Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th May 2002, 03:40   #1  |  Link
Xrat

Help needed: How to mux 1080i mpeg2 and ac3 to Transport Stream (TS)???

I am looking for the soft which would multiplex the 1920x1080 20Mbit mpeg2 and Dolby ac3 files into Transport Stream.
I rendered 1920x1080 CG file in Adobe AE and encoded it with TMPGEnc to 20Mbit 1080i mpeg2. Now, I need to mux it with *.ac3 to create the Transport Stream to record it on D-VHS deck.
Found many demuxers but not TS muxer.
Thank you.
Xrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2002, 15:17   #2  |  Link
ChristianHJW

I'm not completely sure what you are trying to do, but have you ever tried to mux that to good old AVI format using nandub ? No, wait .... AVI cant handle MPEG2, only MPEG1 .... Hmmmm, clueless i hate to admit.

Neither OGM nor MP4 can hold MPEG2 and AC2 AFAIK, and MCF is not yet ready to use ..... seems you have to be patient for some more time, sorry !
Old 15th May 2002, 01:35   #3  |  Link
tenebrenz

I believe a Transport Strean is a form MPEG2 strean but the data is muxed into much smaller packets to enable easier transmission when different channels are multiplexed on the same frequency. Avi, ogg, mcf would be of no use here, actually this is probably the wrong forum to be asking this question. Should be the capture one really...

Anyway a quich search on google turned up nothing so I think this type of stream is hardware created only, which sounds sensible considering it's purpose. Xrat, I was wondering, if you did manage to create this stream on your PC how would you output it to your D-VHS? I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.
Old 15th May 2002, 18:20   #4  |  Link
Nic

Hi,

I have also been looking for this...Your best place to ask is in the www.avsforum.com there was a program made there that should do it (didn't work for me though ) (theres a section on avsforum.com that is for home computer theatres (or similar))

If you find a good one, post back here.
(ps sorry not to be more specific with the program name, I dont have the links here, but Ill post them if you have no luck finding it)

(Also, Transport Streams will be bigger than a standard program stream, because of the PCR, PID, etc TS header info....at least I think thats right )

Cheers,
-Nic
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2002, 20:59   #5  |  Link
Xrat

It seems to work...

OK, Softmpeg from Nanocosmos seem to create valid transport stream. I managed to encode 16 Mbit mpeg and record it to D-VHS. I did notice some artifacts - need to play more with settings...
However, when I used TMPGEnc to encode and Nanocosmos just to mux - would not play on D-VHS at all!
Xrat
Xrat is offline   Reply With Quote