Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 5th March 2006, 17:48   #41  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursamtl
This includes a modified version of ac3enc.dll that seems to solve the problem with low volume
Is it possible to apply same modification to regular ffmpeg???
dimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2006, 19:34   #42  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
Is it possible to apply same modification to regular ffmpeg???
I think all recent ac3enc.dll (for BeSweet, for WaveWizard) are similar to ac3enc.dll from HeadAC3he v0.24-a13 by Dark Avenger 15.12.2004. Also ffmpeg do the same volume output (50%) like the dll's.

But only HeadAC3he have a parameter "Gain" send and applied for the dll. Then if we have a source normalized 100% and put 6 dB (x2) Gain the ac3 output go to 100% also.

Then the possible midification is only multiply by 2 the signal at the correct point.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2006, 20:40   #43  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51
I think all recent ac3enc.dll (for BeSweet, for WaveWizard) are similar to ac3enc.dll from HeadAC3he v0.24-a13 by Dark Avenger 15.12.2004. Also ffmpeg do the same volume output (50%) like the dll's.

But only HeadAC3he have a parameter "Gain" send and applied for the dll. Then if we have a source normalized 100% and put 6 dB (x2) Gain the ac3 output go to 100% also.

Then the possible midification is only multiply by 2 the signal at the correct point.
Can You create feature request @ ffmpeg development site? (your english is much more better)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpeg/
dimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 04:54   #44  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
Can You create feature request @ ffmpeg development site?
Done.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2006, 22:15   #45  |  Link
ursamtl

Just thought I'd let everyone whose following the thread know that I've tried testing this guide with Foobar v0.9 (which is now the only one available on the Foobar web site) but v0.9 does not support most v0.8x plugins, including the ones mentioned above. Fortunately, those who don't have v0.83 can still find it at Really Rare Wares (link in the guide). Too bad, there are a lot of great plugins that won't work in the new version.
ursamtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2006, 20:40   #46  |  Link
Betchin

I don't get something, Can someone Explain the part of installing the bride plugins in foobar. And where can I get that foobar2winampplugin??? I do not really get that part
Betchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2006, 13:01   #47  |  Link
ursamtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betchin
I don't get something, Can someone Explain the part of installing the bride plugins in foobar. And where can I get that foobar2winampplugin??? I do not really get that part
It's quite simple. In the directory where you install foobar, there's a subdirectory called Components. Simply put the bridge plugin files in there then restart foobar. As for the files themselves, the links are in this message. Be sure to use foobar v0.83 only. Don't use v0.9; it won't work).

Give these a try and if you can't get things to work, let us know and we'll try and get you up and running.

Good luck!
Steve.
Old 25th April 2006, 13:36   #48  |  Link
Betchin

I don't want to doublepost but figured out what I did wrong now (I confused the vstplugin with the dsp). Though there is one slight problem...the bridge plugin winamp dsp is not a valid link. It immediately refers me to some .txt
and I have tried to search it up on google though without any results ...
Old 25th April 2006, 18:01   #49  |  Link
ursamtl

The author seems to be rewriting it for v0.9 and has taken the old version down in the meantime. I don't have the file on my computer right now as I'm at work. Perhaps someone else might send it to you. Otherwise, try Googling a bit more. Some of those asian sites may have it for download. Try clicking on the Google "Translate this page" link. In the meantime, I'm working on another totally free way to produce these surround files using the V.I algorithm. It'll be much simpler than this guide (only 1 step) and will produce the same results. Just give me some time to put a couple of things together and you'll have it.

Regards,
Steve.
Old 29th April 2006, 13:03   #50  |  Link
Betchin

that would be really nice ! Could you keep us up with the information when you have finished it xD?

I think this is one hard way to convert stereo to surround. I was looking over the internet for some other solutions but found none.

I wish u luck with your work !
Old 29th April 2006, 13:32   #51  |  Link
ursamtl

Actually there are quite a few ways around. Some work better than others and some are more complicated than others. The results vary.

Anyway, if all goes well, I hope to have the first working Beta version of my 1-step, non-VST version of V.I available by the end of the this weekend. I just have some last-minute testing to do and a bit of error trapping to add. It won't be fancy, but it will work!

Regards,
Steve.
Old 30th April 2006, 18:55   #52  |  Link
Betchin

Im not very good in all this encode stuff. I can't find out what is the easiest way to convert a simple mp3 to surround or 5.1

Is there a simple way?
Old 30th April 2006, 22:54   #53  |  Link
ursamtl

If you check out the various threads on here, I'm sure you can find lots of instructions for encoding. Depends on what you want? Do you want to make DVDs with surround audio or surround CDs? Or perhaps you just want surround files you can play back on your PC. Most ways are actually a lot simpler than they may seem once you get the right procedure.

Whenever possible, I recommend not using an MP3 as a source. MP3 is a "lossy" compression format meaning that some of the original sound information was during the conversion to MP3. This is often the high frequency content that gives the audio a sense of "air" or the dynamic range. MP3 encoding is far better now than it was a few years ago, but it depends on a lot of factors. Even for supposed "CD quality" MP3s, some people can hear the difference.

If you have no other source then obviously, it's better than nothing but if you do have access to wave files or lossless sources (flac, ape or shn files) the end result will be better.
Old 2nd May 2006, 04:23   #54  |  Link
raquete

hi ursamtl
how i load one group of files(10 or more flfr,clfe and slsr)to encode with wavewizard like "batch file"?

thanks for one more great guide.
raquete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:03   #55  |  Link
ursamtl

To be honest, I don't know. I've never tried batch work with ww. Perhaps you could post your question in the WaveWizard thread or send a message to johnman. I'm at work right now so I can't do any testing on it.

Sorry,
Steve.
Old 22nd June 2006, 00:51   #56  |  Link
ursamtl

Just a note to let Plogue fans know that a new time-limited demo has just been released. This one works until Sept. 16, 2006. For those who purchased the early bird licence, this is simply version 0.92 and will work with your licence indefinitely.
Old 25th August 2006, 17:20   #57  |  Link
ursamtl

Just thought I'd let people know that I updated the guide slightly to link to a new Foobar Bridge to Winamp plugin that's compatible with Foobar v9.x. You can find it at http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/redir.php?id=682. I'm very busy right now but as soon as I have time, I'll update the guide pictures and procedures. I also have some other tips for producing the most professional sounding 5.1 possible all with completely free and legal software.

Regards,
Steve.
Old 25th August 2006, 19:03   #58  |  Link
raquete

Quote:
also have some other tips for producing the most professional sounding 5.1...
most professional?

thank you Steve.
raquete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2006, 20:13   #59  |  Link
Elektra999
DTS Pro Series

Hello Steve.

I hope anxious, your new guides and programs je je

Old 25th August 2006, 20:15   #60  |  Link
Elektra999
DTS Pro Series

Je has to me very intrigued Steve je je