Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th March 2016, 20:56   #23861  |  Link
ggtop

Alternate Output

Hi,

first of all many thanks to jdobbs for this fabolous piece of software.
I have a question regarding alternate output:
I would like to end up with an mp4 file containing AAC stereo and AC3. I think I'm fine with preset "iPad 2+/iPhone 4s+, 1920x1080, 160Kbs AAC" and want to mux the already extracted AC3 track into the file. I had hoped to find that command in "LASTCMD.txt" but there I only could find the x264 commandline.
Could you please give me a hint how to use the already existing input files such as audio, video & chapters for MP4Box.

I found a cosmetic issue: If you disable an active subtitle track, after turning the subtile on using right click, with double clicking, the letter most right is removed.
Example:
PGS_005, German [FORCED_ON] turns to PGS_005, Germa
PGS_005, Germa [FORCED_ON] turns to PGS_005, Germ
and so on

Another question: As I'm not a native English speaker I would like to keep the full German subtitles for some extras (there are no forced ones). Maybe it could be possible to add another entry on right click to hard-code them.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 30th March 2016 at 21:00. Reason: typos
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 15:33   #23862  |  Link
jdobbs

You could do this:

c:\path\to\bd_rebuilder\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe -mpeg4 -add current.mp4 -add newaudio.ac3:language=eng -new newoutput.mp4

current.mp4 is the output from BD Rebuilder, newaudio.ac3 is the new AC3 stream you want to add, change "eng" the the language that is appropriate (probably deu).

I just tested the cosmetic bug... yep it does it. I'll fix it for the next release.

As for "Another Question", I assume you mean hard-code them into a full disc backup. I'll have to think about that. It would require that you install SupTitle separately (as is necessary with hardcoded subs in ALTERNATE output).

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st March 2016 at 15:46.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 16:04   #23863  |  Link
ggtop

Hi jdobbs,

thank you for the suggestion, I will try it when I'm at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
As for "Another Question", I assume you mean hard-code them into a full disc backup. I'll have to think about that. It would require that you install SupTitle separately (as is necessary with hardcoded subs in ALTERNATE output).
My question was regarding alternate output as well.
I have a German subtitle stream without forced subtitles but want to include these into the final MP4 or MKV.

I tried to add lines
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SupTitle.dll")
SupTitle("C:\USERS\xxx\VIDEOS\BD_RB_WORK3\WORKFILES\00045.track_4612.sup")
right after extraction but each time I restart the encoding the avs file is recreated and my changes are gone.

I don't think hardcoding in a BD structure make sense as BD structures work with PGS anyway.

My player (Panasonic BDT220) seems to be picky. It doesn't Play MKV with muxed subs (ZLIB compression makes no difference).

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 31st March 2016 at 16:07.
Old 31st March 2016, 16:36   #23864  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Hi jdobbs,

thank you for the suggestion, I will try it when I'm at home.

My question was regarding alternate output as well.
I have a German subtitle stream without forced subtitles but want to include these into the final MP4 or MKV.

I tried to add lines
Code:
right after extraction but each time I restart the encoding the avs file is recreated and my changes are gone.

I don't think hardcoding in a BD structure make sense as BD structures work with PGS anyway.

My player (Panasonic BDT220) seems to be picky. It doesn't Play MKV with muxed subs (ZLIB compression makes no difference).

ggtop
For ALTERNATE output, just enable Suptitle() in the SETUP dialog, and set the preferred language (see HIDDENOPTS.TXT) and BD-RB will do it for you.
Old 31st March 2016, 17:38   #23865  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
For ALTERNATE output, just enable Suptitle() in the SETUP dialog, and set the preferred language (see HIDDENOPTS.TXT) and BD-RB will do it for you.
Mmh, call me blind, but the only thing related to SUBs seems to be FORCED_SUB_LANG which I already set to DEU;GER;

From what I have read this setting will let BDRB output forced subs into a new sub track which will be hardcoded which is what I need for all subs and not only forced subs :-)

Last edited by ggtop; 31st March 2016 at 17:41.
Old 31st March 2016, 18:00   #23866  |  Link
jdobbs

Click on the "Settings" menu item, then select "Setup". You'll see it in the "General Encoder Options" section on the lower-right. Then just select a subtitle from the streams list that you want forced on.

[Edit]Whoops. That's not working... for now just add your filters:

But you have to add them by clicking on "Use AVS filters during encoding" from the SETUP dialog.

[Edit again] I've changed the code for the next release so the instructions above will work.

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st March 2016 at 19:26.
Old 31st March 2016, 19:56   #23867  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Is there anything the User has to install to get Suptitle() to work? Is just setting the language and enabling it in Setup all that is required to burn in forced subtitles?
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 20:11   #23868  |  Link
jdobbs

You just have to download suptitle and store it somewhere -- as it has a rule that it can't be redistributed with other software. I put it in the BD Rebuilder tools folder, but it really doesn't matter where -- the AVISYNTH plug-in folder makes it available for other software. Within BD-RB you will have to navigate to the DLL the first time you try to select it in order to establish a path to it.

As I mentioned above, it is currently only working for forced subtitles (forced within the stream) unless you add the filters.

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st March 2016 at 20:15.
Old 31st March 2016, 20:15   #23869  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Click on the "Settings" menu item, then select "Setup". You'll see it in the "General Encoder Options" section on the lower-right. Then just select a subtitle from the streams list that you want forced on.

[Edit]Whoops. That's not working... for now just add your filters:

But you have to add them by clicking on "Use AVS filters during encoding" from the SETUP dialog.

[Edit again] I've changed the code for the next release so the instructions above will work.
Thank you for looking into this
The downside when using "Use AVS filters during encoding" is that the source is rescanned after saving the settings and therefore I have to redo the settings (picking playlist and so on). The "first pass" is to demux the stream and to look for the proper PGS PID.

You mean that marking a subtitle stream as [FORCED ON] will fully hardcode the stream and override FORCED_SUB_LANG in a future/next version.
If you want to me to test this in advance please let me know.

Thanks again

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 31st March 2016 at 20:19.
Old 31st March 2016, 20:24   #23870  |  Link
jdobbs

I'll send you an interim test version...
Old 31st March 2016, 20:31   #23871  |  Link
jdobbs

@ggtop

Check your PM.
Old 31st March 2016, 21:20   #23872  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
@ggtop

Check your PM.
Checked, tested & confirmed. Works beautifully
Old 31st March 2016, 21:46   #23873  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
You could do this:

c:\path\to\bd_rebuilder\tools\mp4box\mp4box.exe -mpeg4 -add current.mp4 -add newaudio.ac3:language=eng -new newoutput.mp4

current.mp4 is the output from BD Rebuilder, newaudio.ac3 is the new AC3 stream you want to add, change "eng" the the language that is appropriate (probably deu).
Hi,

just tested adding the already existing AC3 file into the mp4 file:
Code:
mp4box -mpeg4 -add MyFile.mp4 -add "MyFile.ac3"#audio:name=WhatYouLike:lang=<LANG ID> -new NewFile.mp4
works.

ggtop
Old 1st April 2016, 08:00   #23874  |  Link
DRKPSYD

Full 3D to 25GB doesn't work. Throws random file sizes all the time. It's a shame this program is still in beta stage.
DRKPSYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 08:04   #23875  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Works perfectly here. Might help if you provide an encode log and more info as to what you call 'random file sizes'.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 08:07   #23876  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKPSYD View Post
Full 3D to 25GB doesn't work. Throws random file sizes all the time. It's a shame this program is still in beta stage.
Far too vague. Need more to go on. 90% of the time, I have zero issues. Probably closer to 95%
Do you mean the finished output size? E.g. 21GB, and then 22.5GB? While that's somewhat considerable in gig-age, by proportion, the difference is very small.
Old 1st April 2016, 08:16   #23877  |  Link
Glarioo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKPSYD View Post
It's a shame this program is still in beta stage.
Shame on you! Show a little respect for jdobbs. He (she) works hard on BD-RB. And getting zero donations since Paypal blocked it.
Glarioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 11:48   #23878  |  Link
KaraokeAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarioo View Post
Shame on you! Show a little respect for jdobbs. He (she) works hard on BD-RB. And getting zero donations since Paypal blocked it.
+1. I agree.
KaraokeAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 12:02   #23879  |  Link
worknstiff

+2. I agree. Show a little respect for jdobbs.

Hell, I do all my disks at 23gb, and I have noticed it's not an exact measurement when you choose a custom size also. But what do you expect when you are dealing with such a wide range of variables, like how complex the scenes are and how many extras you blank and don't even get me started on how lossless HD audio file sizes are all over the place. Worse case scenario, I just delete the BD_RB encode and adjust the custom size up or down with an educated guess. I have had some disks take 4 tries to get it right, BUT I don't blame BD_Rebuilder and certainly don't call it a "beta" program. Good god DRKPSYD, I've wasted a good amount of money on a lot of other programs that didn't do half of what this one does for free. Thanks, jdobbs
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 12:13   #23880  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarioo View Post
Why paypal blocked donations? This software is useless if disc content has not been decrypted. I do not see any problem here.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote