Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Closed Thread

Old 20th October 2008, 07:41   #1  |  Link
kenny1999

AutoGK and DVDFab HD Decrypter unable to function

after many failure of turning my DVD videos' into AVI or any other computer format I finally format and reinstall windows xp pro.

I freshly installed AutoGK and to use it with DVD shrink, I get those VOB files from DVD by DVD shrink, and go to turn those into AVI by AutoGK, there are no error during the installation process of AutoGK, but it just stops at "second pass" and no audio at all, only video. I am in vail, I feel very frustrated, I am sure there is no harddisk problem and my DVD disc is perfect, some people told me to re-install AutoGK then I reinstall the whole operating system to have everything clean, the AVI generated has three problems.

- It takes very very long time after first pass.. (several hours)
- Video with No sound... (of coz original DVD has sound...), it doesn't process the "second pass"
- I chose to restrict to 700MB, but it gives me 1.17GB...

I cry...........

Last edited by kenny1999; 21st October 2008 at 04:27.
Old 20th October 2008, 09:26   #2  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1999
- It takes very very long time after first pass.. (several hours)
As I explained in your other thread on this same subject, it takes hours to convert.
Quote:
- Video with No sound... (of coz original DVD has sound...), it doesn't process the "second pass"
If it didn't complete the second pass, there would be no video to play with no sound. If the file contains the original AC3 audio from the disk, you need something like AC3Filter installed for the audio to play.
Quote:
- I chose to restrict to 700MB, but it gives me 1.17GB...
As I recommended in your other thread on this same subject, try DVDFab HD Decrypter to pre-rip the disk to your hard drive. If you did not install Xvid prior to or after installing AutoGK, the problem with your file output size may be a result of an advanced encryption on the disk that needs to be removed, something that neither AutoGK nor DVD Shrink can do.
Old 20th October 2008, 10:33   #3  |  Link
kenny1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR03 View Post
As I explained in your other thread on this same subject, it takes hours to convert.

If it didn't complete the second pass, there would be no video to play with no sound. If the file contains the original AC3 audio from the disk, you need something like AC3Filter installed for the audio to play.

As I recommended in your other thread on this same subject, try DVDFab HD Decrypter to pre-rip the disk to your hard drive. If you did not install Xvid prior to or after installing AutoGK, the problem with your file output size may be a result of an advanced encryption on the disk that needs to be removed, something that neither AutoGK nor DVD Shrink can do.

Thank you , ... but I know if it doesn't do second pass there will be no audio... but it is not I stop its second pass but it just pops up an error windows and stop proceeding to second pass...
but what is AC3 audio? And what is AC3Filter? I am newbie to all this thing maybe I just want to know how to know if it is AC3 audio or not, in my AutoGK windows it just shows "??? LPCM 2ch" in Audio tracks ,and almost different discs give different marks(yes, three question marks in front of LPCM 2ch)

Use DVDFab HD Decrypter? So can I uninstall DVD Shrink? It was at first somebody introduce me that DVD Shrink +AutoGK = Perfect. So is that DVDFab HD Decrypter is better than DVD shrink?

By the way , i am sure I have installed the required version of Xvid because after installation of AutoGK "Xvid" folder automatically appear in my program menu, I am sure that it was done during the setup of AutoGK.... so it was not that you said I had no Xvid...

so I cry
Old 20th October 2008, 10:41   #4  |  Link
Lance

You have google experience ?

Go here:

http://ac3filter.net/

Download AC3 File AND AC3 Filter and install them. Then try again.

@several hours: how much space do you have left on c:\ ? Some people have only a few MByte left and do not own enough RAM. So swapping could indeed make the process a long time longer. Also try Divx if you think, Xvid does not work. You need to download divx and install.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:30   #5  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

Quote:
Thank you , ... but I know if it doesn't do second pass there will be no audio... but it is not I stop its second pass but it just pops up an error windows and stop proceeding to second pass...
The second pass takes longest. When you stop it, you're getting a partially completed file, and the audio hasn't even been muxed in yet, so of course there is no sound.

Quote:
Use DVDFab HD Decrypter? So can I uninstall DVD Shrink? It was at first somebody introduce me that DVD Shrink +AutoGK = Perfect. So is that DVDFab HD Decrypter is better than DVD shrink?
I've already explained it twice.

Quote:
so it was not that you said I had no Xvid...
That's not what I said. If you had no Xvid, AutoGK would never have started the encode at all. Let's try it this way: Did you at any time install Xvid by itself, either before or after installing AutoGK?

You said above "it doesn't process the 'second pass'" - you didn't mention that you were stopping it because it was taking too long. Please be clear with things like that, or no one can help you.

Lance, I appreciate that you're trying to help, but I'm afraid you're only going to confuse him by recommending DivX. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with Xvid in his case, other than impatience.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:33   #6  |  Link
kenny1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
You have google experience ?

Go here:

http://ac3filter.net/

Download AC3 File AND AC3 Filter and install them. Then try again.

@several hours: how much space do you have left on c:\ ? Some people have only a few MByte left and do not own enough RAM. So swapping could indeed make the process a long time longer. Also try Divx if you think, Xvid does not work. You need to download divx and install.
it is because i don't think my hardware is that worse so i think taking 6-8 hours to do a conversion of an approx 2 hours DVD is too painful and I doubt if I have to suck it up

my pc without dual core , intel 945G, video sound lan card on board , pentinum 4 3.00GHz, 2.00GB DDR2 RAM, windows xp pro, freshly formatted and OS freshly installed so 4-5GB used while 160GB total, another 1000GB HD as storage

It stops at the beginning of second pass and give this windows as an error

Last edited by kenny1999; 20th October 2008 at 11:36.
Old 20th October 2008, 11:47   #7  |  Link
kenny1999

Quote:
The second pass takes longest. When you stop it, you're getting a partially completed file, and the audio hasn't even been muxed in yet, so of course there is no sound.

I've already explained it twice.

That's not what I said. If you had no Xvid, AutoGK would never have started the encode at all. Let's try it this way: Did you at any time install Xvid by itself, either before or after installing AutoGK?

You said above "it doesn't process the 'second pass'" - you didn't mention that you were stopping it because it was taking too long. Please be clear with things like that, or no one can help you.

Lance, I appreciate that you're trying to help, but I'm afraid you're only going to confuse him by recommending DivX. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with Xvid in his case, other than impatience.

ok,let me make myself clear, from the moment I press "Start" in AutoGK It takes approx 2.5 hours to finish "first pass", and before the second pass starts it gives an error box and stops, so I did never stop it because it takes too long, i am not just sitting and doing nothing to wait so there is no impatience.

your question - Did you at any time install Xvid by itself, either before or after installing AutoGK?

Forget yesterday, today I has just freshly installed the whole windows system starting from "format" , after that, I install lan card drive and get online to download DVD shrink and then AutoGK, during the installation of AutoGK there is a part where it needs to install Xvid, that's all, I never installed Xvid by myself before and after installation of AutoGK, except the time during the installation of AutoGK it guides me to do so.
Old 20th October 2008, 12:42   #8  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

I haven't found anything definitive about that error, but I suspect it has to do with your ripped files. As suggested earlier, use DVDFab HD Decrypter, select Main Movie, select your destination drive and rip. It should take around 10 minutes. Once that's done, select the first .VOB file (which should be VTS_01_1.VOB) in AutoGK and it will automatically load all the pertaining files needed. It should also work if you select the .IFO file, but try the .VOB first.

It's going to take 6-8 hours. That's not too bad - I use x264 and a few extra filters on an AMD Sempron 3.0 GHz, and a lot of my encodes take 18-24 hours. Fortunately the computer is on and idling otherwise or it might really bother me.
Old 20th October 2008, 13:20   #9  |  Link

@kenny1999

Read and obey our forum rules. You've violated two of them with this thread:

1. It's a crosspost of your existing thread. Use the same thread to continue discussion.

2. Your title is useless, it has to describe the content of your post.

So please fix your thread title ASAP. Strikes can follow for failure to obey the forum rules.

http://forum.doom9.org/forum-rules.htm
Old 21st October 2008, 04:26   #10  |  Link
kenny1999

Quote:
I haven't found anything definitive about that error, but I suspect it has to do with your ripped files. As suggested earlier, use DVDFab HD Decrypter, select Main Movie, select your destination drive and rip. It should take around 10 minutes. Once that's done, select the first .VOB file (which should be VTS_01_1.VOB) in AutoGK and it will automatically load all the pertaining files needed. It should also work if you select the .IFO file, but try the .VOB first.

It's going to take 6-8 hours. That's not too bad - I use x264 and a few extra filters on an AMD Sempron 3.0 GHz, and a lot of my encodes take 18-24 hours. Fortunately the computer is on and idling otherwise or it might really bother me.
It can't process by that DVDFab HD Decrypter...

I captured the screen , i've tried several times already

Last edited by Guest; 21st October 2008 at 06:02. Reason: rule 16
Old 21st October 2008, 05:19   #11  |  Link

I deleted your image because it contains profanity, which violates our forum rules. You better shape up, kenny1999, you were asked to read and follow our rules and you're just blowing them off.
Old 21st October 2008, 05:59   #12  |  Link
setarip_old

@kenny1999

Hi!
Quote:
I get those VOB files from DVD by DVD shrink
Quote:
It can't process by that DVDFab HD Decrypter...
This is a contradiction, as DVDFab HD Decrypter is far more capable of ripping DVDs than is (the very old) DVD Shrink.

What is the Title and Region number of your problematic original DVD?
Old 21st October 2008, 06:02   #13  |  Link

kenny1999, your edit of the image is not sufficiently obfuscated, so I deleted it again.
Old 21st October 2008, 07:21   #14  |  Link
kenny1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@kenny1999

Hi!This is a contradiction, as DVDFab HD Decrypter is far more capable of ripping DVDs than is (the very old) DVD Shrink.

What is the Title and Region number of your problematic original DVD?

That 's some old DVD and is also a copy, not original, but is totally a DVD format that can be played by home DVD player , not only computer

i try two times with DVD HD drecrpter but it gives error too. I don't know the error, i capture the screen.

Last edited by kenny1999; 21st October 2008 at 07:24.
Old 21st October 2008, 09:24   #15  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

Since you are having so much trouble trying to encode from this copy, why not use the original disk? My only guess at this point is that your copy is defective, or was not properly stripped of protection beforehand.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:08   #16  |  Link
setarip_old

@kenny1999
Quote:
That 's some old DVD and is also a copy, not original, but is totally a DVD format that can be played by home DVD player , not only computer
This in no way explains your claim that DVD Shrink CAN successfully rip the DVD, but DVDFab HD Decrypter CANNOT.

Why the secrecy about the DVD's Title and Region? Sharing it with us might provide some insight regarding possible ripping problems...
Old 21st October 2008, 14:02   #17  |  Link

The title has a profanity in it and he can't give it without violating rule 4.

I've searched for a commercial DVD with that title and didn't find one.

Just based on this:

Quote:
That 's some old DVD and is also a copy, not original
...I am closing the thread.

Last edited by Guest; 21st October 2008 at 14:06.
Closed Thread