Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 5th May 2006, 04:50   #41  |  Link
jm1647

r0lZ - I just used the trace/preview/blank pgc thing todayfor the first time. I usually use the blank all titles but my Good Night and Good Luck DVD I wanted to back up had some stuff that took up a bunch of MB that I wanted to get rid of and didn't want. All I can say is Wwwwwwoooooooowwwww and THANKS!!!
jm1647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 10:56   #42  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Multiple sets of buttons...

As it was discussed something about 1 year ago (it was about the title Spiderman...), the editing of menues containing multiple sets of buttons is unsupported by PgcEdit.

I fully agree this type of feature, enabling dynamic highlights in the selected buttons, is very rare, and the real benefits for the majority of users may not justify the high (I think...) implementation work which is required to give complete support for that. So forgive me for raising the topic again...

Anyway, r0lZ, maybe you could consider at least the possibility to safely export and import the whole menues into this type of scenario ?

Cheers,
SD
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 11:46   #43  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, the problem is that I have only one set of variables per cell. To implement dynamic menus, I should have one set of variables per button sets. And it's a pain to edit multiple sets manually, without some functions to repeat the same edit over all sets at once. These modifs would require a major rewrite of the button editor (and the viewer too.)

Also, why do you need an import/export functions for dynamic menus? If it's to recreate the buttons after a reencoding of the video, I'm affraid it will not work. I must export the button information indexed by the LBA of the nav pack. If the video is reencoded, the nav packs will not be at the same place any more, and the import function will fail.

Anyway, MenuEdit (by Dimad) is able to edit the dynamic menu buttons, but in group 1 only with the free version, and it has no import/export function.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 12:35   #44  |  Link
Sir Didymus

I see!

Thanks for the precise and detailed answer!
I am always fully happy with PgcEdit.

OK, forget my post, and have a nice w/e...

Cheers,
SD
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2006, 09:32   #45  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Anybody getting problems when blanking titlesets - PgcEdit is inserting cell commands 121 and messing up the cell flags?

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2006, 11:01   #46  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I remember I saw this problem once. Do you have a way to reproduce it?
Old 7th May 2006, 13:39   #47  |  Link
AlienX69
Interstellar Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutach
@AX
I find when I am tracing the main title, that I uncheck the little preview box to make things go quicker. It's only on those pesky extras and warnings that I wanna see how things go. Hope that helps you speed things up a bit.
Regards
Yep, that's what I meant by NP above, what I have been doing is just leaving it UNchecked (old habits hard to break "`") until I get to a known problem area (from experience), I then check the box ON ....Trace .... Blank cell ... etc ..... I am gonna try to break that ole keyboard habit .... THX Les

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old
Now we know where those .lay and .layout file come from ... THX setarip_les

AX
AlienX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2006, 13:55   #48  |  Link
AlienX69
Interstellar Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1647
All I can say is Wwwwwwoooooooowwwww and THANKS!!!
!!!! AGREE !!!! .... it's in my TOP 5 list ..... (ps: thx for donating jm)

AX
AlienX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 08:40   #49  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
I remember I saw this problem once. Do you have a way to reproduce it?
Will email you with some IFOs. It is very reproduceable on multicelled PGCs, when you blank the VTS AND "kill playback when it's safe" is selected. A cell flag type of 103 occurs with cell command number of 121.

It does not happen if you select don't kill playback.

Tends to happen more on ARccOS DVDs.

Regards

Old 8th May 2006, 08:51   #50  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Bug or No bug?

Here's the sitch:

Structure:
Precommands
Cell plays
Cell command = Set gprm(9)= 1; Link Tail PGC
Post commands

Action taken
Blank all VTST titles

Result
Precommands
Post commands transferred to precommands but NOT the set gprm(9)=1

I guess the routine stops the cell from playing, but then there is a problem. The DVD expects gprm(9) to contain 1 and it doesn't. Navigation is incorrect from this point on.

Regards

Last edited by blutach; 8th May 2006 at 08:59.
Old 9th May 2006, 12:47   #51  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the IFOs. I'll try to reproduce the cell table bug.

For the Blank Out problem, I agree that I should take the cell commands into account. But it's really not easy. In your case, the Set command is obviously needed. But what should I do when the PGC has several cells with cell commands? I can't assume that all cell commands are executed in sequence.

I propose to include the first cell command, but not the subsequent ones. Most of the time, a "normal" PGC has no, or only one cell command. But this method is probably not sufficient in the case of a game, for example.

To be safe in all cases, I need to do a full trace (from FP-PGC!) to know which cells are played, and which cell commands are executed. You know that the cell commands can be very complicated, in ARccOS DVDs for example. Therefore, analysing them without a full trace is definitively too difficult, and the trace requires too much user interaction.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:21   #52  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Yes, maybe take the 1st cell command and then issue a warning. However, there might be a more comprehensive way.

First, for ARccOS DVDs, many modern rippers eliminate the extra ununsed cell commands, leaving only the executed cell commands. This is obviously needed.

So, if this is the case, I wonder if a better method would be for PgcEdit to examine ALL remaining cell commands and set all required gprms according to the cell commands which are actually executed.

Another example: Suppose we have 4 cell commands, each which set a gprm but only 3 of which are referenced in the PGC Info Table (that is there 1 cell command that can't be executed because they are unreferenced). Then the normal playback (in the absence of silly ARccOS jumping around) will be to play the title sequentially and encounter those 3 referenced cell commands. So, we set the gprms according to the 3 referenced cell commands and then copy the post commands.

What do you think?

Regards

Old 9th May 2006, 13:51   #53  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It is easy to exclude the unreferenced cell commands. But it is absolutely impossible to know which cell commands are actually executed without a full trace!
And there is another problem, when the PGC is not always entered at cell 1, like in many menus. Which cell command should I use?
As you can see, it's not so easy!
Old 10th May 2006, 22:48   #54  |  Link
frank
Banned

TitleM not respected

There were no cells but some Pgc in the VMG domain. The TitleM was not referenced.
If you call cross references then TitleM will be red coloured and ALL VMG commands are lost!

But the TitleM can be called by remote Title button.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 00:58   #55  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Are you really sure the TitleM can be accessed with the remote? Can you verify the PUOs?

I've just checked, and, IMO, it works as it should. TitleM is coloured in red only if there are no direct references to it, and all non-dummy PGCs in the titlesets have the Title Menu call PUO set. I'm almost sure it is not possible to call the title menu with the remote in this case. (However, I don't check the PUOs of the VMGM menu PGCs. I assume that it is not possible to call the TitleM when a VMGM menu is playing. But I may be wrong...)
Old 11th May 2006, 07:58   #56  |  Link
President

Really great program. But... sorry r0lZ. It seems to me that the program have a little bug. I have a DVD with 8 cells movie (1 VobID and 1 to 8 CellIDs in VOBs and IFOs). I need create a separate title for each cell (don't ask me why. It's a long story). I created a new 7 titles (PGC-Clone current PGC). I removed unnecessary cells in each title (by clicking "Remove cells" button in PGC Editor), entered pre/post command and saved DVD.
I removed cells 2 to 8 for title 1 and linked cell 1/1 to title 1;
cells 1, 3 to 8 for title 2 and linked cell 1/2 to title 2;
cells 1 to 2 and 4 to 8 for title 3 and linked cell 1/3 to title 3;
and so on.
But, when I loaded VTS_01_1.IFO in IFOEdit and check a time map table, all cells has a identical "number of entries in time map". DVD has time navigation correct in the first title only. All other titles has time navigation failed. Navigational slider (Power DVD) is not locked, but don't working properly.

When I removed an unnecessary cells in each title in DVDRemakePro a time navigation is correct in all of titles. Number of entries in time map table in IFOEdit has an individual length for each title. But damned DVD Remake deleted all pre/post commands from whole DVD and damaged menu:-).

What do you think about that? Maybe I just used PGC Edit incorrectly?

Last edited by President; 11th May 2006 at 11:36.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 09:16   #57  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Title 2 (cell order is 1,3,4-8) and title 3 (cell order 1,2,4-8) are not one_sequential and so there should not be a time map table.

Edit:

@President

Sorry - above statement is wrong
titles can be one_sequential even if they are not muxed sequentially

Last edited by bigotti5; 11th May 2006 at 09:55.
bigotti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 09:50   #58  |  Link
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigotti5
Title 2 (cell order is 1,3,4-8) and title 3 (cell order 1,2,4-8) are not one_sequential and so there should not be a time map table.
No, no. In each title stay a one cell only. Cells 1, 2, 4-8 was removed from title 3. Cells 2-8 was removed from title 1. Cells 1, 3-8 was removed from title 2.
Title 1 contains Cell 1/1 only.
Title 2 contains Cell 1/2 only.
Title 3 contains Cell 1/3 only.
Title 8 contains Cell 1/8 only.
All cells placed in VOBs one by one physically.
PGC Edit can not removed unnesessary cells from each title correctly (after that time map contains 8 identical entries of first cell, or 8 copies of whole time map, in my opinion. I don't check it detailed) or I don't understand how to do it in PGC Edit. But DVDRemake do it correctly. I just notice r0lZ on this feature. I may be wrong. Sorry.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 10:04   #59  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

Quote:
No, no. In each title stay a one cell only...
......my statement is wrong in all cases even if your titles contain cells in non sequential mux order
bigotti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 10:51   #60  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

There is obviously a bug here. Will have a look.
Thanks for the report, President!