Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 18th January 2005, 18:56   #1  |  Link
kolak

CCE And HD-DVD

Does it possible that CCE will be suport HD-DVD (with MPEG-2 compresion)? Did anyone hear about it?
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2005, 19:42   #2  |  Link
drob

I am sure that when the final standard will be established and players would start to ship, CCE would progress into the new codecs.
drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2005, 20:00   #3  |  Link
kolak

DVD Forum has aproved codecs for HD-DVD. One of them is MPEG-2.
In my opinion they (Cinemacraft) should have "CCE-HD" right now, because they make the best software encoder on the market. They should be a pioneer!!!
Old 19th January 2005, 00:44   #4  |  Link
Video Dude

Have the specs for MPEG-2 for HD-DVD been announced yet? What profile would it use? Right now DVD uses MP@ML, but I would imagine HD would use a higher profile. Also resolutions and GOPs.

And even if CCE came out with HD-DVD support today, there would still be no authoring programs or burners. You would have to hold your HD content till then and hope that they don't change the specs because if they do your content would be incompatible.

... and then what about Blu-ray .
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 04:09   #5  |  Link
TheSeeker
Master of Chaos

No kidding what about blu ray. They are far from out of it with a combination of studios backing them that make up about 47 percent market share of dvd sales. Its really close race right now. I think what will decide it in the end will be the fact that hd dvd will have cheaper startup costs as it is similar in many ways to traditional dvd. However blu ray will support more interactive features and have slightly higher storage capacities.
Old 19th January 2005, 15:23   #6  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally posted by Video Dude
And even if CCE came out with HD-DVD support today, there would still be no authoring programs or burners. You would have to hold your HD content till then and hope that they don't change the specs because if they do your content would be incompatible.
... and then what about Blu-ray .
"...should have "CCE-HD" right now". I didn't think about final wersion "CCE-HD" but about some alpha version (not for public) and some information abou it. It's not easy to make such good program as "CCE-SD" for HD within a few months.
Old 19th January 2005, 19:57   #7  |  Link
Arky

I think you'll find Cinemacraft are busy working on just such an encoder, right now, but obviously they're not going to release any details about such a project for some months. Admittedly, I don't know this for a fact, but I am absolutely convinced they are working on an HD encoder - they would be fools not to, since they are experts in the field, and stand to make a small fortune when HD DVD is finally ratified and achieves a decent level of market penetration. Just wait and see - I'm sure Cinemacraft won't let HD DVD authors down, although I am equally as certain that they'll be charged a hefty license fee for a CCE HD encoder...

Arky ;o)

"The significant problems we have created... cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them" - Albert Einstein

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Ancient Chinese Proverb

www.DVDAfterEdit.com - Edit DVDs post-mux with perfect Spec'-compliance
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2005, 20:33   #8  |  Link
kolak

I was wating for information like yours Arky. I couldn't write them by myself because my English is poor. Thanks one more time.