Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th January 2010, 19:08   #1921  |  Link
Steveo08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawar49 View Post
madVR doesn't work with any of the 195.xx drivers. stick with the 191 series or older.

btw, has anyone tried using powerstrip to change their laptop refresh rate? i was able to drop my macbook pro's screen to 47.925 Hz but i can't get madVR to play smoothly.

but i tried it with an older than 195.xx or 191.xx,
i tried it with 186.xx but nothing.
Steveo08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 20:32   #1922  |  Link
SundaY82

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanger216 View Post
Same problem. MadVR worked fine on my Radeon HD3650, but I've never been able to get it to work on my GT220. Instant crash on loading a file, and there isn't a hidden exceptions dialog box. And definitely not a matter of slowness: if my HD3650 could handle 1080p in madVR, then the GT220 should be on easy street.
Can't speak for MPC HC but I run latest nvidia drivers on my gt 240 card in zoom player with madvr without any issues at all. This on a Win7 x64 system.
SundaY82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 22:02   #1923  |  Link
Steveo08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundaY82 View Post
Can't speak for MPC HC but I run latest nvidia drivers on my gt 240 card in zoom player with madvr without any issues at all. This on a Win7 x64 system.

i tested madvr on my win 7 x86 with my gt 220 and also the latest nvidia drivers in zoom player but it's the same as in mpc-hc, it's just freezing without any error message.
Old 10th January 2010, 14:20   #1924  |  Link
moviefan

I installed madVR yesterday on an ATI Radeon HD4670 and Intel Pentium DualCore E5200@3,3GHz system with Windows XP SP3 32bit and 720p as well as 1080p movies play smoothly. The image quality is severly better with madVR than with e.g. EVR custom which is really nice! Great work and keep going!
moviefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 14:33   #1925  |  Link
rpm7200

i can't use madvr with my 8800gt on windows 7 os. mpc and kmplayer freeze all time.
rpm7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 14:49   #1926  |  Link
Steveo08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm7200 View Post
i can't use madvr with my 8800gt on windows 7 os. mpc and kmplayer freeze all time.
well i've in my desktop pc a 8800gt with windows xp and madvr is working fine there, but not on my media pc, with win 7 and gt 220.
Old 10th January 2010, 15:32   #1927  |  Link
Weirdo

To all with Nvidia/madVR issues: Do you have Cuda enabled through CoreAVC?

Last edited by Weirdo; 10th January 2010 at 18:41.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 15:53   #1928  |  Link
Steveo08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
- To all with Nvidia/madVR issues: Do you have Cuda enabled through CoreAVC?
yes and no, i tried both but nothing seems to be help on my media pc with win7 and a gt 220.

but coreavc with cuda is working fine on win xp and a 8800gt.
Old 10th January 2010, 17:22   #1929  |  Link
SundaY82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
- To all with Nvidia/madVR issues: Do you have Cuda enabled through CoreAVC?
I dont have any issues but yes I have cuda enabled through coreavc 2.0 and all work well, gt 240 with latest drivers and w7 x64. I also use haali as splitter and ac3filter/reclock for audio.

For those with problems, what codecs, splitters and players do you use?
Old 13th January 2010, 08:15   #1930  |  Link
makakam

what's with playing *.ts movies? I've got one and the screen is black when using madvr.
makakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 22:54   #1931  |  Link
SundaY82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundaY82 View Post
I dont have any issues but yes I have cuda enabled through coreavc 2.0 and all work well, gt 240 with latest drivers and w7 x64. I also use haali as splitter and ac3filter/reclock for audio.

For those with problems, what codecs, splitters and players do you use?
I was a little quick it seems ... I also have freezez now and then with my setup.

So all with nvidia cards suffer from this?
Old 13th January 2010, 23:08   #1932  |  Link
Alante

Works fine for me on Windows 7 64 bit with ATi HD 4850, but it's hard to see the difference with the naked eye, feels more like a placebo. I've seen the screenshots from 1'st post and it's true you can see a difference on those color pallets but when it comes to actual practice, as in playing a video you have to put the idea in your head that there a difference and then ignore the content of the video find it. Then again, guess some high-tech Cyborgs or some robots with enhanced vision will enjoy this. If this was a feature of some product, I'd say it's a marketing gimmick, but since is just a free tool guess there's no harm in using it or whatever you feel like it..
Alante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 00:48   #1933  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante View Post
...but it's hard to see the difference with the naked eye, feels more like a placebo.
The main draw of madVR is its ability to do basic color management when used with a custom 3dlut (gamut correction with primaries, whitepoint correction, and gamma correction) powered by your GPU.

If you have a wide gamut display and you create a custom 3dlut with your display primaries, you should notice a huge difference. Also, unless your standard gamut display covers something like 95%+ of BT.709/BT.601 you should see at least a noticeable change with a custom 3dlut as well.

The ability to pick your favorite resampler (options are available with varying amounts of speed, sharpness, aliasing, etc) individually for both luma and chroma is also a very nice perk. The improved chroma upsampling and dithering does help, but you are correct that it is a bit hard to notice when video is in motion.

In any case, since you obviously have not created a custom 3dlut you shouldn't be surprised that madVR looks nearly identical to other renderers. If you don't see the benefit and/or don't have the instruments necessary to use color management, then madVR is likely rather pointless to use in its current state of functionality and stability.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 14th January 2010 at 00:50.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 01:11   #1934  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
then madVR is likely rather pointless to use in its current state of functionality and stability.

It plays SMOOTH when used with Reclock.

That alone is worth it for me.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 01:45   #1935  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
madVR is likely rather pointless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
X2, it ashames all the other video renderers when used in conjunction w/ Reclock, they all fall flat smoothness-wise(the free CMS and perfect sharpness is the icing on the cake! )

number one competition is none.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 02:09   #1936  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

While madVR is smooth when used with ReClock, I still find Haali Renderer smoother, but that is just me. I look forward to madshi implementing direct3d exclusive mode as well as making it stable.

Anyway, that post was targeted towards people like Alante who can't see the benefits of madVR, not people like you two who already love it.

That reminds me...

Madshi, has madVR been coded to handle VFR content (framerate changes) properly? Does madVR 0.11 even change the rendering framerate when a framerate change occurs? Does VFR currently break the VSync method in 0.11?

I ask only because I have begun having doubts about how well madVR actually works with VFR content. If the answer to any of these questions is no, this is something else I would like to see improved upon.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 14th January 2010 at 02:36.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 03:16   #1937  |  Link
Alante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post

That alone is worth it for me.
Maybe, but I have a Creative X-Fi XM SC + Windows 7 64 bit, which equals NO SOUND when rendering with ReClock (both WASAPI and DS) .James said he will never add ASIO support so ReClock is garbage for me since I moved to Win 7 64 bit.
Alante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 03:19   #1938  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Maybe, but I have a Creative X-Fi XM SC + Windows 7 64 bit, which equals NO SOUND when rendering with ReClock
he recently added a registry key to get KS on W7...and did you try 24bit/24 bit padded to 32/plain 32bit? there's gotta be a way to get bit-perfect audio out of Reclock on your card, but well..this is not Reclock's support thread
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 04:11   #1939  |  Link
mikelebron

I have a X-FI XM, Win 7 64 and have no issues with Reclock

Actually sounds great!

Quote:
Maybe, but I have a Creative X-Fi XM SC + Windows 7 64 bit, which equals NO SOUND when rendering with ReClock (both WASAPI and DS) .James said he will never add ASIO support so ReClock is garbage for me since I moved to Win 7 64 bit.
mikelebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2010, 09:46   #1940  |  Link
moviefan

How can I create a custom 3dlut for my display?
moviefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling