Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 8th October 2006, 18:29   #1  |  Link

DGMPGDec 1.4.9 Final

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec149.zip

1. Made AC3 parsing more robust by making audio data less likely to erroneously emulate a sync byte. Rare AC3 streams that couldn't be parsed are now handled correctly.

2. Changed the running time line at the bottom of the Parse D2V output so that it now includes fractions of a second.

3. Added additional MPEG syntax error checking to improve the robustness and error recovery. This fixes one reported stream that showed excessive macroblocking on one type of syntax error due to corruption.

4. Fixed an error in random frame access in the presence of RFF flags.

5. Added the PCR for transport streams and the SCR for program streams to the 'Log Timestamps' dump.

6. DGIndex can now automatically set the PIDs on file open for streams that lack PAT/PMT tables. If the PAT/PMT tables are absent, DGIndex falls back to using raw PID detection and sets the first audio and video PIDs seen in the stream.

7. The __aud__ variable in the AVS template now uses the first audio track found instead of the last.

8. 204-byte transport packets are now supported.

9. The info dialog now includes a stream type field.

10. If an exception occurs during processing, a message box pops up and allows the user to choose to continue or to abort.

11. The D2V file version is bumped to 16.

12. The AVS template path now defaults to a file called "template.avs" in the same directory as DGIndex.exe.

13. Fixed a bug in INI file loading that caused some parameters to be read incorrectly.

14. An error popup now appears if the user attempts to execute "Demux Audio Only" when the audio method is set to "Decode AC3 Track to WAV".

15. Fixed a bug in relative path handling that crashed DGIndex when "Load Project" was performed.

16. Revised the track selection interface to be more user friendly.

17. Added support for frame repeats. These are increasingly being found in 720P streams.

18. Added two new fields to the info dialog: number of frame repeats, and number of field repeats.

19. The Correct Field Order option is removed and the field order correction function is now available through the Tools menu.

20. A first attempt has been made to add a progress percentage field to the DGIndex window title bar.

21. When in CLI mode, DGIndex no longer grabs the foreground focus and beeps at the end of a Save Project operation.

22. Fixed a bug in the LumaYV12() filter (part of DGDecode) that could cause a crash in some circumstances.

23. Adding checking for audio file names to not be already open in another application before trying to demux to them.

24. Added a new tool in the Tools menu: Analyze Sync.

25. Revised the indexing code to support the case where an indexed unit (especially packs) might contain more than one I frame. Previously random navigation in DGDecode failed for this rare scenario.

26. Fixed a bug that caused DGIndex to sometimes use 601 colorimetry in the preview window and when doing Save BMP when 709 should have been used. The Info Dialog was correct, however.

27. Added support for M2TS (Blueray Disk MPEG2) files.

28. The reporting of matrix coefficients was off by one GOP so if they changed, one GOP would be reported wrongly. Fixed.

29. Multiple __vid__ and __aud__ per line are now supported in AVS template files.

30. Audio-only demuxing of LPCM audio was fixed.

31. Making a range that cuts from the start failed for some program streams. Fixed.

32. Added support for demuxing LPCM from M2TS (Blu-Ray) files. Note that the raw PCM is demuxed (same as xport.exe). You must use an audio processor, such as sox.exe, to repackage it as you want it (typically as a WAV file). Refer to the DGIndex Users Manual for instructions in that regard (Audio/Output Method section). PID detection and the Info dialog are supported for this new audio type. Thanks to drmpeg for showing the way with xport.exe.

33. Added a warning pop-up to notify the user that a field order transition was detected.

34. Added the __del__ keyword for Avisynth templates for generating the audio delay in DelayAudio(__del__).

Last edited by Guest; 11th May 2007 at 05:06.
Old 8th October 2006, 18:41   #2  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Wow, I didn't even realize that I hadn't updated yet, and here you are crunching out another. Rock on, neuron2!
Old 8th October 2006, 19:00   #3  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Thank you. Updating right away!
Old 30th November 2006, 06:24   #4  |  Link

Version 1.4.9 beta 4

My previous fix for random access in the presence of RFF flags was incorrect (and in fact a significant regression). Beta 4 fixes it properly (I hope). Do not use 1.4.9 Beta 3!

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec149b4.zip
Old 4th December 2006, 23:12   #5  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi Donald,

I'm embarrassed to say I've missed this thread
Old 5th December 2006, 06:21   #6  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
I'm embarrassed to say I've missed this thread
Please provide an unprocessed dump of your brain contents, so that I may properly analyse your pathology.
Old 4th December 2006, 23:38   #7  |  Link
saulob
SauloB

neuron2, this program Rocks MY WORLD!

thanks.
Old 5th December 2006, 06:18   #8  |  Link

DGMPGDec 1.4.9 beta 5

This version adds the PCR (for transport streams) and SCR (for program streams) to the 'Log Timestamps' dump. The PID detection/setting dialogs now allow for the specification of the PCR PID for transport streams.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec149b5.zip
Old 5th December 2006, 18:24   #9  |  Link
Inventive Software
Turkey Machine

Location: Lowestoft, UK (but visit lots of places with bribes [beer])
Something missing IMO is the information box with information coming up when you open a D2V file or a file that DGIndex can open, instead of having to play or preview the file to find out the key information, like whether it's interlaced and/or the field order.
Old 7th December 2006, 00:02   #10  |  Link
Isochroma

First I'd like to thank the developer for this excellent tool which I use everyday!

Now on to the real business of this post: using 1.4.9b4 (the bug was not listed on the b5 changelog, so I assume it still exists in b5), I notice that even though it is set to remember to use Low priority, if it is started up and fresh files loaded and indexing is started, priority remains Normal, as observed in the Task Manager. Sometimes this happens and sometimes not.

However, if indexing is stopped and priority is switched to Normal then back to Low, it actually runs at Low. Also, it seems to regularly forget the priority setting when starting up (ie. Normal will be checked even though Low was set last sesssion). So there's definitely some bugs in the priority code.
Old 7th December 2006, 01:27   #11  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochroma View Post
So there's definitely some bugs in the priority code.
I cannot duplicate any of your reported problems. Please describe an exact sequence of steps that I can use to recreate your issue.
Old 7th December 2006, 04:16   #12  |  Link
Isochroma

Ok, so first I'm using 1.4.9b4, and assuming the changelog is complete, this issue hasn't been addressed so b5 should behave the same way.

First off, the Priority has already been set to Low from a previous run of DGIndex, so the checkmark is already there.

I run DGIndex, File/Open the .TS files, hit OK on the box, and then Save Project. DGIndex start running, then I bring up Task Manager and note the it is running in Normal priority.

So I hit escape to stop the demuxing, and then go Options/Process Priority. Noting that Low is checked I now select High. Then I leave that menu by clicking anywhere else. Then I go back into the menu and select Low.

Then I save the project again, now task manager shows it running in low priority.
Old 7th December 2006, 05:52   #13  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochroma View Post
then I bring up Task Manager and note the it is running in Normal priority.
How do you note that? Where is it displayed?
Old 7th December 2006, 06:57   #14  |  Link
Isochroma

First, run task manager (Start->Run->taskmgr), then click Processes tab, then if you don't see a Base Pri column, View Menu->Select Columns->check Base Priority then click OK, now you have Priority
Old 8th December 2006, 15:07   #15  |  Link

DGMPGDec 1.4.9 beta 6

* DGIndex can now automatically set the PIDs on file open for streams that lack PAT/PMT tables. If the PAT/PMT tables are absent, DGIndex falls back to using raw PID detection and sets the first audio and video PIDs seen in the stream.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec149b6.zip
Old 8th December 2006, 16:42   #16  |  Link
Romario

Location: Qetchua mountains in Peru, and Klingon battlecruiser D'Mar
neuron2, what about H.264 TS support in your program? Can you do it for 1.50 version?
Old 8th December 2006, 19:06   #17  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Patience, patience....
Old 8th December 2006, 21:57   #18  |  Link
ChronoCross
Does it really matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romario View Post
neuron2, what about H.264 TS support in your program? Can you do it for 1.50 version?
wow a third thread where he's actually perfectly emulating KRP
Old 8th December 2006, 23:00   #19  |  Link
Isochroma

Upgrading from b4 to b6 directly, I started indexing a new 1080i .ts and when done found that it was causing my simple .avs to run entirely out of memory (the avs refused to load in vdub with various out-of-memory errors, depending on the filter). For example, tfm() throws a "malloc" error, telecide() has its own message.

So I worried that it could be my system, but decided that since I'd just finished successfully with another 1080i .ts, I'd just re-test it.

So I re-indexed it using b6, taking care to preserve the .d2v from b4. Remember, I always replace all DG files in the plugins folder between version switches, and also re-index the .d2v with identical settings.

I found that the re-indexed previous .ts now no longer worked, throwing the same out of memory error. So I changed to b5, re-indexed, same error.

So I finally changed to b4 and re-indexed, and it works perfectly again!

Some change happened in b5 that broke 1080i .ts indexing, in both FF and IP modes. And I tested this on two different 1080i .ts, one of which was already verified to work with b4.

Also, I tested the newest b6 on the .d2v made by b4, and it decodes just fine in the avs script. So DGIndex is making flawed .d2v files after b4.
Old 8th December 2006, 23:31   #20  |  Link

Please diff the two D2Vs (the one that works and the one that doesn't) and tell me the results. If you can't do a diff then provide the two files.
Closed Thread