Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th December 2010, 09:15   #11  |  Link
Gingko

Audio AAC in transport stream with LOAS and LATM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingko View Post
I am trying to decode digital TV with audio as "AAC in transport stream with a synchronization layer (LOAS) and a multiplex layer (LATM)" used in some countries, and to find codecs working with this.

I more or less succeeded with Monogram AAC Decoder, but I had to modify and recompile it in order to get it working, because the proper Media Type was not exposed to DirectShow (although internally used). Now it works, but with some instabilities.

This Media Type, as far as I understand correctly, is defined (at least by Microsoft) as MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG_LOAS, and its value is {00001602-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}.

Monogram AAC Decoder is a wrapper for libfaad2, which is used also by ffdshow-tryouts, so logically, ffdshow-tryouts should be able to decode it, but unfortunately, it does not expose this Media Type either.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to include it in future versions of ffdshow-tryouts in order to make possible, or more easy, to get ffdshow-tryouts decoding AAC+LOAD+LATM?

If you need some sample, you can use this file :
http://gingko.homeip.net/misc/TDT_Co...09_19-20-02.ts

This is a 30 seconds record of a full DVB-T Transport Stream multiplex (from Portuguese TV) with 4 TV channels (plus an empty one), all encoded as H264 (for video) and AAC+LATM+LOAS for audio.

Regards,

Gingko
Hello,

Is there any chance that I could get an answer to this ?

I am developer on a DVB-T application, and the lack of this mediasubtype makes problematic for me to find a codec able to decode soundtracks in this kind of video stream.

Even Media Player Classic HC, for example, seems to be unable to play it.

Gingko
Gingko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ffdshow, ffdshow tryouts, ffdshow-mt, ffplay, icl