Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 30th October 2012, 23:58   #20301  |  Link
Yoshi8765

@tiny:
So if I get AnyDVD, the problem will go away? It's not free though... is there an alternative?
Why would it be that I'm the only one with this problem? There are tons of people who play DVDs with a MPC/LAV setup, AFAIK.
Old 31st October 2012, 00:32   #20302  |  Link
tiny

Default system DVD navigator + MPC + LAV + EVR works without AnyDVD as long as the region of the DVD matches the drive's region setting. AnyDVD removes the region setting and decrypts the disc, allowing dsdvdlivnav to be used. Which in turn allows MadVR to be used.

Alternative is ripping the disc to hard disk first.
Old 31st October 2012, 00:34   #20303  |  Link
Yoshi8765

I don't understand why I would have anything other than a region code of 1 (for USA, where I live).
Also, the DVDs I'm trying to play were burned by me, with DVDs I bought at staples....
Old 31st October 2012, 02:03   #20304  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Hi. in MPC-HC's HDMV engine have a bug:
you parse object in m_compositionObjects[] and then take from here to the m_pPresentationSegments. But - you do not clear m_compositionObjects[] after NewSegment call(after seek) and sometimes after seeking we see incorrect/wrong subtitle image
Old 31st October 2012, 09:00   #20305  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

The menus of a DVD are usually not encrypted, only the video of the movie titleset(s) (and even only partially). After the drive is successfully authentified, access to the logical structure (IFO files) and First Play / Video Manager domain (VIDEO_TS.VOB) should be granted without a need for any invoking decryption software.

If you burned the DVDs you are trying to play, they will be seen as unencrypted; "General Use" DVD media don't support encryption. So you hopefully decrypted the original disk before burning a copy of their content.

The most compatible way to check the behaviour is probably having an ISO image if the decrypted DVD (e.g. before burning the copy; if you only stored files of the DVD directories, use ImgBurn to build an image from the base directory) and mounting that in a virtual CD/DVD drive like DaemonTools, then play this virtual DVD Video disk.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 31st October 2012, 22:04   #20306  |  Link
hdboy

Is there a way to override style (font colors, specifically) of vobsub external subtitle files (.sub and .idx)? I have Default Style checked under the subtitle menu but MPC still uses the style set in the idx file instead of what I set in Options.
Old 31st October 2012, 22:13   #20307  |  Link
Yoshi8765

@LigH:
I'm assuming you're talking to me.
I don't think I'm following you-- This is what I think you are saying:
I can test if a source file (the movie I have in .mkv) is turned into an iso. By doing that, I can see if the problem is the physical disc I am using or the source.
That's what you're saying, right?
If it is, then here's my question: Either way, how can I fix the problem? is AnyDVD the only way?

btw, thanks for helping everyone.
Old 1st November 2012, 05:02   #20308  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdboy View Post
Is there a way to override style (font colors, specifically) of vobsub external subtitle files (.sub and .idx)? I have Default Style checked under the subtitle menu but MPC still uses the style set in the idx file instead of what I set in Options.
change style - it's only for text/animated subtitle. It's can't work with bitmap subtitle, like VOBSUB/DVB/PGS
Old 1st November 2012, 09:39   #20309  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ Yoshi8765:

I never talked about MKV here. I always assumed that there is an issue with "DVD Video" media (*.IFO + *.VOB in \VIDEO_TS).

If you burn an MKV onto a (data) DVD, there is no reason to load the "DVD Navigator" filter. And there is no reason to use any decryptor like AnyDVD.

You may need AnyDVD only for "DVD Video" media with copy protections (like CSS encrypted VOBs, or IFO files being garbled on purpose to confuse Windows PCs reading the ISO-9660 file system instead of the UDF file system).

If you rip a DVD Video (removing any copy protection) and create a DVD Video Image from the ripped content, and mount it into a virtual drive, and play that: Is there still an issue with the DVD Navigator filter?

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 1st November 2012 at 09:57.
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:57   #20310  |  Link
Reino

Feature request: MPC-HC being able to handle (embedded) cue-files.
SourceForge Ticket #1673 resurrected.

[edit]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post
Well, call me crazy, but all I see is a white screen with h5ai 0.22-dev-9 at the bottom.
Sounds like he updated to some broken version of that directory index script. I let him know.
Today I noticed on a much newer computer that the website is actually working. I know I desperately have to buy a new computer, but because my cpu doesn't support SSE2, I can't use any newer version than Firefox 3 (3.6.32 atm), which can't render XhmikosR's website it seems. It's only the 2nd website I come across which my FF can't render, so is it possible to use a more universal directory index script for folks like me?
[/edit]

Last edited by Reino; 2nd November 2012 at 16:19.
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:25   #20311  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

He won't change index script cause of you. Maybe try to disable JS.
Old 2nd November 2012, 22:20   #20312  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

S.Chinese update
http://www.mediafire.com/?4hsu2dm189rcuh5
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:46   #20313  |  Link
Reino

Disabling JavaScript entirely seems to do the trick for now. Thanks though.
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:22   #20314  |  Link
Yoshi8765

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
@ Yoshi8765:

I never talked about MKV here. I always assumed that there is an issue with "DVD Video" media (*.IFO + *.VOB in \VIDEO_TS).

If you burn an MKV onto a (data) DVD, there is no reason to load the "DVD Navigator" filter. And there is no reason to use any decryptor like AnyDVD.

You may need AnyDVD only for "DVD Video" media with copy protections (like CSS encrypted VOBs, or IFO files being garbled on purpose to confuse Windows PCs reading the ISO-9660 file system instead of the UDF file system).

If you rip a DVD Video (removing any copy protection) and create a DVD Video Image from the ripped content, and mount it into a virtual drive, and play that: Is there still an issue with the DVD Navigator filter?
Ok, that clarified things for me.
To clarify my situation, here it is: I have an .mkv of a movie that has been ripped from a HDTV source. I want to burn it onto a DVD and watch it on my laptop. The DVD works with my DVD player but not my laptop.
I will make an .iso and see what happens. Thanks.
Edit: Just tried with an .iso of one of the movies that doesn't work. So I guess the source has not been decrypted and I have to use AnyDVD. So again, is there a free alternative to AnyDVD, or a way to decrypt the source file so that the DVD will play on my laptop?

Another edit: After I search up more on this, I found a partial solution. I uninstalled then reinstalled the LAVFilters Megamix I had. Now, .iso files of DVDs work perfectly (the menu navigation and everything) but DVDs still refuse to work. When I try to start a DVD with 'Open disc'->E:\ , it opens it but only gives me a black screen. It says 'Playing' at the bottom. I have no idea why reinstalling the Megamix solved the problem with .iso files.

Last edited by Yoshi8765; 4th November 2012 at 03:04.
Old 4th November 2012, 18:16   #20315  |  Link
Pulstar

Is the MPC-HC nightly subs renderer now good to replace xy-vsfilter?
Old 5th November 2012, 00:15   #20316  |  Link
ryrynz

Nothing beats xy-vsfilter, likely they will port some code across but it won't be any time soon.
Old 5th November 2012, 10:23   #20317  |  Link
Mercury_22

What's the equivalent command for "Open Directory" with "Include subdirectories" ?
Old 5th November 2012, 13:43   #20318  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ Yoshi8765:

Do you know the difference between "the DVD Video standard" and "an MKV file burned onto a data DVD±R"?

If the DVD contains an MKV file which you burned in your own PC using a DVD±RW drive, AnyDVD is not used at all. In this case it doesn't matter if AnyDVD is installed or not.

AnyDVD is only used if you have an industrially produced DVD (commercial disk manufacturing, mastered and replicated, not burned) containing a "VIDEO_TS" directory with VOB and IFO files. Commercial "DVD Video" media may be encrypted in a way that AnyDVD may circumvent this encryption.

Burned MKV files are not encrypted, and they are no "DVD Video" media. If you did not convert the MKV file to DVD compliant MPEG2 video and did not use a DVD Authoring tool to author a "DVD Video" structure, you don't have a "DVD Video" media. And AnyDVD will not solve any problem related to your content.

New German Gleitz board
Old 5th November 2012, 19:23   #20319  |  Link
DragonQ

Does anyone know why MPC-HC doesn't link properly with the Windows 8 Volume Mixer? Here's a comparison between what happens for me on Windows 7 and Windows 8:

Windows 7
- MPC-HC volume = 100%, main device volume = 50%, MPC-HC volume in Volume Mixer = 50%.
- Give MPC-HC focus, then press volume down key twice on my keyboard.
- MPC-HC volume is now 90%, main device volume is still 50%, MPC-HC volume in Volume Mixer is now 45% (i.e. 90% of 50%).

Windows 8
- MPC-HC volume = 100%, main device volume = 50%, MPC-HC volume in Volume Mixer = 50%.
- Give MPC-HC focus, then press volume down key twice on my keyboard.
- MPC-HC volume is now 90%, main device volume is now 46% (i.e. down 2 steps), MPC-HC volume in Volume Mixer is now 46%.

Essentially MPC-HC doesn't seem to be linked to the Volume Mixer at all, and it also isn't blocking the media keys from changing the global device volume when MPC-HC is focused, unlike in Windows 7.
Old 5th November 2012, 20:48   #20320  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

Needs to be implemented. Keep in mind that most Windows applications are also like this.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc