Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 6th September 2015, 00:24   #19601  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
Any likelihood that LAV video decoder might include frame interpolation for H.264 (or legacy mpeg using motion vectors) in future?
I'd say None, since that's something a renderer would do, not a decoder. SVP, which does what you're asking for, just had a very successful fundraiser. Watch for a totally re-written v.4 later this year or early next year.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 07:18   #19602  |  Link
IanD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkauff View Post
I'd say None, since that's something a renderer would do, not a decoder. SVP, which does what you're asking for, just had a very successful fundraiser. Watch for a totally re-written v.4 later this year or early next year.
Actually, it would be a decoder feature since frames are computed from motion vectors in any case: it's just a matter of extending that decoding to create additional frames using a proportion of the motion vectors.

I believe all of the frame interpolation techniques at the moment rely on recreating motion vectors from the raw image data, once it has been decoded, which is much less efficient: it's basically decoding the data, re-encoding the data and then decoding again as I suggested.

Decoders are code optimised to be very fast, whereas most of the techniques use a higher level programming which is not very efficient. Unfortunately there wouldn't be many people capable of creating a new decoder.
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 07:54   #19603  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
I believe all of the frame interpolation techniques at the moment rely on recreating motion vectors from the raw image data, once it has been decoded, which is much less efficient: it's basically decoding the data, re-encoding the data and then decoding again as I suggested.
SVP developers don't believe that MVs from decoder could help http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewto...d=49917#p49917
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 10:24   #19604  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Motion interpolation and optimal compression are completely different, and therefore the vectors shouldn't be shared. The exact same discussion was had for MVTools for Avisynth, and it turned out that while good coherent motion vectors are available in some blocks, mostly they're a ways off -- or even completely backward -- anywhere that it saves bits. A stream analyzer like CodecVisa will reveal just how crazy they're stored.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 10:26   #19605  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
Motion interpolation and optimal compression are completely different, and therefore the vectors shouldn't be shared. The exact same discussion was had for MVTools for Avisynth, and it turned out that while good coherent motion vectors are available in some blocks, mostly they're a ways off -- or even completely backward -- anywhere that it saves bits. A stream analyzer like CodecVisa will reveal just how crazy they're stored.
That's good information, thanks. I always thought it would be a good idea to reuse compression motion vectors for things like SVP, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 11:58   #19606  |  Link
mahmoud_a1

I have problem UHD TV (Ultra HD) cpu 100%

4670k core i5 and cant see video

and pc hang

any solve for this problem
mahmoud_a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 12:12   #19607  |  Link
huhn

some informations wouldn't be bad first. what are you trying to play which what player.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 12:14   #19608  |  Link
nussman

CPU 100% means your PC is too slow for UHD.
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 14:17   #19609  |  Link
mahmoud_a1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
some informations wouldn't be bad first. what are you trying to play which what player.
dvbviewer and lav filter
Old 6th September 2015, 14:39   #19610  |  Link
nussman

32bit HEVC Decoding is very slow and 4k HEVC in 10bit is very demanding.
Old 7th September 2015, 16:04   #19611  |  Link
James Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud_a1 View Post
and pc hang
DON'T OVERCLOCK

Now try to disable some enhancements in the renderer.
Old 8th September 2015, 01:38   #19612  |  Link
mahmoud_a1

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
DON'T OVERCLOCK

Now try to disable some enhancements in the renderer.
why use cpu not use gpu ?

maybe filter reason of problem ?
Old 8th September 2015, 07:48   #19613  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud_a1 View Post
why use cpu not use gpu ?

maybe filter reason of problem ?
Have you checked with GPU-Z that it doesn't? Intel has a hybrid decoder now, and the results are good, but it can only do so much. And if it's 10-bit UHD, GPU can't handle it at all. Alternately, perhaps your drivers are way out of date.

Otherwise, you're just pushing your system beyond what it can handle.

Last edited by foxyshadis; 8th September 2015 at 07:50.
Old 8th September 2015, 08:17   #19614  |  Link
nussman

It is 10bit and CPU is too slow. So it wont play smooth anyway.
All you can try is a 64Bit Player with 64bit LAV.
In DVBViewer the renderer skips late frames (can be changed in settings) and that's why it seems to hang?
Old 8th September 2015, 09:32   #19615  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
Have you checked with GPU-Z that it doesn't? Intel has a hybrid decoder now, and the results are good, but it can only do so much. And if it's 10-bit UHD, GPU can't handle it at all. Alternately, perhaps your drivers are way out of date.

Otherwise, you're just pushing your system beyond what it can handle.
the hybrid decoder are usually slower than pure x64 lav software decoder. at least it looks like this for higher mbit files.

and he is watching broadcast so it should be 10 bit HEVC with 20 to 60 MBIT. so you kind of need an gtx 950/960 to play it.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 17:52   #19616  |  Link
mahmoud_a1

I found solve

must use hardware decoder to use ( NVidia CUVID )

VIDEO SETTINGS Lav filter

now cpu 45-60 %
Old 12th September 2015, 05:23   #19617  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud_a1
I found solve
congradulations, but you did not say what videocard do you have. I suppose that nVIDIA GTX 950 or 960.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD
it works only using SW decoding because there is no GPU capable for HW H.264 10bit decoding.
Are you shure that nVIDIA GTX 950 or 960 GPUs capable for HW H.265 10bit 4:2:0 decoding?
P.J says yes, but I want that someone say yes too (especially you, huhn, nevcairiel, Aleksoid1978...), because foxyshadis writed some posts upper: "if it's 10-bit UHD, GPU can't handle it at all".
Quote:
Originally Posted by nussman
In DVBViewer the renderer skips late frames (can be changed in settings)
where this settings exatly and what renderer? What Windows (XP,7-10)?

Last edited by VictorLS; 12th September 2015 at 05:31.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 05:48   #19618  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
Are you shure that nVIDIA GTX 950 or 960 GPUs capable for HW H.265 10bit 4:2:0 decoding?
P.J says yes, but I want that someone say yes too (especially you, huhn, nevcairiel, Aleksoid1978...), because foxyshadis writed some posts upper: "if it's 10-bit UHD, GPU can't handle it at all".
You changed the last number from H.264 to H.265.

There is no GPU to actually decode in pure fixed-function HW 10bit H.264 clips, but Nvidia 950 & 960 can really decode in HW 10bit H.265 clips.

Nowadays there are only those two pure 10bit HW decoders, but next - gen Intel iGPUs and AMD GPUs which can already decode 8bit H.265 in HW, they will add 10bit too.
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 07:46   #19619  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
because foxyshadis writed some posts upper: "if it's 10-bit UHD, GPU can't handle it at all".
That was when I thought he only had Intel. If he'd given his full hardware and a MediaInfo from the start we could have fixed his problem in one post.
Old 12th September 2015, 08:07   #19620  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
You changed the last number from H.264 to H.265.
I made it specially because you are quite right about h264 but I wanted to know about h265 from you, because I respect your posts )
Quote:
There is no GPU to actually decode in pure fixed-function HW 10bit H.264 clips, but Nvidia 950 & 960 can really decode in HW 10bit H.265 clips. Nowadays there are only those two pure 10bit HW decoders
Thank you very much for full answer.
Quote:
but next - gen Intel iGPUs and AMD GPUs which can already decode 8bit H.265 in HW, they will add 10bit too.
but I am sure that both Intel iGPUs and AMD GPUs will not support both XP and 47,952-50Hz in drivers. So I will wait for cheap nVIDIA GTX9x0. I hope it will in stock in early 2016 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis
That was when I thought he only had Intel. If he'd given his full hardware
I agree, but you scared me )
Because most of UHD from SATs are 10bit (and this is problem for Elecard HEVC Video Decoder which shows recorded UHD h265 10bit 4:2:0 well in i.e. MPC-HC (but UHD in KMP 3.9.1.135 hangs up, SD and HD h265 works perfect) with i.e. LAVsplitter, but in SAT programs (DVBViewer, ProgDVB x86 and x64 and DVBDream) it shows color abracadabra (((
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter