Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 5th June 2008, 09:53   #1201  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH View Post
Thanks. Do you also have some more information (bit-wise) on the arrival timestamp to be able to use it within an application?
Like so:
Code:
       byte 1           byte 2           byte 3           byte 4
[7 6] [5 4 3 2 1 0  7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0  7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0  7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0]
2 bits                              30 bits
Old 5th June 2008, 09:58   #1202  |  Link
CiNcH

That was actually clear with your first post already .

PCR within TS for example consists of 42 bit, devided into 33 bits PCR_base (90 khz precision) and 9 bit PCR_extension (extended 27 MHz precision). What about ATS? Need some more info about those 30 bits..

Last edited by CiNcH; 5th June 2008 at 10:01.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 12:21   #1203  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
That was actually clear with your first post already .

PCR within TS for example consists of 42 bit, divided into 33 bits PCR_base (90 khz precision) and 9 bit PCR_extension (extended 27 MHz precision). What about ATS? Need some more info about those 30 bits..
It's a 30 bit unsigned integer representing the 27 MHz clock. In other words, it's the lower 30 bits of the 27 MHz normalized PCR. By 27 MHz normalized PCR, I mean:

(PCR_base * 300) + PCR_ext

If you look at the arrival_time_stamp of a packet containing a PCR, you'll see that they are very close to the same value.

Ron
Old 5th June 2008, 12:43   #1204  |  Link
CiNcH

Hmmm...

2^30 - 1 = 1073741823

For 27 MHz this means 1073741823 / 27000000 = 40 seconds

Guess a film is longer than that...
Old 5th June 2008, 12:51   #1205  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Hmmm...

2^30 - 1 = 1073741823

For 27 MHz this means 1073741823 / 27000000 = 40 seconds

Guess a film is longer than that...
It's more than enough precision for it's intended purpose (which is to transform the variable rate TS back into a fixed rate TS).

Ron
Old 6th June 2008, 15:17   #1206  |  Link
Schmendrick

Hi Ron,

isn't the ISO13818-1 paper which neuron2 has available here:
http://neuron2.net/library/mpeg2/iso13818-1.pdf
the right paper to look for the standard definition of the timestamps?!

On page 49 in table 2-17 of chapter 2.4.3.6 "PES Packet" where the content of a PES-packet is defined
a definition of the PTS-timestamp is included.

This is at least the reference which so far I have used successfully to calculate the
time delay of audio-tracks relative to video-tracks included in satellite DVB-TS-streams.

Schmendrick
Schmendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2008, 00:29   #1207  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmendrick View Post
Hi Ron,

isn't the ISO13818-1 paper which neuron2 has available here:
http://neuron2.net/library/mpeg2/iso13818-1.pdf
the right paper to look for the standard definition of the timestamps?!

On page 49 in table 2-17 of chapter 2.4.3.6 "PES Packet" where the content of a PES-packet is defined
a definition of the PTS-timestamp is included.

This is at least the reference which so far I have used successfully to calculate the
time delay of audio-tracks relative to video-tracks included in satellite DVB-TS-streams.

Schmendrick
No, the arrival_time_stamp is not part of ISO13818-1. It's new for HDMV (.m2ts files) and defined in the Blu-ray specification (and I guess the AVCHD specification, but I've never seen that one).

Ron
Old 13th June 2008, 07:44   #1208  |  Link
jangai

Help !

Hello,

Newbie for TsRemux v0.21.2...
All files I have downloaded (even a previous release) don't want to load under Windows XP with same msg :
"Application has not succeed to correctly initialize (0xc0000135) Clic OK to stop"

No special stuff on this computer... I don't understand... Something missed ???

jangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 12:21   #1209  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangai View Post
Hello,

Newbie for TsRemux v0.21.2...
All files I have downloaded (even a previous release) don't want to load under Windows XP with same msg :
"Application has not succeed to correctly initialize (0xc0000135) Clic OK to stop"

No special stuff on this computer... I don't understand... Something missed ???

You need .net from windows installed, I think version 2 at least ( I think ).
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 18:53   #1210  |  Link
jangai

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
You need .net from windows installed, I think version 2 at least ( I think ).
Hmmm ! Yes... It's a brand new PC for software and... .Net has been forgotten !

Thank you...
jangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:06   #1211  |  Link
hollydoc

i have a question about the "bypass audio alignment" feature.
What does this mean in detail??

Hollydoc
hollydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 13:41   #1212  |  Link
jof

Remuxed file with DVB(UK) subtitles not seen

v.0.0.21.2
When I load my mpeg program stream files recorded from a Nebula DigiTV card & software, the DVB(UK) subtitles are correctly detected as "Presentation Graphics Stream # 32".
So far so good.
After remuxing to TS or M2TS format, neither VLC nor VideoRedoTVS see the subtitles.
Can anyone help with this?
jof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 10:56   #1213  |  Link
psme

Thanks for the great tools!

I have a question and wonder if TSRemux can help...

My PC plays all those TS clips, but my standalone media player plays some TS clips with picture, but no audio. I found that all the clips with both correct picture and sound, TSRemux gives the info:
- MPEG2 Video Stream # xx
- MPEG2 Audio Stream # xx

But those problem clips play with only picture, but NO audio (standalone media player), TSRemux will show the clip as:
- MPEG2 Video Stream # xx
- Unknown Stream of type 15

PC software player seems don't care the issue and decode the audio fine. In most case the audio is AAC.

Can TSRemux remux/redefine the "Unknown Stream of type 15" stream back to "MPEG2 Audio Stream # xx", so that my standalone media player can play the clip property? If TSRemux can not do this, is there other software to use? Thanks in advance!

regards,

Li On
psme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 14:44   #1214  |  Link
Schmendrick

Like you correctly have found out these ts-clip are clip containing AAC-audio streams which TsRemux so far is unable to detect and handle properly. If you want a ts-clip which is playable by your standalone media player this media player also has to be able to decode the audio track. If it apparently is unable to decode AAC-audio streams you will have to reencode them into a decodable format which is possible:
Gdsmux included within the Haali-splitter package is able to remux theses MPEG2 and AAC-video clips into .mkv-files from which then you can extract the elementary video and audio streams with MKVExtractGUI. Then you can renencode the AAC-file into an AC3-file and then use Tsmuxer to mux this AC3-file with the demuxed MPEG2-file to produce a ts-file which should be playable in your standalone media player. A synchronization offset between the video and audio track however might be an issue to be solved.

Schmendrick
Schmendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 02:26   #1215  |  Link
psme

Hi Schmendrick, thanks for the help.

Sorry I haven't state clearly my situation. The problem is NOT because the standalone media player does not support AAC audio. Those (most of my clips) play correctly both picture and audio, are using AAC audio track. As long as TsRemux shows the clip audio track as "MPEG2 Audio Stream # xx" (which is actually AAC audio track in most of my clips), the standalone media player play the AAC audio track fine. But if the TsRemux shows the clip's audio track as "Unknown Stream of type 15", then standalone player gives no sound.

It'd be great if there is a easy way to reassign/redefine the audio track so that TsRemux can see the audio track as "MPEG2 Audio Stream # xx", and I guess then my standalone media player can properly decode the audio track.

I tried simply demux the clip and remux (TsMuxer) but TsRemux still shown the audio track as "Unknown Stream of type 15"...

regards,

Li On
psme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 09:19   #1216  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi psme,

Out of interest, which make/model of stand-alone media player have you got?
Old 19th July 2008, 11:29   #1217  |  Link
matrix40

Have any of you had problems with 28 Weeks Later blu ray audio with tsremux? There is one DTS Hd master audio
and several dolby digital audio streams. No mater which one i use (for the english ones) I keep getting the directors audio commentary in the background. has anyone tried this blu ray disk?
matrix40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 19:20   #1218  |  Link
starmanj

Can someone post a simple paragraph on how trim beginning and trim end works? It is not very intuitive; I get very bizarre outcomes when I try obvious settings. If I trim say 10 seconds in first field, then input 59mins 30 seconds at end, I get a short unplayable file rather than 59mins and 20seconds of video. What exactly does "trim beginning" and "trim end" mean?? And what is "SUP Offset"? I see references to these things in the thread but no explanations.
Thanks!
starmanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 20:56   #1219  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanj View Post
Can someone post a simple paragraph on how trim beginning and trim end works? It is not very intuitive; I get very bizarre outcomes when I try obvious settings. If I trim say 10 seconds in first field, then input 59mins 30 seconds at end, I get a short unplayable file rather than 59mins and 20seconds of video. What exactly does "trim beginning" and "trim end" mean?? And what is "SUP Offset"? I see references to these things in the thread but no explanations.
Thanks!
I think you put in the number of seconds you want trimmed, for example if you want 10 seconds trimmed at the beginning you'd put 10 in the first field. And if you wanted 10 seconds trimmed from the end you'd put 10 in the second field.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 09:44   #1220  |  Link
piratburner

Dts-hd

Hi!

It's looks like that's is not possible to get the DTS-HD track ?

I make a remux from a m2ts , First I looked at that file in mediainfo and looks ok, after the remux i looked again, and the sound have a bitrate of 1.5Mbit not Variable :-(. So its looks like this SW take the core instead.

When I ran this at tsMuxeR i got Variable bitrate :-)

Last edited by piratburner; 1st August 2008 at 10:15.
piratburner is offline   Reply With Quote