Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 1st July 2015, 13:04   #1761  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Ah, okay. I'll clear that from my .INI since I don't anticipate needing specifically 32 again any time soon.
32 items per page is the default anyway.
Old 1st July 2015, 18:17   #1762  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
32 items per page is the default anyway.
That is what I'm saying. The first time it generated 48 items on the first page and I hadn't set the MENU_MAXITEMS=n to anything.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 21:50   #1763  |  Link
Sharc

x264 frame-packing

@jdobbs
When adding "--frame-packing 3" to the x264 commandline for SBS 3D encodes, the W10 Movie&TV app will play SBS as 2D with correct DAR on the PC monitor.
Would it make sense to add this parameter for SBS encodes in BD-RB?
Or should I better add it to the .ini like TWEAK_ALTERNATE=--frame-packing 3 ?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 00:47   #1764  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
@jdobbs
When adding "--frame-packing 3" to the x264 commandline for SBS 3D encodes, the W10 Movie&TV app will play SBS as 2D with correct DAR on the PC monitor.
Would it make sense to add this parameter for SBS encodes in BD-RB?
Or should I better add it to the .ini like TWEAK_ALTERNATE=--frame-packing 3 ?
I should be ok to add it. I think it's just an informational SEI. I'll do some testing to make sure there isn't any unintended consequences, and I'll add it if not.

I wish there was documentation of the different --frame-packing options somewhere. Do you know of any? It doesn't show as an option with --longhelp or in any of the standard lookups (like wikibooks).
Old 9th March 2016, 01:01   #1765  |  Link
sneaker_ger

--fullhelp shows all options. They should be further explained in the H.264 spec.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 01:04   #1766  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
--fullhelp shows all options. They should be further explained in the H.264 spec.
Thanks. You'd think that as many years as I have been using it I would have known that...
Old 9th March 2016, 09:30   #1767  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Thanks. You'd think that as many years as I have been using it I would have known that...
Double-stitched ..... :
(Amazingly I have always to do --fullhelp twice in order to show the complete set of options).

Code:
 --frame-packing <integer> For stereoscopic videos define frame arrangement
                                  - 0: checkerboard - pixels are alternatively from L and R
                                  - 1: column alternation - L and R are interlaced by column
                                  - 2: row alternation - L and R are interlaced by row
                                  - 3: side by side - L is on the left, R on the right
                                  - 4: top bottom - L is on top, R on bottom
                                  - 5: frame alternation - one view per frame
                                  - 6: mono - 2D frame without any frame packing
                                  - 7: tile format - L is on top-left, R split across

Last edited by Sharc; 9th March 2016 at 09:44.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 12:43   #1768  |  Link
stefandee2k

convert only one DTS track to AC3

Hi,
I'm looking for a configuration for convert only one (or more,but not all) DTS track to Ac3 and take the prefered one DTS.
I cannot find information about this configuration.

Thanks
Stefano
stefandee2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 23:21   #1769  |  Link
mparade

without restrictions

@jdobbs

When making an alternate output (e.g. mkv container) using x264,do not you think it would be reasonable to let the user use a "clear" command line without any restrictions? (like what can be achieved currently using x265)?

I have a HTPC and just tested a command line like:
"x264-10bit --preset placebo --crf 18.00 --profile high10 --open-gop --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --sar 1:1 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --input-csp i420 --fps 24000/1001 --input-res 1920x1080 --output "C:\test.264" and got 20-30% smaller file size than the one with similar options but supplemented by standard BD restrictions like --bluray-compat etc.

I know these restrictions is a "must" when the user is going to make a BD compatible output, but in case of playing the encodes from e.g. a HTPC where the decoding is done by the processor or the gpu it is quite different.

It would be great to have a switch to be able to start from a "clear" command line and then tweak that command line with all the options one would like to use.

I hope you see some reason in my request above
I would really appreciate it if I could use a "clear" command line with x264 in case of making alternate outputs. In case of software decoding and storing the films on HDD it is a good idea, I think based upon my test results.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 02:43   #1770  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
@jdobbs

When making an alternate output (e.g. mkv container) using x264,do not you think it would be reasonable to let the user use a "clear" command line without any restrictions? (like what can be achieved currently using x265)?

I have a HTPC and just tested a command line like:
"x264-10bit --preset placebo --crf 18.00 --profile high10 --open-gop --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --sar 1:1 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --input-csp i420 --fps 24000/1001 --input-res 1920x1080 --output "C:\test.264" and got 20-30% smaller file size than the one with similar options but supplemented by standard BD restrictions like --bluray-compat etc.

I know these restrictions is a "must" when the user is going to make a BD compatible output, but in case of playing the encodes from e.g. a HTPC where the decoding is done by the processor or the gpu it is quite different.

It would be great to have a switch to be able to start from a "clear" command line and then tweak that command line with all the options one would like to use.

I hope you see some reason in my request above
I would really appreciate it if I could use a "clear" command line with x264 in case of making alternate outputs. In case of software decoding and storing the films on HDD it is a good idea, I think based upon my test results.
Yeah, I can do that for ALTERNATE output. I've thought about that before. I'll probably make it a checkbox on SETUP screen. I'll make it where the command line is empty (except for sizing as required) with tweaks added in.

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st August 2016 at 02:50.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 09:14   #1771  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Yeah, I can do that for ALTERNATE output. I've thought about that before. I'll probably make it a checkbox on SETUP screen. I'll make it where the command line is empty (except for sizing as required) with tweaks added in.
Thank you very much in advance!

P.S. Please do something with the "donation issue" as well.
Old 21st August 2016, 12:02   #1772  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
I have switched on your new hiddenopt "ALTERNATE_BLURAY=0" and it seems to be working as I wanted! I could overwrite all the command line parameters I wanted. I am going to test it more deeply...
Old 22nd August 2016, 01:25   #1773  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I have switched on your new hiddenopt "ALTERNATE_BLURAY=0" and it seems to be working as I wanted! I could overwrite all the command line parameters I wanted. I am going to test it more deeply...
I forgot that even existed.
Old 22nd August 2016, 04:47   #1774  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I forgot that even existed.
Yep, I just discovered that too in this last version. I also have turned this on. Remember how I was saying before that when an MKV file is encoded with Blu-ray compatible parameters, how my OPPO plays it back all distorted. So, now I have that turned on I figure that that should hopefully prevent that...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:50   #1775  |  Link
HWK

@ Jdoobs,

I was wondering if you can implement future to resume from second pass for X265.

Currently what happens let's say encoder doing second pass and user abort, in this case when you resume it has to do pass 1 and 2 again. I was hoping if first pass completed it wouldn't do again but it does.

Also for tweak can you include option to specify for pass 1 and pass 2 separately.
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:48   #1776  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
@ Jdoobs,

I was wondering if you can implement future to resume from second pass for X265.

Currently what happens let's say encoder doing second pass and user abort, in this case when you resume it has to do pass 1 and 2 again. I was hoping if first pass completed it wouldn't do again but it does.

Also for tweak can you include option to specify for pass 1 and pass 2 separately.
I assume you're talking about ALTERNATE encoding? It gets a little complicated -- because it is possible to change settings between the time you stop and restart.
Old 22nd August 2016, 17:25   #1777  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
I assume you're talking about ALTERNATE encoding? It gets a little complicated -- because it is possible to change settings between the time you stop and restart.
Ah okay, I see what you mean.
Old 23rd August 2016, 00:59   #1778  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Just a note for clarification. That setting doesn't really remove all the settings. It just removes the "--bluray-compat" switch from the command line.
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:51   #1779  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Just a note for clarification. That setting doesn't really remove all the settings. It just removes the "--bluray-compat" switch from the command line.
It was important for me to primarily remove the --bluray-compat parameter because as I experienced, all other parameters can be overwritten manually. (--bluray-compat cannot be, it has effects on the entire command line due to some for me unknown reason, not only on the ones inserted before)

It is not so convenient but it seems to be working until I can tweak to my taste the new "clear x264 command line for alternate output" feature.
Old 15th September 2016, 22:00   #1780  |  Link
veggav

Hey Jdobbs, I was wondering again today, what about a feature to just replace a subtitle with an .srt one?

Some movies have tons of subtitles options that can be disabled and those will point to PID 1200, correct?
So what if, just replace a subtitle and maybe if possible, change the country flag code.
I mean, using full disc backup.

This would be pretty safe I assume?

I know from my tests here that the flag for the country is only present at the MPLS Playlist file, no CLPI or anything.

Since the hash for the file is already being redone I guess this would be ok?
veggav is offline   Reply With Quote