Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11th October 2018, 00:47   #341  |  Link
MukiEX

> What for settings are enabled? "-use filename as subfolder...-", Edit tracks(path to tsMuxeR?)

No settings enabled (at least, I leave them at their defaults), so "use filename as folder" is not enabled. If need be I can run it, get the segfault, and send screenshots of my settings along with the console output.

In the meanwhile:

> Could you send me the BD-Structure(All folders and small files, without the m2ts files).

I DM'd you a link to that structure.
MukiEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 01:06   #342  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MukiEX View Post
....", Edit tracks(path to tsMuxeR?)

No settings enabled (at least, I leave them at their defaults)...
"Edit tracks" is enabled by default, if you have no intention to edit tracks then deactivate this checkbox and try again.

Quote:
....and send screenshots of my settings along with the console output.
The more information the better.

Quote:
In the meanwhile:

> Could you send me the BD-Structure(All folders and small files, without the m2ts files).

I DM'd you a link to that structure.
Thanks, and downloaded.

Last edited by hubblec4; 11th October 2018 at 01:20.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2018, 15:45   #343  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

@MukiEX
Good and bad news. I found the bug for Multi-Angle BDs and is fixed.
The bug was so simple but breaks totally Multi-Angle BD support for all BD edit modes. Next cE rev coming soon.
Old 11th October 2018, 17:25   #344  |  Link
MukiEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
@MukiEX
Good and bad news. I found the bug for Multi-Angle BDs and is fixed.
The bug was so simple but breaks totally Multi-Angle BD support for all BD edit modes. Next cE rev coming soon.
That, ummm... only seems like good news =D
Old 11th October 2018, 18:53   #345  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.07 is available.
Windows
Linux

An important bugfix for BD2mkv editor. Multi-Angle Blu-ray support was broken.

There are a few improvements to the Matroska Tags editor and two new features.
Remove and insert MKVToolNix track Statistics Tags(StatsTags).
For inserting such StatsTags, a process is started only, which is not monitored by cE.
StatsTags for multiple files can be written at the same time, depending on the performance of the PC.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.07 2018-10-11
// Matroska chapter
# Chapters can now be removed from multiple files

// Disc2mkv
& Subtitle flag: Forced track

// BD2mkv
* Multi-Angle Blu-rays could not be processed

// Matroska Tags
& Remove track Statistics Tags from Matroska files (main menu item)
   - Global cE-ShortCut (Settings init: Shift + Alt + S)

& Add track Statistics Tags to Matroska files (main menu item)
   - Global cE-ShortCut (Settings init: Shift + Alt + A)

* TagName was not changed when pasted with the Text Favorites

# Tags can now be removed from multiple files

Last edited by hubblec4; 18th October 2018 at 17:48.
Old 11th October 2018, 19:15   #346  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

@MukiEX

Your Multi-Angle Blu-ray is the first multi Multi-Angle Blu-ray I have ever seen. 5 episodes with 2 Angles each.
For Multi-Edition-MKV mode exists one "Multi-List" only and I'm not sure if it easy to change this to a multi-MultiList.
That means you can process one episode and then you have to restart the BD2mkv editor.

For fun you could test: Make only one BIG mkv with all episodes and Angles.
Old 11th October 2018, 20:09   #347  |  Link
MukiEX

It worked! The only remaining "issue" I had was with the very last segment (00203), but it was actually an issue with the segment itself. Unlike every other m2ts segment, it did not have any subtitle tracks, so MKVtoolNix failed to append it. I went and used tsmuxer to add the 4 subtitle tracks from another segment and it completed without a fuss. Both editions showed up in the final file.

I did get a slight issue with how the latter edition rendered (it went on for a couple seconds after its segment was over), but that might be a VLC Mac bug; I'll check it again in Windows when I get home.

As a side note, this was also an issue I had with the Editions/Angles in some Ghibli releases, so I'm going to re-visit those to see if the new version can mux those without fail.
Old 11th October 2018, 20:59   #348  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
It worked! The only remaining "issue" I had was with the very last segment (00203), but it was actually an issue with the segment itself. Unlike every other m2ts segment, it did not have any subtitle tracks, so MKVtoolNix failed to append it. I went and used tsmuxer to add the 4 subtitle tracks from another segment and it completed without a fuss. Both editions showed up in the final file.
Nice to read it works (I found a new issue, Windows).
Last segment-issue: You can remove/ignore this files (BD2mkv settings). The duration is often shorter then 2 seconds. If the content of this file is not important, I recommended to ignore such files.
But your task with adding sub tracks is also a workaround.
Old 12th October 2018, 02:49   #349  |  Link
MukiEX

Hmmm. Looked into it, and the timing issue seemed to come up either way:

- Last segment is present: The first chapter of the 2nd "edition" seems "offset" by about 2 seconds. It starts playing the first two seconds of the subsequent video segment and then it jerks back to the proper place in the timeline

- Last segment auto-removed: The same thing happens, only this time the 2nd edition's 1st chapter plays late by about 2 second, so there's a bit more silence before it and it suddenly cuts out before finishing.

Also, and this is probably the correct behavior, but the two "ignore first/last m2ts file" checkboxes are grayed out, and checked automatically depending on how preferences are set.
Old 12th October 2018, 12:17   #350  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Hmmm. Looked into it, and the timing issue seemed to come up either way:

- Last segment is present: The first chapter of the 2nd "edition" seems "offset" by about 2 seconds. It starts playing the first two seconds of the subsequent video segment and then it jerks back to the proper place in the timeline

- Last segment auto-removed: The same thing happens, only this time the 2nd edition's 1st chapter plays late by about 2 second, so there's a bit more silence before it and it suddenly cuts out before finishing.
This issue exists with MPC-HC also?
Can you show me the chapter-structur for this task?

Quote:
Also, and this is probably the correct behavior, but the two "ignore first/last m2ts file" checkboxes are grayed out, and checked automatically depending on how preferences are set.
In the preferences BD2mkv you can set a time in seconds for the m2ts duration(sorry there are missing help texts for the components). "auto-removed" m2ts files means the checkboxes are checked if the m2ts duration is too short.
The checkboxes are grayed when it is not possible/necessary to remove an m2ts file.
Old 11th November 2018, 00:10   #351  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.08 is available.
Windows
Linux

There are a few important bugfixes and improvements.

There is now a config file for the Matroska Menu.
This restores the structures in the editor.
New files in the folder are also loaded.
Missing files are skipped during recovery.
The SegmentUID is used to identify the files.
That means the files can be renamed. Should the files be recreated sometime
or changed, the "old" SegmentUID must be used.

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.08 2018-11-11
// chapterEditor
# internal Matroska parser: the second SeekHead(if any) is now parsed as well

// Disc2mkv
* Multi-editions chapter structure not created correctly
  - if there are less than 2 chapters in an edition

// BD2mkv
* Multi-Angle Blu-ray support still had a little bug under Windows

* eac3to:
  - Audio channels label was missing if "(strange setup)" is included
  - Language code was missing when extracting an audio file
  - if no disc structure was found, chapterEditor crashed

# Edit subtitles: now also for external and forced subtitles

# tsMuxeR: for extracting audio and subtitle tracks, the language code is added at the front

// Matroska Menu
& Save the menu structure
  - Settings file (.mmmcfg)
  - as a file attachment in the main MKV file

& Restore the menu structure
  - Settings file (.mmmcfg) or the main MKv file

* Medium-Linking Menu: Automatic Tasks "Create a menu edition with all files"
  - In certain cases, edition 1 was always selected if the standard edition is not to be used
Old 19th November 2018, 04:19   #352  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Version 1.08: TagName fave "not updated issue" again

Hello, I just downloaded and used v1.08. The old issue is back for the Matroska Tag Tools, where the value of the TargetType/TagName column at the left pane is not updated (and not saved in an MKV) after using the TagName fave button at the right pane, even though there is a Windows sound confirmation.

While the TagString/Binary fave button is okay (and saved in an MKV) just like I reported before.

Version 1.07 is okay.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2018, 13:49   #353  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Thanks for your report. I found the bug, I have forgotten to remove a compiler switch(old code from 1.06 is used).
In rev1.09 works fine again, and coming soon.
Old 20th November 2018, 00:19   #354  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

chapterEditor(cE) rev1.09 is available.
Windows
Linux

Code:
Change chapterEditor

added    &
fixed    *
improved #
changed  %

rev1.09 2018-11-20
// chapterEditor
& Support for WebM files (.webm)

// Matroska Chapter editor
& Save in WebM files

# Play Matroska file: also for WebM files

# Remove chapters from Matroska files: also for WebM files

// Matroska Tags editor
& Support for .mks and .webm files

& Load Matroska/WebM files without Tags
  - an empty tab is created
  - Not for appending in tabs - Error: no Tags

* Insert TagName with Text-Favorites did not work anymore

# Remove Tags and Statistics Tags and insert Statistics Tags: also for WebM files
Old 21st November 2018, 17:00   #355  |  Link
dissory

Hi hubble, is it possible to edit chapter names of multiple files at once with CE? I want to change chapter names of a bunch of files so that I can either number them in order like Chapter 1, Chapter 2 etc or use a text file with a chapter name per line to apply that text file chapter names to chapter names of the multiple files. I see there is a way to do this one by one in CE but can't find a 'batch' option/functionality.
dissory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2018, 21:46   #356  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi dissory

A batch functionality is at the moment not implemented, but I like this idea and have added to my TODO list.
My first thought is to add a checkbox "apply to all tabs" for the action range.

You can load multiple files/or a folder in cE and then use chapternaming feature for each tab(open and apply), but this is indeed laborious.

And here a question to you: Do you use the chaptername-list feature?
This feature is maybe not really good working. You can load a text file with names(one per line) -> all chapter names copied to an internal list.
For each chapter is the first name from the list used and then will be the first entry deleted and the second name is now the first name.

If in your list are 20 names and your chapter file has 30 chapters: chapter 21-30 gets a standard chapter name.
If only 10 chapter names used, the other 10 names still present in the internal list and can be used for other chapters.
I think I have to change this behavior to get working a batch process.
Old 21st November 2018, 23:02   #357  |  Link
dissory

Quote:

And here a question to you: Do you use the chaptername-list feature?
This feature is maybe not really good working. You can load a text file with names(one per line) -> all chapter names copied to an internal list.
For each chapter is the first name from the list used and then will be the first entry deleted and the second name is now the first name.

If in your list are 20 names and your chapter file has 30 chapters: chapter 21-30 gets a standard chapter name.
If only 10 chapter names used, the other 10 names still present in the internal list and can be used for other chapters.
I think I have to change this behavior to get working a batch process.
From my limited use of the chaptername-list feature it seems to work as I expected it to (Line 1 becomes Chapter 1 name, Line 2 becomes Chapter 2 name etc).

The thing I dislike about the chaptername-list feature is once I load the list and apply it to a file it's no longer able to used again for other open files (or even the same file) unless I load it again for each file (as you say it is probably because internally each line is deleted after use). I personally haven't used this feature (or the normal ordering features) too much as I find it tedious to use when dealing with a lot of files. A batch way of doing things would definitely help a lot!

Also, I think if the list has 20 names and chapter file has 30 chapters, chapters 21-30 getting a standard chapter name named like "Chapter 21" until "Chapter 30" (or whatever the user has set in the current "Chapter Naming" settings) to me seems like most logical way of naming things when there are no more custom list lines left. Maybe there can be two tickboxes under the list options (just a rough idea maybe you have better):

(1) Apply current numbered chapters settings if all line entries are already used (for the chapters 21-30 use case)
(2) Apply unused list names for next chapter files (for the 10 lines in list still unused use case).

Last edited by dissory; 21st November 2018 at 23:34.
Old 21st November 2018, 23:49   #358  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

First, thanks for your suggestions and tests.
The name-list feature works like it should but only for one file/tab. I have never used this feature and the user which need this feature has never answered, and also you said, you don't used it.
When I have to rename chapters, then always with the "normal" settings (chapter name, action range, etc.).

A full batch process like command line is in the GUI not provided. I can add a checkbox to apply all chapter name settings for all files/tabs.
But then you have to select each tab and save to file... Maybe is here also a new feature needed, like "save file in all tabs".
Unfortunately has chapterEditorCLI also not such a feature, but it would be nice,...and when I have time I could implement this.

Your point (1) and (2) works exactly like described. For point (2): if you close and reopen the chapter-naming-feature(c-n-f) the name list is empty. You can load many files then open the c-n-f, > load a chapter names file. Now you can rename chapter names in all tabs from the name-list as many as there are.
Old 22nd November 2018, 00:11   #359  |  Link
dissory

Quote:
First, thanks for your suggestions and tests.
The name-list feature works like it should but only for one file/tab. I have never used this feature and the user which need this feature has never answered, and also you said, you don't used it.
When I have to rename chapters, then always with the "normal" settings (chapter name, action range, etc.).

A full batch process like command line is in the GUI not provided. I can add a checkbox to apply all chapter name settings for all files/tabs.
But then you have to select each tab and save to file... Maybe is here also a new feature needed, like "save file in all tabs".
Unfortunately has chapterEditorCLI also not such a feature, but it would be nice,...and when I have time I could implement this.

Your point (1) and (2) works exactly like described. For point (2): if you close and reopen the chapter-naming-feature(c-n-f) the name list is empty. You can load many files then open the c-n-f, > load a chapter names file. Now you can rename chapter names in all tabs from the name-list as many as there are.
For points (1) and (2) I meant to say that they would apply when the 'batch' checkbox is ticked, sorry if it wasn't clear. Will also test out what you said about (2), thanks.

A checkbox to apply the user chapter settings and any other options like (1) and (2) to all open files/tabs as well as "save file in all tabs" would be great. It will make working with multiple files much easier and also when using the normal chapter settings and chapter list option.

Last edited by dissory; 22nd November 2018 at 00:17.
Old 22nd November 2018, 00:24   #360  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissory View Post
For points (1) and (2) I meant to say that they would apply when the 'batch' checkbox is ticked, sorry if it wasn't clear. .....
The name-list feature works automatically an has no options and will be used also in the "batch" process.
I think it is not a big task to keep the name-list so that all names can be used multiple times for all tabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissory View Post
A checkbox to apply the user chapter settings and any other options like (1) and (2) to all open files/tabs as well as "save file in all tabs" would be great. It will make working with multiple files much easier and also when using the normal chapter settings and chapter list option.
Yes this is the plan. I think i will use a checkbox with a gray-state(change names in all tabs), and if this box is full checked then change and save all chapter names in all tabs.

Tags
bluray backup, chapter editor, dvd2mkv, matroska menu, metadata, multi-edition-mkv, xml tag