Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 7th February 2009, 18:32   #1  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

TSmuxer TRUE-HD workarounds:

Would like to start a thread discussing various ways to work around the tsmuxer true-hd bug. I will show my method that works most of the time but unfortunatly uses a older version of TSremux which means you can not split the m2ts files into 4 gig. parts which is needed if you wan to use a thumb drive or external harddrive to play AVCHD. So this method only works if you are burning to a DVD-5/9.

Workaround 1:
Download version .019 of TSremux you can get ver. .019 here:
http://www.videohelp.com/download/TsRemux019.exe
(note newer versions may work also but have not tested)

Use TSmuxer to mux the Video and True-hd streams into a m2ts file.

Use TSremux open the .m2ts output from previous step and choose output structure of bluray. Also make SURE TO UNCHECK BYPASS AUDIO ALIGNMENT. then choose a directory for output file then remux (you have to enter the dir name in .019 that is ok it will create it).

Then you must replace two files in the BDMV folder of the just created output and in the BACKUP folder inside the BDMV folder. These are standard avchd structure files you can get here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zummmem25ym
(Warning if you do not do this you will just see data disk in PS3).

Then burn BDMV and CERTIFICATE using imgburn to dvd using udp 2.5 structure.

Vola working True-HD.

Limitations is that you cant use the thumb drive avchd method because you can not split the files with TSremux. If there is a easy program to split m2ts files already in a BD structure that would be a great addition to this method. Also this method doesnt always work (TSremux seems to have issues with 16bit True-HD).

Last edited by jamos; 7th February 2009 at 18:53.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 18:51   #2  |  Link
brogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
Would like to start a thread discussing various ways to work around the tsmuxer true-hd bug. I will show my method that works most of the time but unfortunatly uses a older version of TSremux which means you can not split the m2ts files into 4 gig. parts which is needed if you wan to use a thumb drive or external harddrive to play AVCHD. So this method only works if you are burning to a DVD-5/9.

Workaround 1:
Download version .019 of TSremux you can get ver. .019 here:
http://www.videohelp.com/download/TsRemux019.exe
(note newer versions may work also but have not tested)

Use TSmuxer to mux the Video and True-hd streams into a m2ts file.

Use TSremux open the .m2ts output from previous step and choose output structure of bluray. Also make SURE TO UNCHECK BYPASS AUDIO ALIGNMENT. then choose a directory for output file then remux (you have to enter the dir name in .019 that is ok it will create it).

Then you must replace two files in the BDMV folder of the just created output and in the BACKUP folder inside the BDMV folder. These are standard avchd structure files you can get here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zummmem25ym
(Warning if you do not do this you will just see data disk in PS3).

Then burn BDMV and CERTIFICATE using imgburn to dvd using udp 2.5 structure.

Vola working True-HD.

Limitations is that you cant use the thumb drive avchd method because you can not split the files with TSremux. If there is a easy program to split m2ts files already in a BD structure that would be a great addition to this method. Also this method doesnt always work (TSremux seems to have issues with 16bit True-HD).

I have a couple of questions for you, if you could answer them for me. If I have a BD that I rip to my HD & put the main .m2ts file into TSMuxeR to remove the extra audio tracks that I don't want but keep the TrueHD track, will it become corrupted? Or if I use TSMuxeR to demux the video & audio, shrink the video to a BD25 using say, RipBot, then remux using TSMuxeR to a .m2ts, then remux to Blu-ray structure using the correct version of TSRemux (v019), will that work? I want to give this a shot but was hoping to get a little more information...I hate wasting BD25 if I don't have to...thanks for the information, it's greatly appreciated...
brogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 06:23   #3  |  Link
brogan

ok, I tried this workaround on a BD25 (I have one BD-RW)
Good news: I was able to get TrueHD audio on the disc (my Onkyo TX-SR806 lit up & everything)
Bad news: the audio was all garbled & caused the video to pause & drop out consistently
Has anyone been able to get this working on a BD25? I know you should be able to get DTS-HD MA w/TSMuxeR, but I want TrueHD!
This sucks
Please let me know if anyone has gotten it to work even once w/a BD25...thanks
Old 10th February 2009, 14:14   #4  |  Link
nwg

Forget about TsMuxer for TrueHD. Use Ts4NP (later version of Tsremux) for TrueHD and load the movie m2ts into it. Then take out what you want and create a new BD structure. The only bad thing is it won't keep the original chapter positions.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 16:55   #5  |  Link
brogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg View Post
Forget about TsMuxer for TrueHD. Use Ts4NP (later version of Tsremux) for TrueHD and load the movie m2ts into it. Then take out what you want and create a new BD structure. The only bad thing is it won't keep the original chapter positions.

I'm completely unconcerned about the chapter points. If I have a BD movie that I rip to my HD, I should load the main movie .m2ts file, remove the extra tracks & then convert to BD structure, all using Ts4NP? If that's all I have to do, that's awesome! Will this work when burning to a actual disc? Do I still need to make a .iso file from the BDMV & CERTIFICATE folders or can I just burn the folders and save a step? Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10th February 2009, 23:04   #6  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogan View Post
I'm completely unconcerned about the chapter points. If I have a BD movie that I rip to my HD, I should load the main movie .m2ts file, remove the extra tracks & then convert to BD structure, all using Ts4NP? If that's all I have to do, that's awesome! Will this work when burning to a actual disc? Do I still need to make a .iso file from the BDMV & CERTIFICATE folders or can I just burn the folders and save a step? Thanks for the heads up!
Yes that is all you need to do. No ISO is needed.

I use Imgburn to burn the BD's using its write files/folders to disc mode. It will detect the BD and so will use UDF 2.50 automatically.

It won't work with discs with multiple m2ts files for the movie (seemless branching) though as only one m2ts can be loaded. I use Eac3to to extract the video and audio but still need TsMuxer to mux them together (unless another program can do it). As TrueHD is corrupted, the audio needs to be converted to something else. I usually convert the TrueHD to either uncompressed PCM or just plain DTS.
Old 11th February 2009, 01:29   #7  |  Link
brogan

Quote:
Yes that is all you need to do. No ISO is needed.

I use Imgburn to burn the BD's using its write files/folders to disc mode. It will detect the BD and so will use UDF 2.50 automatically.

It won't work with discs with multiple m2ts files for the movie (seemless branching) though as only one m2ts can be loaded. I use Eac3to to extract the video and audio but still need TsMuxer to mux them together (unless another program can do it). As TrueHD is corrupted, the audio needs to be converted to something else. I usually convert the TrueHD to either uncompressed PCM or just plain DTS.

So TrueHD won't work regardless of what I use, is that correct? I'm trying to figure out a workaround (if there is one) to get a TrueHD track on a re-encoded BD25...I thought you meant that if I use Ts4NP to remux to BD structure it would work correctly...has anyone been able to do this, ever?
Old 11th February 2009, 02:37   #8  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

is tsmuxer still being developed?
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 12:14   #9  |  Link
nwg

Quote:

So TrueHD won't work regardless of what I use, is that correct? I'm trying to figure out a workaround (if there is one) to get a TrueHD track on a re-encoded BD25...I thought you meant that if I use Ts4NP to remux to BD structure it would work correctly...has anyone been able to do this, ever?
Never got TrueHD to work with TsMuxer. It comes out garbled and a corrupted on playback or worse no sound at all.

That bold bit is what I just said. Ts4NP won't work with multiple m2ts as ony one can be loaded into it.
Old 11th February 2009, 13:09   #10  |  Link
brogan

Quote:
Never got TrueHD to work with TsMuxer. It comes out garbled and a corrupted on playback or worse no sound at all.

That bold bit is what I just said. Ts4NP won't work with multiple m2ts as ony one can be loaded into it.

Ok, so on single .m2ts file that have been muxed w/TSmuxer (removing unwanted streams, etc) and keeping the video & TrueHD audio, Ts4NP should be able to properly create the BD structure so that I can then burn this to a BD25 & play on a standalone BD player. Do I need to uncheck Bypass Audio alignement or leave it checked? I had read that it needed to be unchecked but wasn't sure. I was going to try going the route of converting the TrueHD track to LPCM burning it that way but the size went from 2.3GB to over 6GB for the audio! When I get home from work today, I will try & burn this to a BD-RW & see if it works. Thanks for your help....

Last edited by brogan; 11th February 2009 at 13:36. Reason: Add another question
Old 11th February 2009, 18:23   #11  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
Ok, so on single .m2ts file that have been muxed w/TSmuxer (removing unwanted streams, etc) and keeping the video & TrueHD audio, Ts4NP should be able to properly create the BD structure so that I can then burn this to a BD25 & play on a standalone BD player. Do I need to uncheck Bypass Audio alignement or leave it checked? I had read that it needed to be unchecked but wasn't sure. I was going to try going the route of converting the TrueHD track to LPCM burning it that way but the size went from 2.3GB to over 6GB for the audio! When I get home from work today, I will try & burn this to a BD-RW & see if it works. Thanks for your help....
Use the original m2ts BD files when using ts4NP. Don't use files the have gone through TsMuxer as the TrueHD sound will be already corrupted.
Old 11th February 2009, 18:49   #12  |  Link
brogan

Quote:
Use the original m2ts BD files when using ts4NP. Don't use files the have gone through TsMuxer as the TrueHD sound will be already corrupted.

There is my problem...I need to be able to demux & remux the streams...generally, when I have a BD50, I want to back it up onto a BD25...nowadays, most newer movies are well over the 23GB limit of a BD25, even just the main .m2ts file...is there any other way besides TSMuxeR to remux a video stream & the TrueHD stream back together again? If there is, I'm unaware of it...so basically, once TSMuxeR is used at all (as far as TrueHD is concerned) the audio will be corrupted...I've been using eac3to to demux the audio, then re-encoding the video w/RipBot & then remuxing back the 2 streams w/TSMuxeR to .m2ts then use TSRemux to convert to BD structure...is there any other utility that could be used to remux the streams back? Thanks again for all your help...
Old 11th February 2009, 21:12   #13  |  Link
wakebrder

Quote:
There is my problem...I need to be able to demux & remux the streams...generally, when I have a BD50, I want to back it up onto a BD25...nowadays, most newer movies are well over the 23GB limit of a BD25, even just the main .m2ts file...is there any other way besides TSMuxeR to remux a video stream & the TrueHD stream back together again? If there is, I'm unaware of it...so basically, once TSMuxeR is used at all (as far as TrueHD is concerned) the audio will be corrupted...I've been using eac3to to demux the audio, then re-encoding the video w/RipBot & then remuxing back the 2 streams w/TSMuxeR to .m2ts then use TSRemux to convert to BD structure...is there any other utility that could be used to remux the streams back? Thanks again for all your help...
I've been looking to accomplish the exact same thing.

I'm pretty sure that until Tsmuxer is updated to handle True-HD properly, we're out of luck.

Unless of course you can afford Scenarist.
wakebrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:48   #14  |  Link
nwg

Quote:
It's a shame that Eac3to cannot remux the video and audio into a new m2ts. Then all we need to do is use Ts4NP or ripbot on the m2ts to create a new BD structure.

Ts4NP needs to be able to select separate video/audio like TsMuxer.

I tried using ripbot to do BD50 - BD25 but gave up. At 1080p, it was processing both passes at juts 1fps.

Last edited by nwg; 11th February 2009 at 21:51.
Old 11th February 2009, 22:05   #15  |  Link
brogan

I'm not going to be using Scenarist anytime soon, unfortunately...I was hoping that something like xport, xmuxer or some other program would do this but I guess we're out of luck...converting TrueHD into LPCM just completely blows it up in size, I'm trying to fit it onto a BD25...if I'm going to use 6-9 GB in space for the audio, it might just be easier to convert TrueHD to DTS & put it on a BD9...I just thought someone may have figured out a workaround for this but I guess we're SOL til TSMuxeR is updated (allegedly 1st quarter, 2009) even then, there's no guarantee that it will properly support TrueHD...we can always hope, though...
Old 11th February 2009, 23:03   #16  |  Link
nwg

At least for now Ts4NP can be still be used on discs that produce a movie file less than 23GB. So far, only a handful has been over that.

Last edited by nwg; 11th February 2009 at 23:11.
Old 12th February 2009, 01:17   #17  |  Link
nwg

I wonder if this will work?

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh...d.php?tid=1786

It looks like it also uses TsMuxer but TrueHD is a option. It can save as a m2ts file. NsTNP can then be used to create a BD structure.

edit.

Seems not Cannot load separate video/audio files.

Last edited by nwg; 12th February 2009 at 01:23.
Old 12th February 2009, 19:11   #18  |  Link
psme

Saw this http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh...2947#pid142947 in the multiAVCHD thread (I think), but can't find it now! Anyway, I have a blu-ray rip with a 5.1 TrueHD in 24/192 and decompressed size is 25G! So I gave this tools a try, IT WORKS! Use tsmuxer normally in blu-ray structure output with 4G file split. Then run each file in STREAM folder with the tools. Finally run AVCHDme on the BDMV folder, and PS3 plays the TrueHD track perfectly! WOW!

regards,

Li On
psme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 21:42   #19  |  Link
nwg

That is the same as my link above. So it corrects the TrueHD problem with Tsmuxer? It still doesn't help those who want to use separate video and audio tracks and only one file can be selected.
Old 12th February 2009, 21:44   #20  |  Link
brogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psme View Post
Saw this http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh...2947#pid142947 in the multiAVCHD thread (I think), but can't find it now! Anyway, I have a blu-ray rip with a 5.1 TrueHD in 24/192 and decompressed size is 25G! So I gave this tools a try, IT WORKS! Use tsmuxer normally in blu-ray structure output with 4G file split. Then run each file in STREAM folder with the tools. Finally run AVCHDme on the BDMV folder, and PS3 plays the TrueHD track perfectly! WOW!

regards,

Li On

That's awesome! Have you checked the bitrate of the audio to make sure you're not just getting the AC3 playing? I hope someone tries on a BD25 or I may have to be the 1st guinea pig
edit: can't load seperate files? won't work for me

Last edited by brogan; 12th February 2009 at 22:25.