Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 30th June 2010, 00:53   #1  |  Link
royia
Drazick

Audio Sync - Multiple VOB, Titles, Cells

I have Video TS folder created by a DVD Recorder.
Each stop the recorder creates a Title / Chapter hence each VOB contains a lot of them.

I took one DVD made of 2 VOB.
I use DGI Index to create 2 Project (d2v) One of them is fully contained in one of the VOB the other (Which they aren't back to back) bridges between them.

I use ME GUI AVS Script Creator and then transcode the project into 2 MKV's.
The problem is the Audio isn't synced for either of them.
Playing the VOB's on VLC produces synced video.

Is that a limitation of the program or am I misusing it?
Could anyone throw some hints of how to do it properly?
I looked through the guide and found nothing specific of it.
royia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 01:16   #2  |  Link

You're posting in the DGIndex forum, so you need to demonstrate a problem using DGIndex alone, not MEGUI. I will not analyze/debug other applications here.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 09:02   #3  |  Link
royia
Drazick

Yes, just I can't point whether it's something wrong with DG Index estimation of the delay or something else.
Since mark only part of each VOB and the sound is demuxed by DG Index.
Unfortunately I can't only exam the sync between the demuxed audio to the d2v file.

Could you assist me with that?
Thanks.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:59   #4  |  Link

I can't fully understand your description, so I'll try to guess what your problem is. If you tell me that is correct, then I will proceed.

I guess that you open two VOBs in DGIndex and make a project. But the video goes out of sync *at the join point*.

If that is not the problem, please try again to explain clearly what your problem is.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:35   #5  |  Link
royia
Drazick

I'll to describe it again.
I load 2 VOB files into DG Index.

For the first project I choose a segment which completely contained by the first VOB. It doesn't start at the beginning, just few minutes after. It ends few minutes before the end of the first VOB, it's made of few cells. The second project starts few seconds after teh first project, still in the first VOB. It ends almost at the end of the second VOB, which means it contains the joining part.
DG Index creates 2 d2v files and two MP2 audio files. I go back to ME GUI and transcode the d2v files (More precisely the AVS files created using it). It automatically uses the delay DG Index defined.

Both results in asynced MKV files.
When I transcode the 2 VOB together using Handbrake the sync is perfect.
Yet what I need using DG Index is to cut both VOB's in the way described above.

What should be the method to do it correctly with audio sync?
Thanks.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:47   #6  |  Link

I clearly asked you not to involve MEGUI. If you post again demonstrating your issue without MEGUI, I will help you. Otherwise, you'll have to hope someone else can help you. Anyway, I don't know what this means: "I go back to MEGUI and transcode the d2v files". Does it do them separately or try to concatenate them? If separately, then why not just discuss one of them? If it concatenates them, I have no idea what it is doing. The point is I don't know MEGUI and don't want to have to analyze/debug it.

For example, open the first project alone in VirtualDub and preview. Is it in sync? Do the same for the second. Is it in sync?

Post both the avisynth scripts.

Last edited by Guest; 30th June 2010 at 14:54.
Old 1st July 2010, 10:49   #7  |  Link
royia
Drazick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I clearly asked you not to involve MEGUI. If you post again demonstrating your issue without MEGUI, I will help you. Otherwise, you'll have to hope someone else can help you. Anyway, I don't know what this means: "I go back to MEGUI and transcode the d2v files". Does it do them separately or try to concatenate them? If separately, then why not just discuss one of them? If it concatenates them, I have no idea what it is doing. The point is I don't know MEGUI and don't want to have to analyze/debug it.

For example, open the first project alone in VirtualDub and preview. Is it in sync? Do the same for the second. Is it in sync?

Post both the avisynth scripts.
Hello.
I'm using ME GUI only to see the final result (Transcoding the final result and trying to see if there's a sync).
If you prefer I can watch it using Virtual DUB as well.
If you have any suggestion better suited to evaluate the sync I would be happy to learn.

Anyhow, in Virtual DUB they aren't synced as well (Even after using the skew property with the same values as DG Index suggest).

What's strange they are both out of sync.

I'll later on post the scripts.

Thank you for your assistance.

Last edited by royia; 1st July 2010 at 17:02.

Tags
dgindex