Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 13th May 2011, 16:06   #41  |  Link
HogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDragon View Post
Not to be argumentative, but the first two points just sound like reasons not to use TMT5 in the first place.
That to me sounds more like an argument for not fixing the program. Just because TMT5 has its problems is *not* a valid reason to suggest I uninstall it just to be able to change TMT3 regions with your program.

As it stands right now, if someone has multiple versions of PDVD installed, your program can change the region coding of *all* of them; though they can only be changed separately if one is Method 1 and the other is Method 2 (and then only with command-line parameters), that's a Cyberlink constraint that can't be avoided. However, if you have multiple versions of TMT installed, only the *newest* TMT version can be changed; all other versions are ignored.

IMO, that favors Cyberlink over ArcSoft when it *should* be the other way around. I hung onto PDVD 7.3 for a long time for HD DVD support, until it got to where HD DVDs were always out-of-sync whether ReClock was active or not; that's when I switched to TMT3, which is MUCH better. TMT5 just happened to come out shortly thereafter, so I got it just in case they stopped supporting TMT3, as well as to verify whether or not HD DVD remained (though TMT3 still supported it, ArcSoft didn't officially note it as a feature). It's unfair to say that just because I also have TMT5 installed, I can't use your program to change TMT3's region as well...

(Edit: Just to be clear, I do *NOT* suggest changing the *default* behavior, either without parameters or with the current "TMT:" parameter, except if possible to detect & change *all* installed TMT versions instead of just the latest one, just like PDVD. My primary suggestion is that you add command-line parameters for specific TMT versions, i.e., "TMT2:", "TMT3:", "TMT5:", etc. Note that there is *NO* TMT4; ArcSoft skipped from 3 to 5.)

Last edited by HogMan; 13th May 2011 at 16:29. Reason: Expand
HogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:36   #42  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

This tool does not support PowerDVD11, any fix for it?
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 01:51   #43  |  Link
ChiDragon

Sadly no, they've completely changed how the region settings are stored and I couldn't determine where they are now. The files they use now may even be encrypted.

@HogMan, I have made a couple attempts to support multiple TMT versions but as it is now there are several parts based on whether TMT is running, etc. that assume you're only using one version and I'm not sure how I'd want to alter those.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 05:17   #44  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

Sadly to hear that. Hope that it can be hacked asap.
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2011, 16:11   #45  |  Link
A Pal

PowerDVD 11

Hello,

On the DVDFab forum, I found a tip from a moderator named Blazkowicz:

Create a backup of:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyberlink\Common]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Common]
Application Data\CyberLink
Application Data\PDVD

Use the attached script for resetting the BD Region counter to 5 changes.

I have no Blu-ray equipment, so I cannot test it myself, but perhaps this information helps you write a new version of your tool. As far as I know, DVDFab Passkey currently does not work with PowerDVD 11 either.

Many greetings,

A Pal
Attached Files
File Type: zip pdvd11_xp.zip (1.3 KB, 475 views)
A Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 15:58   #46  |  Link
A Pal

PowerDVD 11

According to dvdfab.com, DVDFab Passkey 8.0.3.7 can now reset the Blu-ray region counter of PowerDVD 11.
A Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 15:17   #47  |  Link
mezo
Iron Pawn

Does the tool offer support for PowerDVD 12?
Old 23rd March 2012, 15:31   #48  |  Link
mezo
Iron Pawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogMan View Post
(a) TMT3 still plays HD DVDs; TMT5 doesn't.
Is this true? According to this thread on the Arcsoft's forum (http://www.arcsoft.com/Forum/forum_p...ID=7195&OB=ASC) they still support HD DVDs but without fixing issues related to the format.
Old 28th March 2012, 04:33   #49  |  Link
ChiDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo View Post
Does the tool offer support for PowerDVD 12?
Sorry, it doesn't even support version 11. I only want to add versions where the region can actually be set externally (not just resetting the counter) and they made it too complex to figure out.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 18:45   #50  |  Link
Dofin

Region tool

This tool is working fine with TMT5 on Windows 8. For unknown reason, a multizone BD, confirmed by AnyDVDHD, refused to play in TMT5, set region A. It only played when TMT5 is region B. I've made an ISO, re-ripped it with both Slysoft and DVDFab, to no avail. BD is Angels and Demons, version CEE.
Thanks.
Old 5th May 2020, 22:23   #51  |  Link
SecretGuardian

Can anyone please provide a mirror for this fantastic tool? Unfortunately I have only now discovered it, and the site is down. Surely somebody must have saved it?
SecretGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 23:09   #52  |  Link
smiller667

Try the Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20160609...RegionTray.exe
smiller667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2020, 10:33   #53  |  Link
petran79

Main issue Is with DVD région code,though Sometimes the DVD player itself refusés to recognize à disc for a différent région,even with anydvd on. Have to mâke the Change via Hardware Option.One reason I have two portable USB Drives,one DVD and other DVD/bd.
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote