Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15th August 2010, 14:08   #6401  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
Hi deank,

in re-author mode after remuxing m2ts files with ATC_delta_entries in their clipinf, they lose this data and I don't know if it's related to this or not, but those files are in a seamless branching structure and after re-author one playlist in branching plays fine, but the other has a very small gap in audio between m2ts files.

Greetings

Edit: the problem isn't whit the second playlist, it's the second audio stream, because when I select it the first playlist the gap is also shown. I've kept the DTS core and changed it's order... I'll do some more tests
That's weird, if I keep the original DTS-HD there's no gap in audio between m2ts files, but if I only keep CTS core, I get this anoying gap
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 04:36   #6402  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
What is the message of your player when you insert the disc?
Not my players. A friend out west. I'll ask, but I do not believe there was a message.

Quote:
Don't check "Skip top menu playback" in the author tab to be sure that you will see at least the menu, even if the player cannot play the videos.
Not checked, as I only have a top menu. No welcome.

Quote:
When you hit the start button, you have to chose "AVCHD strict" if you wanna burn your project on a dvd. If you burn it on a BD, you chose Blu-ray (only one choice for this support).
Burning Blu-ray only.

Quote:
Of course, you have to burn it in UDF 2.50 mode. It's easier to do if you let MultiAVCHD launch ImgBurn (that you have to install separately).
Check "use ImgBurn with Dvd/BD" in MultiAVCHD's settings.
Yep, already doing that.

Quote:
Other possible reason of problem : the media itself. Some brands are not readable by all players, and it's impossible to know before testing it, except if you find a list of problematic discs on your player made by someone who tested it.
Ya, there is that possibility. I think he can burn. I'll have him try duplicating the disc.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 07:49   #6403  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I was away for 4-5 days, but I'm back

About Panasonic BDP - AFAIK there is a problem which I cannot resolve. Version 4.1 menus (excluding 'AVCHD strict' mode) do not work for some reason in Panasonics. I have no explanation about it, yet. Of course it is possible to use [AVCHD strict] mode and burn to BD-R disc - it will then work. All ver 3.x menus work with Panasonic players.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:01   #6404  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I was away for 4-5 days, but I'm back
I hope you enjoyed your time off.

Quote:
Of course it is possible to use [AVCHD strict] mode and burn to BD-R disc - it will then work.
I'm confused. I do have AVCHD strict mode set, but it didn't work. (Stricter AVCHD File Format).

Last edited by MrVideo; 16th August 2010 at 19:17.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:07   #6405  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

1st: it is the OUTPUT selection after you click [START] - AVCHD STRICT.

2nd: the option is "STRICT AVCHD FOLDER FORMAT" in AUTHOR tab.
Old 16th August 2010, 19:30   #6406  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
1st: it is the OUTPUT selection after you click [START] - AVCHD STRICT.
That explains why, sort-of.

I'm authoring Blu-ray compatible discs on BD-R. So I'm selecting the Blu-ray option for ANY Blu-ray player.

I ignored the AVCHD area as I'm not making AVCHD format discs. The bitrate I have encoded with is higher than the AVCHD spec.

I'll make one of those after an encoding I am doing is finished. I'll see if it works in my Sony, then I'll send it to him to try.
Old 16th August 2010, 20:17   #6407  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

As I posted before, there is an UN-known problem with Panasonic BDP player models 35/55/60/80... For some reason they don't cope with version 4 menu implementation. Either use version 3 or AVCHD STRICT output and burn to BD-R disc. The difference is minor to none.
Old 16th August 2010, 21:56   #6408  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
As I posted before, there is an UN-known problem with Panasonic BDP player models 35/55/60/80... For some reason they don't cope with version 4 menu implementation. Either use version 3 or AVCHD STRICT output and burn to BD-R disc.
Yes, I got all that.

Quote:
The difference is minor to none.
I kinda figured that the menu/folder layout wouldn't be much different, but I encoded the h.264 video at a rate higher than the avchd spec. If that is a don't care as well....

If there are no current plans to add simple menu layout to 4.1 (as I'm not the only one asking for this), then I might have to find V3.x and see how that simple menu works.
Old 17th August 2010, 02:27   #6409  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Either use version 3 or AVCHD STRICT output and burn to BD-R disc.
A new AVCHD disc will be sent to him tomorrow. The media played just fine in my Sony.
Old 17th August 2010, 02:35   #6410  |  Link
MrVideo

V3 Link Doesn't Work

@Dean

On your home website, the links to download the various versions has an error with V3. It points to Rapidshare, but it errors that the file has been removed.
Old 17th August 2010, 07:48   #6411  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

There is a link in the 1st post for Version 3.0.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:29   #6412  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
That's weird, if I keep the original DTS-HD there's no gap in audio between m2ts files, but if I only keep DTS core, I get this anoying gap
I think I've found a bug (at least with Up Spanish blu-ray edition) in tsMuxeR, and as it's one of the tools used in MultiAVCHD, maybe it could be interesting posting it here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=3997
Old 17th August 2010, 10:32   #6413  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Sometime ago users reported such gap-problems with tsMuxeR, although I never experienced such bugs.

A way around is to use eac3to to extract the audio.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:18   #6414  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
A way around is to use eac3to to extract the audio.
I have the option "Use eac3to" enabled, but it seems that the conversions available don't include "core only", which seems that it's always done with tsMuxeR... ¿Could this option also be added?

Thanks
Old 17th August 2010, 15:21   #6415  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
There is a link in the 1st post for Version 3.0.
Oh good grief! It is buried within all of the images, instead of being at the top of the post, along with the other links that are there. That is why I didn't see it at first. I did look, though I never expected more links to be buried within the images.

Plus it would be nice to fix the other links.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:21   #6416  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
The ability to create a simple menu is not within the capability of mAVCHD. As I mentioned in a previous posting, there should be and it should be added as a fourth menu type (Simple/XMB/Slider/Carousel).
As others have pointed out, doing a simple compilation Blu-ray disc is not simple with mAVCHD, as a fancy menu must be used and a fancy menu is not necessary ...
I agree with you! I'm sure Dean will make us a simple "table-of-contents"-like menu when he will have some spare time. Be sure, he is a genius, but a very busy man, too!

And, look at it from the other side: most video freaks don't care about anything else than just watching their captured and 'imported' video streams as they are! No trimming, no ads-cutting! Nothing! One said: "I want to watch my video, not the menu! Not loose time with editing and other nonsense!"
I guess that is a 90+% majority! From the rest, most like a simple fancy Youtube-/Website-like picturesque "title" menu. Just have a look what fancy stuff you get from CL PowerDirector (and the others in that league).
Not many, you may be among them, care about a chapters menu.
But a plain text menu? NO GO!

I am from last century! I would, in addition to what multiAVCHD already offers, like to get a TOC menu like I have seen in my neighbours C# code book: Titles + chapters in plain text (in the book it is Sections,chapters and paragraphs):
e.g.
4. Text-, binary-, Zip-files // ~ title
4.1 Read text files //~ chapter
4.2 Write text files
4.3 Append text files

(To be honest, I would want to have a little more: select a nice background picture, plus some headline and forward/backward controls per title- and chapter-menu page, etc.)

Probably we should discuss a requirements specification for a "simple toc menu" and then ask Dean what he would do for us. Last but not least, menus mean layout and art. You never can please everybody!

When I compare Dean's reaction timescale to that in other fields, than Dean is like a lightning in the thunderstorm! You know what I mean!

And I'am very pleased and happy with what I currently get from multiAVCHD menus!

Last edited by Cela; 17th August 2010 at 17:25.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 18:31   #6417  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
Probably we should discuss a requirements specification for a "simple toc menu" and then ask Dean what he would do for us. Last but not least, menus mean layout and art. You never can please everybody!
As far as authoring (and player) is concerned, a list of something, anything, is a menu.

What you are describing is basically what I am looking for. The inclusion of background (poster) image is a must. But a user selectable must (just like it is now). I posted a sample image of a simple menu, listing the items to play, A simple static menu.

So, I think we are on the same wavelength.
Old 18th August 2010, 06:12   #6418  |  Link
insaneoctane

I'm still working on my Monster AVCHD compilation (1.5TB) and I've resorted to using static menus (boo)...but now I'm getting this weird error, followed by the second error....any ideas?
Attached Images

Last edited by insaneoctane; 18th August 2010 at 06:15.
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 06:59   #6419  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

ERROR 1006 : The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (ERROR_FILE_INVALID)

The is an OS error and I have no control over it. It means that something happened with your USB HDD during the final phase - either it can't handle so many read/writes or windows unmounted it for some reason. What OS do you use?

Try to update manually and try again.

Last edited by deank; 18th August 2010 at 07:22.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 07:17   #6420  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
ERROR 1006 : The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (ERROR_FILE_INVALID)

What OS do you use?

Even with that error the compilation should work... or you can re-import and re-process without changing anything.
Windows 7 Ultimate

I've tried 3 times with the same error, in the exact same spot.
It does NOT play, because it looks like the playlists are not 8.3 and the PS3 won't recognize them...it looks like it broke before the 8.3 compliance was applied (look at the log window in picture, it happens during the "processing CPI/CLPI files" section.
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author