Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 27th February 2012, 13:49   #81  |  Link
Zathor

Thanks for the report. I thought that was already fixed and have tried it only with two files. Nevertheless it should now work as expected. Please try the new version in the first posting.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 17:56   #82  |  Link
negorv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
it should now work as expected. Please try the new version in the first posting.
It really does work now! Thanks a lot Sir!
negorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 21:18   #83  |  Link
Zathor

New build uploaded to the first post. This build brings:
Code:
added DVD folder + file processing (including PGC support)
Now you can convert a DVD and select the PGCs you want to process. Either select the DVD folder or a specific vob/ifo file.
Old 17th March 2012, 16:48   #84  |  Link
Zathor

Updated build in the first post.
Old 17th March 2012, 17:19   #85  |  Link
meshaun

Thanks for this wonderful version mate.
This is the best encoding tool out there.
meshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2012, 22:43   #86  |  Link
Zathor

Updated to 2119 including some minor OC improvements.
Old 22nd March 2012, 17:07   #87  |  Link
aMvEL

I get a .net framework error when trying to convert a dvd with multiple titles, in this case a TV-series dvd.
The error says DragDrop Registration did not succeed.

System.InvalidOperationException: DragDrop registration did not succeed. ---> System.Threading.ThreadStateException: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.

It happens right before it should start to encode video, and you can select continue and it starts to encode, and it results in a correct mkv file as far as I can tell.. Only a bit annoying as it happens in between every title of the DVD.
I looked at the log file and it doesn't show anything malicious..
aMvEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 15:11   #88  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMvEL View Post
I get a .net framework error when trying to convert a dvd with multiple titles
Thanks for the report. It is fixed in the new build which I just uploaded.
Old 24th March 2012, 23:20   #89  |  Link
aMvEL

Seems to be working flawlessly now, Zathor.
I've just finished encoding an entire season of Friends without any errors or interruptions. Really loving this new OneClick-mode
Old 26th March 2012, 12:01   #90  |  Link
Pooh_by

Hi
I test new One-click interface, and I have some comments.
With full DVD structure no problem , but no possible to open rip (DVDDecrypter). Why not?
Now, if I need to convert set of the elementary stream (separated demux video, audio, "sub" files), to add additional audio or sub stream it is necessary double-click to audio(sub) tab. It seems to me that it isn't user friendly. Maybe can it is necessary to make additional button, which would add new audio or sub tab.
Also not friendly audio-->Encode field. Maybe its better to add (or rename) option "keep original audio"
And more filesize templates (like : DVD --> full, 1/2 , 1/3 , 1/4 , 1/6, CD --> full, 1/2 , 1/3 , 1/4 , 1/6, BD --> full, 1/2 , 1/3 , 1/4 , 1/6 etc.)
And one more
Now you add 3 settings view : "default", "basic" and "advanced". It seems to me, that Its no any basic difference between "default" and "basic". Maybe unite "default" and "basic", named "basic"? And add new settings view "Expert"?
Functional "basic" leave like now "default",
With "Advanced" like now, but without possibility to choose any encoders templates (user can choose video, audio , sub streams; video codec, encode mode for audio; output resolution, autocrop,keep input resolution, aspect ratio, deinterlacing; filesize, splitting, container etc.)
End "Expert" like now "Advanced" : user can modify all option by manual.
I hope that my comments will appear useful.

P.S. English is not my native. I hope for understanding.

Last edited by Pooh_by; 27th March 2012 at 11:15.
Pooh_by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 15:11   #91  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_by View Post
With full DVD structure no problem , but no possible to open rip (DVDDecrypter). Why not?
No clue. Does DVDDecrypter provide a DVD structure (IFO + VOB)? Please provide all file names in your directory.

Quote:
And more filesize templates (like : DVD --> full, 1/2 , 1/3 , 1/4 , 1/6, CD --> full, 1/2 , 1/3 , 1/4 , 1/6, BD --> full, 1/2 , 1/3 , 1/4 , 1/6 etc.)
I will not add more file size templates as the list would be too long. But you can add your values without problem in the MeGUI settings.

Quote:
if I need to convert set of the elementary stream (separated demux video, audio, "sub" files), to add additional audio or sub stream it is necessary double-click to audio(sub) tab. It seems to me that it isn't user friendly. Maybe can it is necessary to make additional button, which would add new audio or sub tab.

Also not friendly audio-->Encode field. Maybe its better to add (or rename) option "keep original audio"

Now you add 3 settings view : "default", "basic" and "advanced". It seems to me, that Its no any basic difference between "default" and "basic". Maybe unite "default" and "basic", named "basic"? And add new settings view "Expert"?
Functional "basic" leave like now "default",
With "Advanced" like now, but without possibility to choose any encoders templates (user can choose video, audio , sub streams; encode mode for audio; output resolution, autocrop,keep input resolution, aspect ratio, deinterlacing; filesize, splitting, container etc.)
End "Expert" like now "Advanced" : user can modify all option by manual.
Thanks for the GUI suggestions. I am also not very happy with the current GUI and will make some changes in that area. But at the moment I focus on the functionality and will change the GUI afterwards.
Old 27th March 2012, 10:09   #92  |  Link
Pooh_by

Quote:
No clue. Does DVDDecrypter provide a DVD structure (IFO + VOB)? Please provide all file names in your directory.
I mean,that when I open DVD like a "file" or "folder" from folder on HDD, or from, DVD-ROM, its no problem - One-Click determine all streams correct.
But, if I and riped by DVDDecrypter(or other tool) only needed streams , One-Click don’t want to work with result files (IFO+VOB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by*Pooh_by*
I will not add more file size templates as the list would be too long. But you can add your values without problem in the MeGUI settings.
I mean filesize menu look like now( but with submenu) :
DVD
|--> full
|--> 1/2
|--> 1/3
|--> 1/4
|--> 1/6

And one more.
Maybe need "Queue " ("Add to queue ") button

Last edited by Pooh_by; 27th March 2012 at 11:04.
Pooh_by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 18:00   #93  |  Link
Zathor

Updated to 2127 including some minor OC improvements.

Quote:
I mean,that when I open DVD like a "file" or "folder" from folder on HDD, or from, DVD-ROM, its no problem - One-Click determine all streams correct.
But, if I and riped by DVDDecrypter(or other tool) only needed streams , One-Click don’t want to work with result files (IFO+VOB).
I cannot reproduce that.
Old 13th April 2012, 17:16   #94  |  Link
Zathor

Updated to 2138 including some minor OC changes/fixes.
Old 15th April 2012, 02:41   #95  |  Link
meshaun

Hi, now MeGUI does the DTS properly. I mean with the last updates to use NiCAUDiO I guess.
Now, TrueHD audio problem. I have to use the HD Streams Extractor and then convert it and mux the audio. Can't you add a feature like,
HD Streams Extractor in the same OneClick window and selecting the TrueHD, and leaving it, and in the end, MeGUI encodes the TrueHD and then takes the encoded audio and muxes it automatically? So, there is no need of using HDSE, again and then the OC again.
meshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 15:31   #96  |  Link
Rat Killer

Finally had time to give the new one click utility a real try. Read through this thread but still do not see how to set the priority of the indexer. I see the 'other' tab in the OC configuration dialog with a list of indexers but how do I change the priority for one encode? I can select one, but it is not saved in the profile nor is it used with the current file. What did I miss?
Rat Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 21:23   #97  |  Link
aMvEL

I've been encoding a lot of tv-series dvds lately, and I'm wondering if it's possible to sort the pgcs by number (pgc 1, 2, 3 etc.). As it is now I believe it's sorted by runtime?

It's not really a huge thing, but It's a bit annoying to have to go through all encodes afterwards and sort them into the correct episode order.
This "problem" only occurs when the episodes are on seperate pgc's on a single VTS.
Old 28th April 2012, 09:41   #98  |  Link
Zathor

Update to 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshaun View Post
Now, TrueHD audio problem. I have to use the HD Streams Extractor and then convert it and mux the audio.
It is planned to add that also to the OC tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Killer View Post
Read through this thread but still do not see how to set the priority of the indexer.
Select one item in the list and use the arrow keys on your keyboard (will be changed in the future to buttons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMvEL View Post
I've been encoding a lot of tv-series dvds lately, and I'm wondering if it's possible to sort the pgcs by number (pgc 1, 2, 3 etc.). As it is now I believe it's sorted by runtime?
At the moment it is runtime - I need to have a look if it is easy possible to add an option to resort it.
Old 28th April 2012, 11:51   #99  |  Link
Rat Killer

Thanks Zathor!
Rat Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 15:10   #100  |  Link
djmasturbeat

Quote:
Updated to 2127 including some minor OC improvements.

I cannot reproduce that.
I think maybe they are saying he ripped it with DVD Decrypter in maybe a movie-only mode?
(or perhaps using Stream Processing in IFO mode?)

anyhow, I look forward to having IFO processing integrated into this package.
thanks

EDIT:
perhaps include "IFO" and "VIDEO_TS" in the "Open" file and folder windows options, under all available streams, and with its own entry below that.

````````````

also, I am unable to get the auto-download of profiles to work in this package. It prompts me, but I always get this error:

It does this for the video profiles too, if i just cancel out of the audio profiles before hand.

I deleted the folder and tried over several times, including changing drives and locations on drives. no luck. always the same error.
is this working or is this a unique issue of mine?

Last edited by djmasturbeat; 28th April 2012 at 15:27.
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote