, present, and future Universal BluRay releases:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...mestamp&page=0
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 22:55   #8410  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

yeah my output folder deletion suggestion got implemented. Giev copyright cash
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 23:56   #8411  |  Link
grampaking

Quote:
If they were "forced" in the original -- they will also be forced in the backup -- as long as you keep them. The only exception would be if you are resizing.

I recommend keeping all subs on most discs.
Ahhh, that would be my problem, I am usually resizing to 720p, movie-only, to a DVD-5. What is the issue with resizing, is there any way to resize but keep the subs intact?
grampaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 00:13   #8412  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@Capsbackup I believe you overlooked my statement that I've had successful results with two recent Universal releases (The Fourth Kind - I Made 3/16/10 and Love Happens - I Made 2/02/10) burned to DVD9s and played on the SONY BDP-S360...

Not overlooked, as I too was able to backup It's Complicated to BD5 successfully, which is why I posted about these Universal titles and the full backup success ( or not )
Consistency among these companies titles would be welcome, although probably just wishful thinking!
Old 30th May 2010, 01:04   #8413  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Ahhh, that would be my problem, I am usually resizing to 720p, movie-only, to a DVD-5. What is the issue with resizing, is there any way to resize but keep the subs intact?
Nope, some subtitle streams have the nasty habbit of not wanting to be resized properly. However if you maintain the aspect ratio and play the disc on a 720p device they'll get shrunk to aspect by the tv ^^
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 01:32   #8414  |  Link
Moviewatcher666

PS3 problems and possible solution

I am posting this here since a lot of people are complaining about the PS3. Forgive the hijacking of this thread.

I had borrowed a PS3 a couple months ago to test my BD25 full backups Region A to make sure they worked on it. I updated the PS3 to the most current firmware. I had about 4 or 5 movies that did not work. The error that I got on the PS3 was "invalid disk". This baffled me that some disks worked and some did not.

After some searching on the net, I found this program called PS3BDFix.exe. Basically, it sets the Copy Protection Bit to off in all the M2TS files in the STREAM directory. As soon as I ran the program on the movies that didn't work, I burned them to a rewritable to try in the PS3. They WORKED! My guess is that the ripping program kept the Copy Protection Bit on after ripping. Regular Blu-rays players may not be that sensitive to it but the PS3 is.

I do not think this has anything to do with BD Rebuilder because they played fine in my Panasonic BD35. I seem to recall I was bouncing between DVDFab and AnyDVD for ripping. I believe that DVDFab was the culprit but I could not prove it conclusively. Since then, I have been using AnyDVD exclusively for all my ripping. I have not encountered this problem on the PS3 any further.

If anyone is having problems with the BD25 full backups (I don't do BD5/9) playing on their PS3 and get the error "invalid disk", send me your e-mail in a PM and I will send you the PS3BDFix.exe program and a little batch file that will process all the M2TS files in the folder.

Lets see if this solves all the PS3 problems. Comments welcome!

Moviewatcher666
Moviewatcher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 02:03   #8415  |  Link
santito

interesting... i will try that tool... my email is saintito@hotmail.com send to me and i will send feedback as soon as i test it
santito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 02:11   #8416  |  Link
SoniG

Hi jdobbs, thanks for your last version that is an interesting one and I updated my thread about the new seamlessly branching support. In some of my reencoded BD, I can read on Mediainfo from the same m2ts : ReFrames=3 and x264 ref=4. I can't figure out if it's normal, if there is a bug somewhere or if I just don't have to care about this?!

Last edited by SoniG; 30th May 2010 at 02:26.
SoniG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 02:13   #8417  |  Link
teberly

Audio sync issue - ConvertFPS=true in .AVS script

I'm trying to use BD-RB to unconvert sone SD Start Trek:TNG episodes to HD.

I use DVDNextCopy to covert the DVD episodes to individual .m2ts files in a new Blu-ray folder.

I then load that into BD-RB and select Convert SD to HD in the settings tab. I have done thsi with version 0.34.01 and the prior two releases. I have the recommended version of avisynth, ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter and my Inspect.exe reports back ok on a windows 7 64 bit machine. I ripped the initial dvd with AnyDVDHD.

Prior to running them through BD-RB all files play fine. But after encoding and rebuild the audio is out of sync on some of the epsodes and the video appears accelerated.

I can see only one difference between the correct encones and the incorrect encodes and it's in the .avs script for the video:

Audio out of sync - video plays fast:
#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.34.01 (beta)
DirectshowSource("C:\MULTIAVCHD\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts", fps=29.97, audio=false)
ConvertToYV12().AssumeFPS(30000,1001)

Audio in sync, video playback is correct:
#Created by BD Rebuilder - v0.34.01 (beta)
DirectshowSource("C:\MULTIAVCHD\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts", fps=29.97, ConvertFPS=true, audio=false)
ConvertToYV12().AssumeFPS(30000,1001)

If the ConvertFPS=true command is in the .avs script everything is fine - but for some episodes of the same show on the same disc BD-RB is not inserting the ConvertFPS=true command.

Is there a way to do this manually? When I interrupt the encode and edit the .avs file, BD-RB simply overwirites my edit.

What else can I tell you? I'm a contributor and owner of DVD-RB Professional and contributor to to BD-RB - both are incredible tools - but in this area I cannot get BD-RB to work.
teberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 04:54   #8418  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yes, but I'll have to write the resizing code myself rather than let TSMUXER do it. I started that a long time ago for other reasons (some sub resizing can cause TSMUXER to crash), but got sidetracked and never finished it.
Old 30th May 2010, 04:57   #8419  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviewatcher666 View Post
I am posting this here since a lot of people are complaining about the PS3. Forgive the hijacking of this thread.

I had borrowed a PS3 a couple months ago to test my BD25 full backups Region A to make sure they worked on it. I updated the PS3 to the most current firmware. I had about 4 or 5 movies that did not work. The error that I got on the PS3 was "invalid disk". This baffled me that some disks worked and some did not.

After some searching on the net, I found this program called PS3BDFix.exe. Basically, it sets the Copy Protection Bit to off in all the M2TS files in the STREAM directory. As soon as I ran the program on the movies that didn't work, I burned them to a rewritable to try in the PS3. They WORKED! My guess is that the ripping program kept the Copy Protection Bit on after ripping. Regular Blu-rays players may not be that sensitive to it but the PS3 is.

I do not think this has anything to do with BD Rebuilder because they played fine in my Panasonic BD35. I seem to recall I was bouncing between DVDFab and AnyDVD for ripping. I believe that DVDFab was the culprit but I could not prove it conclusively. Since then, I have been using AnyDVD exclusively for all my ripping. I have not encountered this problem on the PS3 any further.

If anyone is having problems with the BD25 full backups (I don't do BD5/9) playing on their PS3 and get the error "invalid disk", send me your e-mail in a PM and I will send you the PS3BDFix.exe program and a little batch file that will process all the M2TS files in the folder.

Lets see if this solves all the PS3 problems. Comments welcome!

Moviewatcher666
Good info. I'll do some investigation and see if there is any way I can add similar code to BD-RB.
Old 30th May 2010, 05:15   #8420  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

To all PS3 users, I found (after a lot of coasters ) that you need to set the Copy Protection Bit to off in order to play Backups with new firmwares, you donīt need to use "PS3BDFix.exe", ImgBurn already has a option for that:

Settings --> Build --> Blu-ray Video --> Reset 'Copy Permission Indicator' Flag

Additionally I always put "PS3_UPDATE, PS3_VPRM, PS3_DISC.SFB" folders and files used on Sony Blu-ray discs.

Last edited by SquallMX; 30th May 2010 at 05:23.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote