Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 23rd January 2010, 22:29   #2061  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
Reclock's job is to resample the audio(up to 192kHz oversampling to keep the sound as clear as possible) to perfectly match the video hardware refresh rate...you can't resample S/PDIF packets.

you could let it resample in PCM then do AC3 encoding on top to send it over S/PDIF...depending on how high your SQ expectations are, or transport resampled PCM over HDMI or analog cables. there's no free lunch here
OK, thanks for the hint.
The strange thing is, when I switch to EVR CP I get much smoother playment, so I'm wondering if it's because MadVR doesn't handle 24P well?
somy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 04:10   #2062  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by somy View Post
The strange thing is, when I switch to EVR CP I get much smoother playment, so I'm wondering if it's because MadVR doesn't handle 24P well?
I think Beliyaal was trying to use Reclock in bit-perfect mode over his EVR CP(but Reclock was hiccuping from time to time from what I read)...I never tried either 24Hz playback or his EVR CP, but getting butter smooth video playback w/o Reclock is illusional IMHO(except if madshi strikes back! )
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 19:36   #2063  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
I think Beliyaal was trying to use Reclock in bit-perfect mode over his EVR CP(but Reclock was hiccuping from time to time from what I read)...I never tried either 24Hz playback or his EVR CP, but getting butter smooth video playback w/o Reclock is illusional IMHO(except if madshi strikes back! )
That explains, the old version of MPC-HC which doesn't have Sync render works fine for me.
Old 24th January 2010, 21:04   #2064  |  Link
ginhead

greetings,

could anyone let me know if there is a known issue with madvr and directx 11? I recently installed a new game, which I believe updated my directx version. up to that point, madvr was working seamlessly. I found someone with a similar issue here (w/o any resolution).

In mpc and zoom player (or in graphstudio), the graph will connect, but the file will not play. until the program stops responding.

I'd sincerely appreciate any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this - i'm really missing the awesome madvr pq.

-jeff
ginhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 01:21   #2065  |  Link
flanger216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante View Post
Ignorant blather ignorant blather ignorant blather ignorant blather ignorant blather
As always, I hope that foot tastes good.

Seriously, can we at least lock the guy out of this thread?
flanger216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 01:33   #2066  |  Link
flanger216

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
The wide colorspace usually does not help, all it does is make the colors look wrong, if you can configure wide to be rec709 accurate though, do it.

As far as xvYCC goes, now thats very interesting, it can only work on windows 7 and you'll need a hdmi 1.3 videocard.
What it does is increase the number of colors available within the existing rec709 limits, suddonly instead of 255 reds you have 40xx reds, which could result in a much more realistic picture.
madVR could use this to not only actually display very accurate video but maybe even dither the existing values to look even more realistic phycovisually(at the cost of pure mathematical accuracy ofcourse).
Very cool, man... thanks for the info.

I did go ahead and calibrate to a wide-gamut, and while my custom LUT brought everything within a reasonable accuracy, it offered no visual improvements and even seemed to introduce a touch of banding. Definitely seems that, if you can enable a standard gamut on your display, just stick with that.

Ah, but I'm excited to hear that xvYCC actually could improve things. My whole display chain is xvYCC, but, like a previous poster mentioned, I'd been baffled as to how to enable it. Good to know that it's solely a DirectX feature. Also, I imagine Deep Color would be similarly beneficial...? Do any current renderers take advantage of this stuff?
flanger216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 04:20   #2067  |  Link
roozhou

I am using a 7300LE in my office. Maybe it is a bit "low-end", but still shows the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
requirements:
- graphics card with full Direct3D9 hardware support
- at least 128MB of dedicated graphics card memory
- check
- 256MB DDR2

Quote:
What resolution and how much video ram do you have? Use GPU-z 0.3.8 to check how much is actually being used. If you are trying to play a resolution that requires more video ram than you have, then there will be major lag.
704x480@30fps -> 853x480
Memory Used:
33M (w/o 3dlut) 153M(w/ 3dlut)

Quote:
It does that, but what is the effect/problem/issue?
Video turns black before showing next frame.

Quote:
It might appear/be that way because there is a 4 frame queue/buffer of some sort.
Why is madVR doing this? There is no such problem with other renderers. It may also bring A/V async.

Quote:
Try use GPU-z 0.3.8 to find out how taxing each scaling algorithm is on your GPU core and GPU RAM/bandwidth.
I tried every algorithm. Only bilinear gives smooth playback. Well, even Overlay Mixer gives bilinear scaling.
roozhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 07:54   #2068  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozhou View Post
I am using a 7300LE in my office. Maybe it is a bit "low-end", but still shows the problem.
Video turns black before showing next frame.
Why is madVR doing this? There is no such problem with other renderers. It may also bring A/V async.
I tried every algorithm. Only bilinear gives smooth playback. Well, even Overlay Mixer gives bilinear scaling.
Was the problem the black flicker or something else?
Video turns/flickers black and the video keeps on playing?
I'm pretty sure most Video Renderers have a render queue.
It *sounds* like that card is not fast enough to renderer the 30 or so fps while doing the processing for image scaling. If your card is not fast enough, then perhaps MadVR might not be an appropriate video renderer for your setup.

What I think could be possible bottlenecks: CPU usage, GPU Core usage, GPU RAM speed/usage...

My 9600M GT does around 10% for no scaling, 40% for 540p-> 480p, 30% for 540p->720p on MadVR's default settings. It is smooth like.. smooth.

Last edited by namaiki; 25th January 2010 at 07:57.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 08:53   #2069  |  Link
somy

Has anyone tried to use MadVR with new MPC-HC release with sync renderer?
The movie playback becomes laggy, I'm wondering the new release might break something in MadVR
Old 25th January 2010, 08:59   #2070  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by somy View Post
The movie playback becomes laggy
After how long? What should I be looking for? I'm going to try MPC-HC 1557 32-bit right now..

edit: 1557 with MadVR appears to be the same for me... compared to 1281 ^^;

Last edited by namaiki; 25th January 2010 at 09:06.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:20   #2071  |  Link
somy

Quote:
After how long? What should I be looking for? I'm going to try MPC-HC 1557 32-bit right now..

edit: 1557 with MadVR appears to be the same for me... compared to 1281 ^^;
From the very beginning of the movie, and I can see judder all the time during the movie. The funny things is, when I turn on info, I can see there is NO frame lost/delayed......
Please give a try and let me know the result. It's more noticable when I play 24P on 23.976HZ device
Old 25th January 2010, 09:23   #2072  |  Link
namaiki

My laptop only does 62Hz.

Try use ReClock.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:26   #2073  |  Link
somy

Quote:
My laptop only does 62Hz.

Try use ReClock.
62HZ?
Old 25th January 2010, 09:27   #2074  |  Link
namaiki

Short story shorter, it says 60Hz, but ReClock picks it up as 61.8Hz and adjusts the video framerate so the refresh rate can be divided cleanish-ly by the number of frames per second of the video. 23.976FPS -> 24.8FPS
Old 25th January 2010, 09:30   #2075  |  Link
somy

Quote:
Short story shorter, it says 60Hz, but ReClock picks it up as 61.8Hz and adjusts the video framerate.
OK, if you use ReClock everything should be smooth.
I just don't like the idea to do audio decoding in order to make ReClock work.
My problem is, I want smooth 24P playback on 23.976HZ monitor.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:43   #2076  |  Link
namaiki

since the material is 24p, can you change the refresh rate of the monitor to be a multiplier of the framerate (24, 48, 72, 120hz)?
Old 25th January 2010, 09:47   #2077  |  Link
somy

Quote:
since the material is 24p, can you change the refresh rate of the monitor to be a multiplier of the framerate (24, 48, 72, 120hz)?
For 24P the FPS is 23.976 (24/1.0001) which matches my refresh rate 23.976HZ, and I assume the playback should be smooth at least during the most time of the playback, however it's not the case with MadVR and the new MPC-HC.
Old 25th January 2010, 10:02   #2078  |  Link
namaiki

So, if you revert back to an older MPC-HC the judder goes away?
Old 25th January 2010, 10:23   #2079  |  Link
somy

Quote:
So, if you revert back to an older MPC-HC the judder goes away?
Not tried yet, but I remember before I upgrade everything works fine. BTW, I also upgrade my graphics driver to 9.12, it could also be the driver issue.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:20   #2080  |  Link
janos666

Everything works fine on my desktop computer. I installed the same software versions (Win7 x76, MPC-HC, FFDShow, madVR) on my notebook (T6250, 8600M GT with forceware 195.62) but I cannot open any movies with madVR.
MPC-HC works well with EVR but it can't to open any files with madVR. (I tried to disable every possible madVR features but MPC-HC always crashes during file openings.) It shows a gray screen and one of the CPU cores is fully loaded but nothing happens. (I tried to wait some minutes). Nothing happens until I click somewhere on the MPC-HC window and Windows ask me about what should it do with this... Any ideas?
janos666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling