Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Closed Thread

Old 17th October 2003, 08:19   #121  |  Link
int 21h
Still Laughing

It will not...

I think you'll need VOB output from Rejig before you can deal with the subs.. (without reauthoring a DVD that is..)
Old 17th October 2003, 12:51   #122  |  Link
DVDRFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by JvD
Thanks DVDRFreak!
Will this method keep the possibility of subs?
This method keeps the original DVD structure in tact. So all the subs yoy do not strip with IfoEdit will remain. By the way if you want to reauthor a DVD with subs the easyest way is to use DoItFast4U to demux all the stuff you want and the compress it with Requant's CCEdata.txt imput feature.
Old 17th October 2003, 13:16   #123  |  Link
JvD
VSOP

Thanks again! I have tried what you descibed in earlier post and it works really great. Will do some reading on DoItFast4U to see what i can do and HOW. "Ill be back!"
Old 18th October 2003, 11:34   #124  |  Link
DVDRFreak

Athoring Module

Hi Nic,

Found on sourceforge some sources to author a DVD maybe these will be also useable for this new tool. Don't now however how good they are. Project is called DVDAuthor.
Old 18th October 2003, 12:59   #125  |  Link
JvD
VSOP

Quote:
Originally posted by DVDRFreak
This method keeps the original DVD structure in tact. So all the subs yoy do not strip with IfoEdit will remain. By the way if you want to reauthor a DVD with subs the easyest way is to use DoItFast4U to demux all the stuff you want and the compress it with Requant's CCEdata.txt imput feature.
OK, tried it! Ripped the complete DVD, rund the main-movie-vobs trough ReJig, Demuxed, the sound. Then Muxed it togheter in Ifoedit creating new vobs. Replaced the old ones with this new set of vobs. In Ifoedit, got VTS sectors, and saved it. When playing it, THERE ARE NO SUBS? WHAT DID I DO WRONG? I didnt stripp anything. The picture is amazing, with hte speed in mind. Sure, CCE makes perfect copies. The day this transcoder is placed under som great GUI, in a smart all-in-one-solution, this product WILL rock (it allready does). Keep on working guys!
Old 18th October 2003, 15:03   #126  |  Link
Exo

Hi JvD

You can either rip the subtitles with vobedit to sup files
and use those sup files in Ifoedit's DVD Author mode or
you can use Ifoedit's remux function to simply replace the
video in your original vob with your ReJigged m2v (and
keep all original audio and subpicture tracks, also the menus
should work as in the original).
Old 18th October 2003, 15:55   #127  |  Link
Nic

@DVDRFreak: Way ahead of you Already ported DVDAuthor to Win32...with a combination of mplex -f 8 and dvdauthor all built in, things may go quite well Ill also add code to automate IFOEdit, as that is the tried and tested method (even if it's not opensource )
Old 18th October 2003, 16:29   #128  |  Link
DVDRFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic
@DVDRFreak: Way ahead of you Already ported DVDAuthor to Win32...with a combination of mplex -f 8 and dvdauthor all built in, things may go quite well Ill also add code to automate IFOEdit, as that is the tried and tested method (even if it's not opensource )
Wow can't wait to test this sucker. Way to go Nic.
Old 18th October 2003, 17:14   #129  |  Link
layer3maniac

This is REALLY exciting. Kudos on all your work, Nic. It's hard to believe how far this has come in such a short time. You are amazing! Keep up the good work, and BTW, thank you!
Old 18th October 2003, 17:33   #130  |  Link
DVDRFreak

Performance

Hi Nic,

in your code for the engine in 0.3a there is still the printing of the percentage for the command line version removing it will save some time. Removed the all printf commands in general and it was 1-2% faster.
Old 18th October 2003, 22:53   #131  |  Link
JvD
VSOP

OK, thanks for all help. Now I got it to work. I used Vobedit to rip subpicture streams (is this neceserry?). The joind them all together (m2v, ac3 ond sup) in Ifoedit (do I really need to do all three?). Replaced the original VOB-files (movie) with these new ones. VOILAT! It worked fine. THANKS MATES! But i AM SOOOO bad at calculating the size (in %) for the moviefiles. The movie ended up too big (100MB:-) Yeas, i AM really lousy ;-)
Old 18th October 2003, 23:47   #132  |  Link
DVDRFreak

Quote:
Originally posted by JvD
OK, thanks for all help. Now I got it to work. I used Vobedit to rip subpicture streams (is this neceserry?). The joind them all together (m2v, ac3 ond sup) in Ifoedit (do I really need to do all three?). Replaced the original VOB-files (movie) with these new ones. VOILAT! It worked fine. THANKS MATES! But i AM SOOOO bad at calculating the size (in %) for the moviefiles. The movie ended up too big (100MB:-) Yeas, i AM really lousy ;-)
For a movie only backup this could be a method (so a DVD without extra's or menu's). You indeed need a substream a AC3 stream and a M2V stream for a DVD with sound and subtitles.

If you want just to shrink a DVD to fit on one DVDR do the following.

1) Rip it to harddisc with DVDDecryptor.
2) Strip all stuff you do not want out with IfoEdit (there are somegood guides on the doom9.org site) or browse the ifoedit forum.
3) Check the size of the stripped projects (for example it is 4.8 GB). So you need to shrink the total by 4.8GB-4.37GB=0.43GB.
For now there is no way to tell with ReJig how big the M2V sreams are in a VOB so to be able to see this demux all VOB's to M2V to see the size. Then calculate a percentage to save the amount of space needed.
4) ReJig the M2V's with the calculated percentage.
5) Start IfoEdit and select a ifo belonging to a Rejig M2V. Under the menu VOB extra's select Remux M2V. In the dialog select your new M2V.
6) When IfoEdit has finished replace the original VOB/IFO files with the new ones created by ifo edit.
7) Repeat step 5 and 6 for all Rejiged M2V files.
8) When all is done open IfoEdit once more and press GET VTS sectors.

Now we have a fully working DVD with menu's subtitles extra's. That will fit on a DVDR disc.
Old 19th October 2003, 23:32   #133  |  Link
Nic

ReJig 0.3b

Well i'm working loads on ReJig, but this version doesn't allow you to do much more, I'm away tuesday-thursday, so I thought I'd release this and fix little things since 0.3a (i.e. has mmgrover's code, jsoto's ac3 correction, dvdrfreak's suggestion of removing printfs, also no one had noticed the audio delay always reported 0ms etc)

But there's lots of new code inside that hasn't been turned on really yet For example, With the code that's in there you can rip a ifo parsed PGC video straight from DVD to a M2V file (it's very unpolished at present, but works fine). So even though it seems not much of a step forward with 0.3b, the next proper version (0.4), should have a lot more...

(...spent the last hour with a hex editor seeing how .sup files work for IFOEdit. Easy to add, that will be in the next version so you can demux to sup)

http://nic.dnsalias.com/ReJig.zip
http://nic.dnsalias.com/ReJig_src.zip
(Sourcecode is always updated with every release and always at that link, sometimes I'm just too lazy to type the link with every release )

-Nic

ps
Thanks for all the testing and feedback, helps loads!
Special thanks goto maven, because i've done a really shameful hack to get VStrip to do all the work for me, one day ill neaten it up (but it works )
Old 20th October 2003, 00:39   #134  |  Link
DMagic1

It would be nice if there was something to aid people in calculating their %.
Old 20th October 2003, 02:22   #135  |  Link
Macanudo

Possible Feature

I remember reading somewhere that it was possible for Transcoders to change the resolution. I think it is an option in ReMpeg2. If it is possible, I think it would be a great feature to add to Rejig.

You could reduce the resolution to 352x480, which as you know is still DVD complaint, and eliminate blocking at low bitrates. This might allow you to keep some extras at low bitrates that you would otherwise delete.

Just a suggestion,
Macanudo
Old 20th October 2003, 04:08   #136  |  Link
int 21h
Still Laughing

Currently with this engine it is not possible as it would require subsampling of the motion vectors... also, unless you had some specific filtering applied to the subsampled vectors, you would introduce a good amount of distortion.
Old 20th October 2003, 06:13   #137  |  Link
jhmac

Sorry for the newbie questions...
When I demux should't I get 2 files a .mpa & .mpv files? Also the 2 recompress buttons what are the difference between them? What is the best way to mux the files back together? I am playing with this tool but really don't know how to use effectivly.

OK first I load the vob files then demux the audio then recompress the video now I think I mux and convert to vobs with ifoedit but not sure if this is correct or how to do this. Anyone feel like giving a crash course in ReJig'ln a movie!

Thank You!

Last edited by jhmac; 20th October 2003 at 06:19.
Old 20th October 2003, 08:05   #138  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi Nic
Quote:
(...spent the last hour with a hex editor seeing how .sup files work for IFOEdit. Easy to add, that will be in the next version so you can demux to sup)
I've spent more than one hour and I was unable to find the clue about timestamp (the first bytes of each frame). Could you explain it? Well, I can wait because it will be included in the sources...
BTW, I have written a source with subs extraction, but, obviously, timestamp is not working. I am trying to include this feature in mdvdauth plugin, without using additional SW.

jsoto
Old 20th October 2003, 08:38   #139  |  Link
Nic

Ahh, the timestamp is a PTS, so divide by 90000 to get the number of seconds. But strangely (well almost) it is not the PTS of the Sub Stream in the MPEG, but it is offset, I think, by the video stream PTS.

So (from memory) you have 'SP' (which is the start of sup sub) then the PTS (which I think is a QWORD) then pretty much the size of the sub minus it's header and that's about it. (I think there was one more bit, but I can't remember (im at work now))

Hope that helps

-Nic

ps
jhmac: I'll write a mini-guide for the next release, but for now read through mine and DVDRFreak's posts in this thread, and that should give you an idea of how things work. But it sounds like your doing it right anyway

Last edited by Nic; 20th October 2003 at 08:44.
Old 20th October 2003, 12:33   #140  |  Link
noir

Re: Possible Feature

Quote:
Originally posted by Macanudo
I remember reading somewhere that it was possible for Transcoders to change the resolution. I think it is an option in ReMpeg2. If it is possible, I think it would be a great feature to add to Rejig.

You could reduce the resolution to 352x480, which as you know is still DVD complaint, and eliminate blocking at low bitrates. This might allow you to keep some extras at low bitrates that you would otherwise delete.

Just a suggestion,
Macanudo
i also noticed that for a perfect dvd compilant the 352x480(576)stream must be 4:3 not 16:9, this introduce a complex resize problem
Closed Thread