Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 21st May 2008, 05:34   #1181  |  Link
pattana

Adjust position of subtitle.

THank you for great app.

Last edited by pattana; 21st May 2008 at 07:35.
pattana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 09:01   #1182  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
I'm always ready to listen to bug reports. But I do need small samples for that reproduce the problem. In terms of new features I welcome the requests, but for now I have limited time resources for those.
I understand. No worries.
So here are some features/fixes that would interest me personally:

- Display the language and bitrate information of the various audio streams contained in an EVO or m2ts that is being added to a project.

- When muxing to BluRay with more than one audio stream, all the languages are tagged "English". It would be great to have a pulldown menu to assign other language codes to the audio streams.

- Accept elementary streams as input

- Subtitles from HD DVD (PGS) are muxed to BluRay, but they cannot be displayed by PowerDVD. A format conversion seems to be required. And yes, being able to change the position of those PGS would be great also.

- Removing the end-of-file flags from m2ts files joined with copy /b appears to work only when output = m2ts is selected, not when muxing directly to BluRay. In that context, having an "append" function in Tsremux would save a lot of time, too.

- Add ability to remove flags interlaced = 1 and pulldown = 1 from HD DVD video streams and (automatically) change fps from 29.97 to 23.976 in those cases. I believe the standalone tools that do this (vc1conv and h264info) are open source and could be integrated into Tsremux.

I do appreciate that there are other tools out there (not too far away from this thread actually) that have some or all of those features already but regardless, I think integrating them into Tsremux would make it an even more useful helper.

TIA!
S.

Last edited by Momber; 21st May 2008 at 09:19.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 09:48   #1183  |  Link
IceM

Tnx for the great tool, it does everything i hoped for.
I have one little question.

I use the tool mainly for demuxing m2ts bluray files. I was wondering if the languages of the audio and subtitle tracks can be found anywhere.
At this time its showed as ... stream #X, i was wondering if I could find the right languages somewhere on the bluray disc (just like I can with the IFO files from a DVD).
IceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 12:17   #1184  |  Link
cutadel

Unfortunately the Panasonic BD30 does not play PAL based Bluray structures on DVD created with TSRemux from H.264 TS/M2TS-files. Investigating the possible reason i found, that framerates written in the Playlist and Clipinf files are NTSC based (e.g. 29,67 instead 25 fps) and therefore contradicting with the PAL-Video in the Stream folder.
Anybody the same problem and what should i do to solve it (TsMuxer does not apply for another reason) ?
Is there a PAL-version of TSRemux or the possibility to edit the created bluray-structure ?
cutadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 18:11   #1185  |  Link
MBoufleur

Indeed, thanks for the great app!

I used it to demux some files from a new standard and I found some minor issues here.
MBoufleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 09:58   #1186  |  Link
zeropc

i have problem with a joined movie...

after i joined the movie with copy /b cmd i imported it into tsremux and exported it so that the joining gaps getting fixed. after that i imported the new file in tsmuxer which says that the dts-hd master audio is gone. there is only the core left in the stream. i haven't selected the option to output only the core in tsremux. just to make sure, i re-did it and double checked that the option for core export was not selected and still i get only the dts core in the final file.

any ideas what that could be and how to fix it?
zeropc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 15:28   #1187  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropc View Post
i have problem with a joined movie...

after i joined the movie with copy /b cmd i imported it into tsremux and exported it so that the joining gaps getting fixed. after that i imported the new file in tsmuxer which says that the dts-hd master audio is gone. there is only the core left in the stream. i haven't selected the option to output only the core in tsremux. just to make sure, i re-did it and double checked that the option for core export was not selected and still i get only the dts core in the final file.

any ideas what that could be and how to fix it?
Why not just join it using TsMuxer? I've done a few now and have had no join problems at all (unlike with TsRemux)
ByeByeBluRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 20:31   #1188  |  Link
zeropc

i was told that the joining option in tsmuxer isn't perfect yet. that's why i tried tsremux for this task.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:00   #1189  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
after that i imported the new file in tsmuxer which says that the dts-hd master audio is gone. there is only the core left in the stream.
That may just be a bug in tsMuxeR. What about file sizes? If the dts-HD information was dumped somehow, the output file would be considerably smaller than the input file.... do you still have 'em both to compare?

What if you re-import the processed file into TsRemux (instead of tsMuxeR) - does it, too, report only regular dts?

S.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:01   #1190  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
i was told that the joining option in tsmuxer isn't perfect yet.
That's true imho.

S.
Old 31st May 2008, 00:01   #1191  |  Link
Digi

Quote:
Source code link updated.

I'm always ready to listen to bug reports. But I do need small samples for that reproduce the problem. In terms of new features I welcome the requests, but for now I have limited time resources for those.
dmz01 first off fantastic app thanks for the time and effort you put into it, Now a request would it be at all possible for you to add a Split/Cut file feature similar to the one in Tsmuxer.

Thanks again
Old 31st May 2008, 05:06   #1192  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momber View Post
That's true imho.

S.
I've been using eac3to to join those horrendous branching BD disks, and the results are spectacular.
73ChargerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2008, 15:46   #1193  |  Link
zeropc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momber View Post
That may just be a bug in tsMuxeR. What about file sizes? If the dts-HD information was dumped somehow, the output file would be considerably smaller than the input file.... do you still have 'em both to compare?

What if you re-import the processed file into TsRemux (instead of tsMuxeR) - does it, too, report only regular dts?

S.
the filesize is alot smaller after running it through tsremux, which is understandable as it kicks out the hd audio data. tsmuxer reads it then as dts core. when i re-imported the new file in to tsremux, it does say dts hd master hd (weird) but when i demux this stream, i only got the core file. i demuxed the dts hd master audio from the original file and it's about 2 - 3gb bigger, depending on the movie and channel setup (5.1, 6.1, 7.1).

it seams to me that there is a bug in tsremux regarding this particular problem. i can't confirm this on every film because i mainly use tsmuxer but these branching films i use tsremux. maybe they are the problem?
Old 1st June 2008, 10:07   #1194  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
the filesize is alot smaller after running it through tsremux
Well, there is your proof. You found a bug!

Quote:
i mainly use tsmuxer but these branching films i use tsremux. maybe they are the problem?
Perhaps.
I agree with 73chargerfan that you should probably consider using eac3to for those seamless branching titles. It can detect and remove audio overlaps in the individual segments, too, which is very useful.

S.

Last edited by Momber; 1st June 2008 at 10:10.
Old 1st June 2008, 10:39   #1195  |  Link
rumpumpel1

thanks for this really nice tool.

Finally I found a tool, which makes a single seekable file from several VOB files
containing multiple audio tracks. Just the subtitles are missing.
So I would like to ask if there are any plans to support the subtitle tracks inside a VOB ?
rumpumpel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:43   #1196  |  Link
Schmendrick

@dmz01: First thank you for your great tool.

One suggestion I like to make is that it seems to be important to only burn the BDMZ-folder without the anyway empty CERTIFICATE-folder using UDF 2.50 onto a DVD+-R/RW. This has been suggested by Volker Zota in issue No.9 of the german c't-magazine. I found out that this is correct. A remuxed recording from a BBC HD-satellite transmission could be played perfectly on bluray standalone players of Samsung, Philips and Pioneer. A Sharp bluray-player just complained "incompatible media" an rejected the disc. These were the only four bluray players I have tested.

Schmendrick
Schmendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 03:28   #1197  |  Link
titof

Quote:
New version 0.21.1 - new features by spacecat56 - command line capability and performance fixes. In addition this is a bug fix release where a lot of crashes have been fixed.
Hello,

How can we use this command line ?

I would like to do a batch with tsremux and I think the command line is the best way, but I didn't find any information...

Thanks
titof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 07:21   #1198  |  Link
CiNcH

Do you guys know the format of the m2ts 4-byte timecode and what each byte represents?
Old 5th June 2008, 08:32   #1199  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH View Post
Do you guys know the format of the m2ts 4-byte timecode and what each byte represents?
It's 2 bits of copy control and then 30 bits of arrival timestamp (based on the same 27 MHz clock that's used for the Transport Stream PCR).

Ron
Old 5th June 2008, 09:22   #1200  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
It's 2 bits of copy control and then 30 bits of arrival timestamp (based on the same 27 MHz clock that's used for the Transport Stream PCR).
Thanks. Do you also have some more information (bit-wise) on the arrival timestamp to be able to use it within an application?

Last edited by CiNcH; 5th June 2008 at 09:39.
CiNcH is offline   Reply With Quote