Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 14th September 2008, 09:44   #141  |  Link
Daodan
unrecognized user

Plays fine here. There's a glitch when protv logo starts to appear but it's there with software decoders too.
Can't wait for the dll to be available and see how big are the benefits, there is clearly nice potential here for boosting encoding speed.
Old 14th September 2008, 10:20   #142  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@Neuron2
(When the CoreAVC blocking bug is fixed) ... and you possibly ever get an SDK will it be possible to use both CPU and GPU for decoding?
Old 14th September 2008, 13:52   #143  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daodan View Post
Hm, with version a2 i can't use the preview anymore (with dispay on). I press f5, it just freezes, no deinterlacer enabled. If I switch back to old one, it works.
No change other than the deinterlacer option. Maybe you have single step set for playback.
Old 14th September 2008, 13:55   #144  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0r View Post
@Neuron2
(When the CoreAVC blocking bug is fixed) ... and you possibly ever get an SDK will it be possible to use both CPU and GPU for decoding?
I don't know what you mean by "use both". Do you mean will I support CoreAVC for decoding? I can't answer that until I see an API/SDK for it. I would want to, but don't know yet how feasible it is.

CoreAVC is apparently not very interested in the idea as they continue to tease me but they haven't really decided yet, I think.

Last edited by Guest; 14th September 2008 at 14:54.
Old 14th September 2008, 14:40   #145  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

Thats the way they do business, ill slap BetaBoy when he is online again

What i meant was, will dgavcdec use cpu and gpu at the same time when further developed?
Old 14th September 2008, 14:54   #146  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranguvar View Post
kemuri, would you mind detailing how you got it to work exactly, since you're have XP x64 like me?

Thanks!
Hmm... it worked pretty well without any direct interference.
But try downloading it, deleting all the .dlls that come with it and copying over
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\Win32\Release\nvcuvid.dll to somewhere that's in the PATH environment (sysWOW64 would be good)
or just adding that directory to the path.
the other 2 .dlls are already in PATH dirs, so you won't need them

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\Win32>which nvcuda.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvcuda.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\Win32\Release>which nvapi.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvapi.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\Win32>dir /w C:\Windows\SysWOW64 | grep nv
nvapi.dll
nvcuda.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\Win32>which nvcuvid.dll
C:\myStuff\DLLs\nvcuvid.dll < PATHed dir
but it's also been very finicky for me. if it stops working saying it can't find a GPU decoder, it'll need to restart to work again.

If we had the source code for DGAVCIndexNV, i could try compiling a x64 binary and see if that works without hitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
No, it's a mixture of 2.5.5 and 2.5.6. It lives in avisynth's CVS tree with the tag avisynth64. Core builds and plugins are available from my homepage (http://members.optusnet.com.au/squid_80).
too bad i'm used to 2.5.8 now :< but i'll check it out from the cvs

Last edited by kemuri-_9; 14th September 2008 at 15:01.
Old 14th September 2008, 14:55   #147  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0r View Post
What i meant was, will dgavcdec use cpu and gpu at the same time when further developed?
No, it won't. It's interesting, but complex, and for transcoding, it's likely better to give all the CPU to the encoder. The encoding is the bottleneck.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:09   #148  |  Link
Esurnir

Error : Failed to Find a CUDA-Compatible D3D Device (2)

Running folding@home GPU on my pc (and doing 2500 iteration per second as I speak) I find it hard to believe. (and no I don't run folding@home while running dgAVCdec)

Actual configuration : 177.92 Forceware Physx cuda enabled drivers
2* 8800GT in SLI
Old 14th September 2008, 15:36   #149  |  Link
lucassp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daodan View Post
Plays fine here. There's a glitch when protv logo starts to appear but it's there with software decoders too.
I didn't mention that it plays fine using alpha 1 and it doesn't play at all using alpha 2 (tested with deinterlacing enabled and disabled).
Old 14th September 2008, 15:38   #150  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurnir View Post
Error : Failed to Find a CUDA-Compatible D3D Device (2)

Running folding@home GPU on my pc (and doing 2500 iteration per second as I speak) I find it hard to believe. (and no I don't run folding@home while running dgAVCdec)

Actual configuration : 177.92 Forceware Physx cuda enabled drivers
2* 8800GT in SLI
That's the error i've come across and needs to be restarted in order to fix it (as i haven't found/seen another way to fix yet).
-Edit-
this is also affecting the CUDA SDK software too, so it's not specific to DGAVCIndexNV

Last edited by kemuri-_9; 14th September 2008 at 15:45.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:43   #151  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucassp View Post
I didn't mention that it plays fine using alpha 1 and it doesn't play at all using alpha 2 (tested with deinterlacing enabled and disabled).
I accidentally had playback speed set to single step in the shipped INI file for alpha 2. Can you check that?

Best to delete the INI file and let a new one be created.

Last edited by Guest; 14th September 2008 at 15:47.
Old 14th September 2008, 16:11   #152  |  Link
Yoshiyuki Blade
Novice x264 User

Glad to report that everything works fine on an 8400M GS, using Vista32.
Old 14th September 2008, 16:24   #153  |  Link
lucassp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I accidentally had playback speed set to single step in the shipped INI file for alpha 2. Can you check that?

Best to delete the INI file and let a new one be created.
Thanks! It works fine now
Old 14th September 2008, 16:27   #154  |  Link
steaa

Initally the application gave the "cuInt failed (100)" error when starting it up, and then when loading a file it gave the message "GPU decoder: Failed to create video decoder.". After copying the DLL files to System32 also, I had the same result.
I removed the dll files from System32 and then after installing CUDA driver and toolkit, it opened fine and loaded a file OK without any problem.

Nvidia 9600GT / Q6600 G0 Stepping / Windows XP (32Bit)

Results for BBC HD stream (1080i) -
Display enabled - 43 ~ 45fps. CPU - ~23%
Display disabled - 62 ~ 65fps. CPU - ~8%

Results for HD Suisse stream (720p) -
Display enabled - 71 ~ 74fps. CPU - ~23%
Display disabled - 106 ~ 113fps. CPU - ~7%
Old 14th September 2008, 16:48   #155  |  Link

Thanks, guys.

DGAVCDecodeNV is well along. I expect to have an alpha in a day or two.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:23   #156  |  Link
Ranguvar

Followed kemuri's instructions, but I still get artifacts with the non-lossless Touhou (link posted a while back), and the ther bugs mentioned in my first post. I also have the problem where eventually, it refuses to start, and I need to reboot.

Indexed with DGAVCIndex and decoded with DGAVCDecode: http://i37.tinypic.com/4qk6f8.png
Snapshot of the preview in DGAVCIndexNV (I had no way of playing the DGAVCIndexNV DGA, of course, so the flaw may only be in the preview): http://i36.tinypic.com/26449e1.png
I did not try DGAVCIndex's preview to see if it also has the flaw, as it does not let me seek to a specific frame, or even do anything to seek besides huge jumps and playback/pause.

Obviously, one uses different YV12 coefficients, but that's beside the point. Look at the bullets fired from the player. And no, this is not the lossless video, this is a "normal" H.264 stream. Other frames exhibit problems, too.

Alpha 2 used, w/o deinterlacing.
Old 14th September 2008, 20:12   #157  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Just would like to say, thanks for such a wonderful creation Greatly appreciate having hardware decode of H.264 for transcoding.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:20   #158  |  Link

@Ranguvar

Please tell me what artifacts you are talking about. I looked at both your PNGs and I don't see anything. It's so frustrating when people just post a screenshot and go "see!". Make a circle around it or say it in words. I'm not a mind reader.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:26   #159  |  Link
Ranguvar

There are huge differences between the correct DGAVCIndex one and the bad DGAVCIndexNV one.

DGAVCIndex (correct): http://i37.tinypic.com/4qk6f8.png
DGAVCIndexNV (modified to show artifact areas): http://i38.tinypic.com/2s7gkkj.png
Old 14th September 2008, 22:32   #160  |  Link
G_M_C

Don't know if this is relevant or not; But does this new version have the same "DXVA"-limitations as other HW-assisted/DXVA decoders ?

i.e. Does it do L 5.1 x264's as well ?

Last edited by G_M_C; 14th September 2008 at 22:40. Reason: wrong words
Closed Thread