Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2008, 19:45   #6801  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Looks like a broken/corrupted file.
This is a SkyHD broadcast and I heard from other people that eac3to might have problems with these 'new' ac3 tracks from sky. so is this really only a broken track or are there also other newer sky caps which caused problems?

Quote:
I'd suggest using Audacity or a similar wave editor and compare the form of the graphs. It's very easy to see how much delay an audio track needs this way.
thats what I was refering to, I was using wavepad. but is the beginning of the ac3 track, for example the same tone or note, exactly the same beginning of a flac track as well? as it was said, flac has a higher quality/bitrate so this 'more' must be manifested somewhere in the graph?
Old 29th October 2008, 20:32   #6802  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAnders View Post
I don't have the tool you talked about, so here is the DTS file. I demuxed it via tsmuxergui, just the first 90 seconds. Interestingly, tsmuxergui also says it is 6 channels...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6a3cl7
eac3to reports this file as 8 channels, tsMuxeR on the other had reports as 6. I had this issue once before, after remuxing with tsMuxeR my PS3 & receiver still recognized my movie as 7.1 channels.

Hope this helps.
Old 29th October 2008, 20:39   #6803  |  Link
Octo-puss

Quote:
When extracing one AC3 track from a (M2)TS file I'm getting about 13-15 MB. That's ok, I think?
Definitely. I just got the bluray directory structure ripped on HDD and work with that. Took few mins to extract simple .ac3 file :-O
Old 29th October 2008, 21:02   #6804  |  Link
MichaelAnders

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
eac3to reports this file as 8 channels, tsMuxeR on the other had reports as 6. I had this issue once before, after remuxing with tsMuxeR my PS3 & receiver still recognized my movie as 7.1 channels.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, but I actually wanted to FLAC the stream so that I can play it on my HTPC via HDMI to my 7.1 receiver as we can't transmit DTS HD or TrueHD directly today from a HTPC (and I am just looking for direct output from graphic card here, not some Asus Xonar stuff which can maybe also do that, not interested). And FLAC files are also aways quite a bit smaller than the original DTS or TrueHD ones

I hope madshi can find the bug in eac3to, then I am more than happy This is also the only file which has failed so far btw...
Old 29th October 2008, 21:45   #6805  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
I don't know if DTS PRO ENCODER have a switch to apply or not the phase shift to surround channels (like Dolby Encoders have)
It has.
Old 29th October 2008, 21:56   #6806  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAnders View Post
Thanks, but I actually wanted to FLAC the stream so that I can play it on my HTPC via HDMI to my 7.1 receiver as we can't transmit DTS HD or TrueHD directly today from a HTPC (and I am just looking for direct output from graphic card here, not some Asus Xonar stuff which can maybe also do that, not interested). And FLAC files are also aways quite a bit smaller than the original DTS or TrueHD ones

I hope madshi can find the bug in eac3to, then I am more than happy This is also the only file which has failed so far btw...
Oops, I guess I should have read earlier in the thread instead of assuming... didn't realize you need FLAC. Sorry then, I cannot help. Good luck.
Old 30th October 2008, 01:59   #6807  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Quote:
I don't know if DTS PRO ENCODER have a switch to apply or not the phase shift to surround channels (like Dolby Encoders have)
It has.
Then, please, you can help me making a new set of dts test files using this sources?

Last edited by tebasuna51; 31st October 2008 at 11:26.
Old 30th October 2008, 02:53   #6808  |  Link
svgame

Quote:
Please stop asking the same question over and over again. I've already answered it a while ago.
i am so sorry.but there still has a problem.please help me.
Old 30th October 2008, 08:13   #6809  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Then, please, you can help me making a new set of dts test files using this sources?
I will, but i can't before this Weekend.
Old 30th October 2008, 09:07   #6810  |  Link
ACrowley

Quote:
Yes I think is "bad".
Mh....as i say Arcsoft -7 on dts es matrix tracks works not with all tracks ive tested so far. eac3to/arcsoft crashes sometimes with -7. (works fine in 5.1) It crashes on all dts es matrix Tracks with phase shift Option enabled ( from dts pro series encoder)

Maybe its the phase shift in dts es matrix track and arcsoft cant handle 6.1 output in this case? I will test it when im at home. That would explain why some dts es matrix tracks can be decoded with arcsoft -7 and some other dts not (with a crash)
Old 30th October 2008, 11:01   #6811  |  Link
Anacletus

Hi all, maybe a dumb question.. i have a BluRay with a Dolby trueHD track i want to extract.. i've read a lot here but still im confused on what to do..

Should i extract the THD to flac and then convert the flac to ac3 640? or should i extract the thd+ac3 and just use the ac3?

Any suggestions will be more than appreciated

Anac
Old 30th October 2008, 11:58   #6812  |  Link
BlackJack1

[QUOTE=madshi;1207948]Don't trust in what PDVD says. Run "eac3to demuxedtrack.dts". What does eac3to say?/QUOTE]

It says: DTS-ES 6.1 1536k... so that's OK. PDVD must be wrong...
Thanks.
Old 30th October 2008, 17:03   #6813  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by svgame View Post
i am so sorry.but there still has a problem.please help me.
Read the last part of Madshi's post.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...99#post1207099
Old 30th October 2008, 19:27   #6814  |  Link
bmnot

[a02] This track is not clean. Processing aborted.
[a02] Please clean the track with delaycut and then retry eac3to.
Aborted at file position 16853820240.

madshi, can you add a switch to ignore or skip over these types of errors. The only time I ever get them is with Blu-rays, and that message doesn't occur until the VERY end of the file. The error reported above is actually the very last byte of the entire file (total size: 16,853,820,240 bytes)

If the error could be skipped over I doubt it would affect the playback sync.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:18   #6815  |  Link
73ChargerFan

IIRC, the answer given for this question was "don't worry", but worry I will...

When I demuxed a BD, the PCM "remapped" channels.
When I convert the PCM, it says "oh, this from a bd" and again it "remapped" channels.

So, under which cup is the walnut? I thought the first remap was from bd format to a standard windows format, and moved channels around. So, afterwards, they shouldn't have to be moved around again. I think the channels are now in the wrong location. ???
Old 30th October 2008, 21:51   #6816  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnot View Post
[a02] This track is not clean. Processing aborted.
[a02] Please clean the track with delaycut and then retry eac3to.
Aborted at file position 16853820240.

madshi, can you add a switch to ignore or skip over these types of errors. The only time I ever get them is with Blu-rays, and that message doesn't occur until the VERY end of the file. The error reported above is actually the very last byte of the entire file (total size: 16,853,820,240 bytes)

If the error could be skipped over I doubt it would affect the playback sync.
I have started to get that and it would be good if it was ignored as I have found there is nothing wrong with the tracks. I even tried delaycut but it doesn't help.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:14   #6817  |  Link
bmnot

[a04] The ArcSoft decoder doesn't seem to work, will use Sonic instead.
[a04] The Sonic Audio Decoder doesn't decode the XXCh channel extension..

It's a 7.1 DTS-HD HR track. I don't want to install Arcsoft so I'll stick with Surcode. The resulting flac is 5.1, what happened to the 2 extra rears, were they dropped or mixed into the surrounds?

Last edited by bmnot; 31st October 2008 at 02:00.
Old 31st October 2008, 07:52   #6818  |  Link
svgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4tm4n View Post
Read the last part of Madshi's post.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...99#post1207099
i do that with Madshi's post,but there still has a problem
Old 31st October 2008, 13:45   #6819  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Thanks nautilus7. With the new samples from DTS PRO ENCODER y can confirm:

- When make 'Ls Cs Rs 5.1 ES' (ES 3/3.1 matrix) or 'Ls Cs Rs 6.1 ES' (ES 3/3.1 discrete) the option 'phase shift' is available and default to 'yes' (with a standard 'Ls Rs' 5.1 we can't select 'phase shift')

- If 'phase shift' is selected the input channels Ls Rs are modified to:
Ls' = +45º phase shift Ls
Rs' = -45º phase shift Rs

- The mix with Cs is (or LS',Rs'):
Ls'' = Ls + 0.707 x Cs
Rs'' = Rs + 0.707 x Cs

- I always have a crash when decode a ES matrix with -7 (sorry ACrowley I can't confirm your post, the phase shift don't modify this behaviour for me)
Old 1st November 2008, 21:43   #6820  |  Link
frenchglen

madshi,

Just wanted to drop by and to acknowledge once more the amazing work you're doing with eac3to [and also to others who are also contributing!]. The ever-growing feature list is amazing and I regularly come back to the program for all sorts of things.

Thanks a million,
frenchglen
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to